You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
DESIGN & ESTIMATING ENGINEER - PILING
Role / Company Overview:
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Design & Estimating Engineer with a leading UK business. The business has multiple sites, a 76 million turnover with aspirations of developing further.
Reporting to the Design & Estimating Manager, you will be responsible for the procurement of works through the preparation and submission of estimates for Piling and House Foundations projects within the Yorkshire Area. The role requires the interpretation of site investigations and producing pile designs and calculations as part of an effective tendering and negotiation process.
Key interfaces include; CST, Production, HF Design, Operations, Commercial, Rig allocation
- Review and appraisal of incoming enquiries for suitability to client’s products and services.
- Prepare and compile estimates and designs calculations for the submission of tenders in line with client requirements and timescales for both Piling and House Foundation enquiries.
- Maximise turnover and profit through effective tendering and negotiation.
- Prepare formal pile designs to BS8004 and Eurocode 7 at both pre and post contract stage.
- Assist in developing the Yorkshire business in a pro-active manner through effective marketing, relationship building, identifying new market opportunities and value engineering.
- Attend pre contract meetings alongside operational and commercial colleagues to agree scope of works and all other issues pertaining to the contract.
- Provide technical support as work progresses on site including liaison with clients Engineers on technical and design matters.
- Ensure compliance with company QA procedures.
- Assist in the settlement of claims and disputes as required.
- Foster good working relationships with clients whilst maintaining and improving the professional and progressive image of the company.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary negotiable dependent on experience
- Company car
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Share scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 33 days holiday
Commutable From: Leeds, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Doncaster, Barnsley, Goole