- This an opportunity to work for a world leading business, for approximately one year.
- The incumbent will be coordinating with the managers on different projects to understand project status, help remove existing obstacles and determine priorities.
- You will provide system updates and report into the US based Hiring Manager.
- Role is open to Ltd Company or PAYE working.
- Previous project management experience is a must as well as the flexibility to assist the Hiring Manager on alternative assignments if necessary
- Someone that's well organized, has good energy and the ability to coordinate many tasks
- A technical background would be a substantial advantage
- Proven project management skills
- Work cross-functionality
- The ability to logically determine the priority of one project to another
Client uses a process called Class 4 to manage projects related to suppliers and products. These projects typically involve a number of different functions not limited to but including manufacturing operations, engineering, quality and supply chain & logistics. The purpose behind these projects can vary from managing risk at a supplier, continuation of supply of product and cost reduction projects. These projects are led by the individual project leaders and in some cases a project can be so big or so critical that an individual is assigned to lead the projects. These projects are managed through a system called Agility. Agility is a project management tool that is institutionalized within the business across all functions and is used to coordinate project approvals virtually. This contracted person’s role is the overall coordination of these Class 4 projects from a purchasing functional perspective to remove obstacles by coordinating resources and management support.
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; works with project leaders to designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues. Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
- Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions. Documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
- Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects. Guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project if required; provides developmental feedback to team members.
- Skills Issue Management - Maintains a cross-functional project issues list, with appropriate prioritization based on the issue's level of importance. Drives appropriate and timely resolution and approval of changes to the project plan.
- Scope Management - Solicits and organizes customer requirements (Voice of the Customer) and tracks the status of project deliverables. Manages the connections between business management and the project teams deliverables.
- Schedule Management - Develops and maintains the multi-project monthly status report as well as any financial reporting to the business at a project and aggregate level. Proficient at one or more schedule management tools. Knows the right level of detail needed to use the tool effectively.
- Resource Plan Management - Develops and manages a cross-functional resource plan for a project. Knows the right level of detail needed to complete the processes and use the tools effectively.
- Business Planning/Strategy - Familiar with tools for financial analysis and its relevance. Knows when, where, and how to get assistance.
- Cross-Functional Knowledge - Understands the more detailed hand-offs between functional areas on a project and knows the detailed work of at least one functional area.
- Project Risk Management - Leads teams in the development of a project FMEA and/or 9-box project risk summary and identifies and manages the actions to mitigate the risk.
Pay and Hours: £25.00 - £28.00 per hour – Ltd Company, 39 hours per week