Introduction: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Buyer to be part of an expanding, developing organisation within the manufacturing industry.
Company: An expanding organisation who take exceptional pride in what they manufacture, their reputation is enviable and the team is expanding. They will always invest and train candidates and employees to optimise skillsets and progression within the organisation.
I am keen to speak with experienced Buyers, Manufacturing Buyers, Direct and or Indirect Buyers, Purchasers who are seeking a new opportunity to be part of growing organisation.
Duties: The Manufacturing Buyer will support the Supply Chain Manager with the busy, buoyant manufacturing purchasing, as well as:
- Purchase mechanical components, systems and parts
- Negotiate costs and lead time reductions
- Track delivery time to ensure Production can run smoothly
- Maintain and develop relationships with suppliers
- Strategic buying activities
Skills & Experience: The Manufacturing Buyer will have:
- Experience working within the commercial Automotive sector
- Strong purchasing / buying experience within fabrications and manufacturing
- Understand and read engineering drawings
- Sage system knowledge
This role is commutable from:
Wolverhampton, Walsall, Birmingham, Worcester, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Stourbridge, Cannock, Staffordshire and surrounding areas.
Benefits: The successful Manufacturing Buyer will work Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
28days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
For an informal chat or to apply for this position or to discuss any further please contact Laura.
This business is a UK leading manufacturer in their field, who are continually progressing.
They are looking for an experienced Construction Manager, essentially, who has steel framed buildings / steel framing construction management experience.
Although there will be an element of site visits, this is not a Site Manager role.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Oversee selection of all subcontractors working on bases and foundations. Manage all subcontractors work schedules/costs and ensure that they have the necessary paperwork
- Control, supervise and manage the end-to-end process from bases through to erection
- Report back to the Drawing Team any errors identified on site visits, base installation or erection
- Track and control the construction schedules for bases and erections and associated costs to achieve completion of projects in the most cost-effective manner and order all concrete for bases team and all plant for erecting teams
- Conduct site visits to accurately measure and quote for customers
- Support the Sales Team with complex quotes using extensive knowledge and the Drawing Team with complex detailing using extensive knowledge
- Ensure all building are erected to the highest standard by carrying out regular reviews of erectors work and checking we deliver exceptional quality, ensuring all customer complaints are managed effectively and escalated internally where required
Essential Skills Required
- Minimum of ten years’ experience, which must include experience within steel framing / steel framed buildings
- Good oral and written communication skills and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage people, planning, prioritisation, organisation and administration
- Computer literate
- Problem solving and ability to manage conflict
- Self-motivated and driven
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Generous holiday allowance
- Casual dress code
- Very social office environment
- Located next to a Train Station – good bus connections also
Salary - £35,000 - £40,000 dependant on experience
Commutable From: Wrexham, Chester, Oswestry, Stafford, Northwich, Stoke on Trent, Market Drayton
This is an excellent opportunity, with a world leading business, for a proven Analysis Engineer, supporting on a battery pack project, for 20 weeks.
This applied science position conducts numerical computations via third party and in-house tools to determine structural performance of components and systems. Evaluates software and methods and provides improvement recommendations. The results from the computer models are used to determine the validity of the design to meet the customer requirements. Design recommendations are then provided as needed.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to present the analysis results to a wide audience
- Experienced in using multi-physics optimization tools
- Previous experience in thermal / mechanical analysis
- Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making.
- Preferred candidates would have a mix of experience using MS Office tools, Matlab, Python, APDLANSYS, FORTRAN or C programming, Windows/Linux operating systems, and desktop/remote high-performance computing hardware systems.
- Good background and understanding in engineering fundamentals (dynamics, mechanics and thermodynamics)
- Design experience, able to make adjustments to existing models and provide sound design direction to improve components/systems ability to meet requirements
- Able to break down mechanical and thermal requirements into analytical tasks and pass-fail criteria to assess designs
- Experienced in interpreting and correlating to empirical data (time-based accelerometer data, Frequency response plots, thermocouple data... etc.)
- Skilled in Ansys Workbench tools in both structural and thermal analysis essential (transient structural, Harmonic response, random vibration etc.)
- Skilled in Explicit Dynamics for crash and drop analysis (LS Dyna, Ansys Explicit Dynamics) and experienced in using multi-physics optimization tools
- Good reporting skills, able to portray analysis results to a wide range of audience and effectively providing guidance to key stakeholders. Experienced in scripting and automating repetitive tasks is a bonus
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Obtains input and negotiates with Design, Thermal Sciences, Materials and Product Validation and delivers key structural performance parameters like motion, load, natural frequencies, stress, design margin, life, sound power, etc. to Design and Product Validation.
- Makes decisions in the area of structural design (materials and their processing as well as geometry) that impact structural performance (motion, load, natural frequencies, stress, design margin, life, sound power, etc.) of components and systems Applies and improves computer modelling processes that estimate motion, load, natural frequencies, stress, design margin, life, sound power, etc. and tools such as ANSYS, FE-Safe, GT-Suite, and AVL Excite required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
- Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge. Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
- Coordinates and directs work amongst technicians and temporary student employees, assists in the transfer of knowledge to lesser experienced engineers through either indirect (scope of influence) or direct management of a small, local group of engineers.
- Provides support and guidance to influence technical direction within a project team and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role. Operates as a recognized specialist in a discipline or product area within the immediate team.
Hours and Pay
- £35.00 per hour - Ltd Company
- 40 hours per week
- Contract period – 20 weeks initially
Commutable From: Leighton Buzzard, Luton, Bedford, Northampton, Aylesbury, Hemel Hempstead
Due to growth, a reputable, Leicestershire based Manufacturer who supplies into Utilities, Medical & Automotive Industries, requires an experienced Toolmaker to join the team to help fulfil a continued and growing workbook. If you are an experienced Tool Maker who is looking to use their varied skillset please apply today.
Offering the successful Toolmaker:
- Early Friday Finish
- Parking on site
- Overtime opportunities
- A variety in projects
- A healthy, pleasant working environment
Skills required of the Toolmaker:
- Experienced toolmaker
- Ability to use CNC die Sink and CNC milling machine
- Capable of using wire EDM
- Ability to use hand and bench tools
- Ability to read Engineers drawings
- Quality Inspection skills (Vernier callipers, gauges, micrometers)
Roles and responsibilities of Toolmaker
- Setting and operating machinery
- Occasional use of manual machinery
- Assembling of tools
- QI of own works
Commutable from Leicester, Hinckley, Wigston, Lutterworth.
We are a well-respected employer who are seeking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join our established bespoke Day Shift maintenance team.
In return for your Maintenance Engineer skills and experience, we offer a starting salary in the region of £31K, plus company pension, excellent holiday entitlement and a Stable Working Environment as we are a Key Worker Specific Sector.
Duties of a Maintenance Engineer:
As a maintenance engineer, you will within a small but effective team and will be required to undertake both planned and reactive maintenance across our plant, which will require you to have experience of supporting plant and equipment .
Requirements of a Maintenance Engineer:
As a maintenance engineer you must hold formal mechanical qualifications (ideally with an electrical appreciation), with proven experience of supporting relevant plant and equipment within a manufacturing, process or production environment.
This is a great opportunity to move your career into a straight day working role, where you will be secure in the knowledge that you will be in a stable working environment and classified as a Key Worker .
This Role is Commutable From: Alvechurch, Bromsgrove, Lapworth, Redditch, Studley & Wythall
1999 - 2020 Celebrating 21 Years of Maintenance Engineer Recruitment Excellence
This is an opportunity for an experienced MIG + TIG Fabricator/Welder to join a growing organisation at an exciting period of change.
You will be welding and fabricating a range of aluminium fabrications at this successful manufacturer based in Droitwich.
This is a DAYS based role working Monday to Friday with a lunch time finish on Friday. There is also regular overtime available.
As part of a team you will be undertaking MIG + TIG fabrication and welding a range of aluminium fabrications, including plasma cutting, oxy acetaylene cutting, manual press brake operation, and using hand tools.
To be successful in this position you will need to be able to demonstrate experience of MIG + TIG Fabrication with Aluminium.
You will need to hold a relevant Welders certificate and have a minimum of 2 years industry experience.
You will also be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and have the ability to work in a team.
In return for your skills, this MIG +TIG Fabricator/Welder position offers a salary from £11 - £12 per hour depending on skills and experience.
This is an opportunity to join this successful organisation at a time of growth and exciting period of change.