LOGISTICS BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER
A PRESTIGIOUS manufacturing organisation have a requirement for a LOGISTICS BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER.
IT'S AN EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITY, and you will be given the ultimate responsibility for organising and ordering the distribution of goods.
This is a large, International business, with new orders on the horizon, offering stability and long-term prospects.
Benefits for a Logistics Business Unit Manager:
- Salary : £50,000 - £55,000
- Income Protection
- Large Friendly International Business
- Christmas Present
Duties of a Logistics Business Unit Manager:
- Transportation, scheduling, stock integrity and part evolution
- Ensure continuous flow of vehicle components from supplier to warehouse and ultimately to customer
- Selection of service providers for transport and export
- Maximise container utilisation
- Set up and maintain schedules for new materials
- Responsibility and control of the warehouse
- Management of special transport
- Stock accuracy
- Responsibility for managing customs clearance
- Ensure materials arrive on time
- Review corrective actions for material variances
Requirements of a Logistics Business Unit Manager:
- HND or equivalent professional qualification in logistics or purchasing
- Experience of Materials management
- Exposure to managing warehousing and distribution
- You will have gained your experience from within a high volume, fast paced production environment
- Knowledge of SAP would be ideal
- Transportation management
- Supply Chain
- Risk management
- Strategy deployment and application
- Superb leadership and man-management skills
With lots of new business on the horizon, this ensures this role offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced Logistics Manager, to continue to develop and grow, within an International organisation.
Send your CV ASAP.