A chemical specialists in the Walsall area are currently seeking a Technical Process Engineer to join their research and testing team.
The company support a range of industry sectors with specialist finishing and coatings and each of their projects are required to go through rigours testing and proving procedures.
Based within the research team and reporting to the Technical Manager, the role will carry out a range of functions that will offer a successful candidate a mixture of a variety of projects and new professional challenges on a regular basis.
- 8am-5pm Mon-Thursday, Friday 8am-4pm
- 30 Days Holidays Including Bank Holidays
The primary tasks and responsibilities of a Technical Process Engineer (Chemical)
- Analysis of all processes in line with schedules or as workload dictates
- Monitor & Maintain effluent plant Inc. Chemical Waste Management
- Add or advise on chemicals to be added to production line baths
- Assist to maintain logs for chemical additions and inventory
- Ensure all Product testing & Development Matrixes are completed as required
- Product development Inc. the preparation & testing of paint test panels, Sample parts & testing as required
- Mixing of Paint for Production Processes
- Maintaining the Laboratory Procedures & Records Inc. Salt spray equipment and testing, issuing of test reports.
- Maintaining Legionella control by testing & chemical treatment as required
- Maintain electronic laboratory record system.
- Oven control Monitoring and oven mapping when required.
- Assisting in the monitoring of ISO 14001
- Champion the internal day to day management of samples through development/production to achieve customers or internal deadlines
The following job functions are not all-inclusive and Job duties may change as required by needs of the company. The employee will also be trained and prepared to deputise in the absence of the Technical Manager.
Experience and Qualifications for Technical Process Engineer
- The Technical Process Engineer position requires a good standard of education (Degree / HND / HNC) in a technical subject.
- Chemistry or chemical qualifications would be a distinct advantage
- A minimum of twelve months Metal finishing experience.
- A Technical / Process Engineering qualification would be a distinct advantage.
- Basic computer skills are required (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Current & Valid Driving Licence
Please note that this role is a full hands-on Lab and Process Testing position, where operating in physical testing environments and the use of chemicals will be a daily part of the position
The position will offer a successful applicant job variety and training with the responsibility to deputise for the department manager.
Commutable from: Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Lichfield, Dudley West Bromwich, Telford
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
Probe Recruitment is looking to appoint Trainee Recruitment Consultants to join our growing and successful team.
Ideally you will be driven, a quick learner, hardworking and resilient, as these traits will enable a Trainee Recruitment Consultant to quickly build a successful patch and grow their earnings.
Some of the features that a Trainee Recruitment Consultant can expect from working for Probe include:
- An Outstanding Commission Scheme – You could earn up to 30% on the fees that you generate, and you can earn commission on 100% of your billings.
- Highly Competitive Basic Salaries – Commensurate with experience.
- A Structured Career Development Pathway – To Team Manager or Principal level.
- A Highly Knowledgeable Team - You will work with some highly experienced and successful Consultants, some of whom have worked here for over 21 years.
- Reduce Your Daily Commute - If you live in North Birmingham, you could cut the time and cost of going into the city each day.
- Free Car Parking Provided
- Pension & Healthcare Provided – After a short qualifying period.
- An Excellent Working Environment – This is a very friendly office culture, and we adopt a mature approach to KPI management.
- Incentives - We run a regular individual and team-based incentives, where you can win prizes and Michelin Star meals. We also value and reward longevity with long service awards.
If you are a driven individual, ideally with some sales experience, and would like to be become a Trainee Recruitment Consultant, I’d be very keen to discuss this opportunity with you in greater detail.
You can initiate that conversation by applying via this advertisement, or you can call or contact me directly – firstname.lastname@example.org / 0121 321 4311.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Technical Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
Project Engineer - Chemical Plant Process Equipment
We have an opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer with equipment and machinery installation and site plant layout design exposure, to join a Midlands based Project Management Office.
Project Engineer Salary & Package:
- £35,000 - £50,000 D.O.E
- 33 Days Holidays (Inc Bank Holidays)
- 37 Hour Week (1pm Finish Fridays)
- Company Expenses
- Company Laptop
- Company Mobile
- Career Development Scheme
- Complete Project Ownership
The company supply machinery and complete turnkey Plant System Designs for customers all over the world and have a proud history for creating and installing working solutions for their customers within quick and cost effective timelines.
Based in the Midlands office the role will work with internal and external partners to create layout plans and drawings and facilitate the collective delivery of machinery and ancillary equipment to customers sites within agreed timelines.
The company as a global group are seeing some fantastic growth in customers’ demands for new machinery and the need to for a complete turnkey system design and installation service.
The position will require experience of working in either a Chemical / Pharmaceutical or Food Process environment and have a strong knowledge of ancillary support equipment and processes.
2D & 3D CAD Design to create P&ID’s and 3D Visualisations will play a big part of role, along with working out complex engineering solutions to ensure, Pump, Hydraulics, Waste Management, Platform and Dust and Fume Extractions Systems can be built to the bespoke needs of each individual project,
A good working knowledge of HAZOP’s, ATEX and H&S procedures and ratings within a Chemical Process Production environment is essential, along with the latest safety standards relating to working on-site and in hazardous environments.
The right candidate for the role of Project Engineer will have the following:
- A formal engineering qualification in either Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (HND /Degree)
- Strong 2D & 3D Cad skills (AutoCAD / Inventor or similar)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of machinery and equipment site installation
- A minimum of 1 years recent experience of working in a Chemical Process Production environment
- A good understanding of ATEX and HAZAOP’s Ratings and Standards
- Excellence Communication Skills
- Willingness to travel internationally (6 – 10 times a years)
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Strong IT Skills
- Good Presentation and Report Writing Skills
This is a great opportunity for a Project Engineer who may have already gained 3 years experience in industry and is now seeking a step up, or a more experienced individual who is seeking more work variety, job security and a new challenge.
This Project Engineer role is Commutable from: Tamworth, Birmingham, Lichfield, Derby, Leicester, Cannock, Coventry, Stafford.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
We have an opportunity for a Production Planner to join a manufacturing consumer goods company in the Shropshire area that is seeing a high-level of growth in 2021.
The role of Production Planner will work within the Production Control Department and will be responsible for planning resources for the assembly line and supply chain analysis.
The position will also provide an effective supervisory role for the Data and Production Control entry clerks and will collate the schedule of meeting reports.
Production Planner Benefits:
- Salary £25,000 - £27,200
- 31 Days Holiday Inc Bank Holidays
- Work in a Covid-safe adapted working environment
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Cover
- Pay Care Health Cash Plan
- Free Car Parking and Safe Bike Store
- Subsidised Restaurant
- Training and career development opportunities for all staff
- Access to onsite Medical Advice
- Product staff discount
- Perks At Work staff discount membership
- Staff bonus scheme related to performance
- Full training is provided and further career development.
- 39 hrs a week (Mon-Thur 8am to 5.15pm and Fridays 8am to 12 noon)
Main Duties of a Production Planner:
- Coordinating the preparation of Operating Planning.
- Advising on schedule trends and proposing changes as necessary to meet both their customer requirements and the company’s objectives with regard to efficiency.
- Coordination of the daily schedules for the Assembly area, advising any deviation from the schedule and proposed recovery plans.
- Coordinate the daily work of the Production Planning department in-line with the company objectives.
- Control and Planning of promotion activities, ensuring the Quality, Cost and Delivery requirements are met.
- Issue of monthly reports to the Departmental Manager detailing achievement against schedule and results of monthly activities.
- Ensure that all areas have up to date Procedures and Training Manuals and that staff have received on the job training.
- Assist in the running out of components effected by an ECN.
- Promote the culture of Continuous and Improvement and 5’s throughout the department.
- Produce accurate, quality results first time with the minimum of supervision.
- Ensure the section is kept tidy and promote 5S/5W activities.
- Compliance with all SOX, ISO9001 & ISO14001 procedures and regulations.
Production Planner Requirements:
- Qualified to ‘A level’ or equivalent standard
- A good understanding of MRP Systems
- Computer Literate (Excel)
- Experience in working in a Production Planning Department.
- Experience of working in a high-volume manufacturing company.
This is a great opportunity to join a modern fast pace organisation where staff training and career development are on offer for all employees.
This Production Planner's role is Commutable from: Telford, Wolverhampton, Stourbridge, Shrewsbury, Stafford, Newtown
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
Working with the relevant design, manufacturing and purchasing teams and reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for providing full cost analysis of each new and existing machine. You will also be required to identify and execute significant cost down opportunities in fabricated assemblies, bought-in components and machine build efficiencies.
Value Engineer Hours and Salary
- Salary - £35,000
- 37.5 hours, Monday - Friday
Value Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Full cost analysis of existing products including standard Bills of Material, standard and non-standard options
- Support new product development with costing analysis. Cost analysis / target pricing on all new and modified products
- Provide forecasted costs for all machines using established costing templates. Creation of standard component engineering / cost libraries
- Analyse and compare welding fabrications with regard to new designs. Review all sub-assemblies in terms of materials and labour costs
- Work with the manufacturing and finance teams to identify sectional BoMs. Will be a key driver in cost down projects in the department.
- Support Product Managers in generating pricing, Price Book updates as needed, support the engineering team as requested by the engineering manager
- Analysis of Purchase Price Variance and maintain cost trackers. Identify opportunities for value engineering or process efficiencies within existing as well as new product
Value Engineer Person Specification
- Engineering degree or evidence of equivalent (ideally)
- Proven experience of machine cost analysis, and proven ability to manipulate data and generate cost models
- Experience of heavy equipment would be a distinct advantage
- Strong computer skills especially MS excel. Strong planning and execution skills
- The ability to prioritise work and thrive in a fast-moving business to meet tight deadlines
- Good English communication skills, both written and spoken, good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges & cultures
This Value Engineer is commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Burton upon Trent, Coventry, Tamworth
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
Product Support & Test Technician – Electronics
Based within a small engineering business that is part of a larger European Group, the role will be part of the Test and Development Team that is primary responsible for the development of electronic component parts of the organisation’s product range.
The company has a proud history for always being an innovative leader and for being in recent times, the first to introduce specialist technology to market.
The Product Support Technician will form a key role in this business and an important part of product development process.
Product Support & Test Technician Benefits:
- £25,000 - £35,000
- Pension – Contributions
- 33 Days Holidays
- Career Development
The primary duties of the Product Support & Test Technician will be:
- To maintain technical data systems relating to product design and manufacture.
- To define and introduce new products.
- To provide technical support to other departments within the company.
- To maintain company product and materials specification systems.
- To maintain product data via ERP item master, bill of material and routing files.
- To maintain libraries of technical data relating to products, materials and components.
- To maintain technical equipment and perform product testing.
- Organise manufacture of new product samples.
The Primary Requirements for the Product Support Technician:
- A formal qualification in engineering ONC (NVQ level 3) or above (including basic electronics knowledge).
- Be Self-motivation and have good attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels (both internally and externally)
- Good PC skills, particularly MS Word and MS Excel.
- Experience of basic electronics hand-assembly.
This Product Support & Test Technician role is commutable from: Stowmarket, Thetford, Bury St Edmunds, Braintree, Newmarket
Design Engineer – Mechanical / Hydraulics
This business has over 50 years of heritage, specialising in design, manufacturing, and installation of bespoke steel fabrication projects.
Supporting clients, across the world, in many different industries, their in-house design capabilities cover all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and software disciplines.
The Design Engineer Role
Client is looking for an engineer with an innovative mechanical background, a passion for engineering excellence and proven experience to draw on. This is a varied job with varying degrees of responsibility, differing types of tasks ranging from initial design to machine commissioning, perhaps project management or customer visits but with practical design remaining central to the job.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in structural steel fabrication design
- Effective in carrying out detailed structural strength calculations for both structural and mechanical components
- Display a high degree of computing literacy on engineering design packages
- Hydraulic exposure would be useful
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly Organised
Software – AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault, ANSYS, MS Office
Design Engineer Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Generation of documentation within the production design office including, but not limited to, drawings, parts lists, Drawing Office Purchase Requisitions’ and Drawing Office Issue Note’s to ensure project deadlines set both internally and externally are met. Management of Bills of Material and detail manufacturing drawing.
- Produce conceptual designs from functional specifications. Layout design of mechanical/hydraulic machinery.
- To work in multi-discipline project teams on specific aspects of the machine design. Undertake component stress calculations and compile documented calculation packages for third party verification in order to comply to varying international codes and standards.
- Produce equipment test specifications for use in house. Liaison with other Design Engineers to ensure design specifications are met.
- Bid support, travel for technical input, customer liaison, input to sales proposals. Attendance at technical meetings (UK and Overseas)
Design Engineer Salary and Hours
- £30,000 - £40,000, dependant on experience
- 37 hours per week, 08:00am - 17:00pm Monday to Thursday and 08:00am – 12:00pm Friday. (flexibility, due to workloads would be required)
This Design Engineer role is commutable From: Shrewsbury, Stoke on Trent, Stafford, Wolverhampton, Walsall
As a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will be joining a leading Heavy industry company in Willenhall working DAYS 8am – 4pm Monday – Friday to undertake breakdown and preventative Electrical and Mechanical maintenance on plant machinery and equipment.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer Role Benefits:
- £30,000 - £34,000 salary, depending on skills, qualifications, and experience.
- Working hours will be DAYS 8am – 5pm or 7am – 3pm Monday to Friday
- Company pension
- Weekend overtime is available.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer Role Description
- In this role of you will be carrying out reactive and preventative Electrical and Mechanical maintenance on plant and equipment in a Heavy Engineering environment.
- You will also be involved in continuous improvements and PPMs.
- You will be joining an existing and welcoming Engineering team.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer Skills and Qualifications
- Successful candidates will hold an Electrical Engineering qualification such as NVQ3 or City & Guilds. You will also hold 18th or 17th Edition wiring regulations.
- This position requires you to have Electrical fault finding abilities in a Heavy Engineering environment, and you will also ideally have mechanical abilities including experience with hydraulics and pneumatics.
- I would be keen to talk with Engineers who hold previous experience within Maintenance Engineering team who are multiskilled with an Electrical bias.
The Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer position is commutable from Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley, West Bromwich and surrounding areas.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Maintenance, Reliability & Service Recruitment Support since 1994
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Sales Engineer to join a growing company who specialise in modular buildings. The company, who are based in Walsall, are well known for their high-end modular buildings which they design and build for customers across the world. The company are also coming off the back of an exceptionally busy 2020 and, as a result, this is a brand new role to keep up with their growing list of customer enquiries.
The buildings have a range of applications from homes to bars, plant rooms to laboratories, and everything in between!
The Technical Sales Engineer will be tasked with dealing with customer enquires and ensuring that the right solution is being offered for each specific application and enquiry.
This role will suit either a recent Engineering graduate with a desire to enter the world of technical sales or an experienced technical salesperson with an engineering qualification.
SALES ENGINEER BENEFITS:
The Technical Sales Engineer has the following package:
- £25,000 - £30,000 salary (dependant on experience)
- 23 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- On the job training by industry experts
- Quarterly bonus scheme
SALES ENGINEER DUTIES:
The Technical Sales Engineer will be responsible for:
- Responding to customer enquires re modular buildings
- Advising customers on best solution for their needs, including on any additional structural/electrical/environmental considerations/add-ons that may be required
- Estimating and quoting
- Project management of construction and installation phase (occasional)
SALES ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following attributes/experience:
- A qualification in an electrical or engineering discipline
- Commercial acumen and an outgoing, proactive personality
- Experience within, or selling to, the construction industry
- Modular buildings experience
This Sales Engineer role is primarily office based and is within commutable distance from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Sutton Coldfield, Cannock, Lichfield, Tamworth, Coleshill, Wednesbury, West Bromwich
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Sales Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994