You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
SALES / APPLICATION ENGINEER (PROCESS EQUIPMENT)
Sales / Application Engineer (Process Equipment)
We are working with a fast-expanding European organisation that provides modern process equipment and machinery to a number of industry sectors. The company are looking at expanding their Customer Technical Support Team with an Application Engineer who can work with and support existing and future customers with the integration of machinery and equipment into their sites with minimal disruption.
The company has a long proud history of offering a complete Turn-Key programme solution to their customers needs and this will often require creating site plans and P&ID Drawings to ensure the delivery, commissioning and installation of machines can be achieved within cost and time limits.
The position will work directly with the Sales and Project Teams after post initial Sales Introduction and Enquiries. This will be in the way of technical support, project management of the project, preparing quotes and tenders, creating basic drawings and plans that can be interpreted into designs and action plans by third parties and suppliers.
The role will require an individual who will work as part of the UK Sales Team, primarily carrying out the duties as listed below. The person will need to be capable of operating as an individual, taking responsibility for the correct execution of duties in a timely manner, managing their work schedule, and prioritising the work to meet the dynamic nature of the business needs. Team skills are also vital, with transparency and exceptional interdepartmental communication skills.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate an experienced background in capital equipment sales, with an excellent knowledge of processes and applications in the field of food, confectionery cosmetics, and/or personal care industries.
The role will best suit proactive individuals who are keen to develop a market presence for a leading machinery supplier into a new sector with proven growth potential.
- Work with Business Field Managers to develop and maintain a business development strategy for applications in the UK / ROI.
- Arrange and attend visits to potential customers.
- Determine the best solution from the company’s product portfolio to solve the customer’s process requirements.
- Prepare technical specifications and quotations with application experts for process solutions.
- Present and explain the developed solutions to customer engineers, and management.
- Work alongside the Projects team to provide turnkey solutions for customers.
- Focus on the customer journey.
- Arrange and attend customer tests at the group companies Labs.
- Attend workshops and exhibitions.
- Visit other divisions overseas as required.
- Maintain relationships with existing customer base.
- Update sales team on news and developments from the assigned Business Fields.
- Assist with Marketing strategies and campaigns as required.
- Work alongside the Internal Sales Team to secure new business and develop progressive sales objectives.
- Good command of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent communication, written, spoken in person and telephone.
- Background in process engineering / equipment for food and or personal care industries.
The role will require frequent travel to customer sites, so a flexible approach is essential.