You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
PILING DESIGN & ESTIMATING ENGINEER (Work From Home Role)
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Piling Design & Estimating Engineer with a leading UK business. The business has multiple sites, a 76 million turnover with aspirations of pushing on further. This is a permanent full-time work from home role, with a couple of visits to the South East office per month, so the incumbent can be based any where within reason.
Piling Design Engieer Benefits:
- Full time homeworking
- £50,000 salary plus car allowance or company vehicle
- 33 days holiday
- Share scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- 6% employer pension
- Life cover
This senior Piling Design role is pivotal in the development of the South East Regional Office within the piling discipline. Substantial experience will be gained in CFA, CHD, Tubular Steel and Precast driven piles for a market leading specialist renowned for innovation and development.
- Reporting to the Area Manager, you will cover all aspects of the regional piling work winning activities with a certain level of autonomy (depending on experience), in respect of pile design and technical sales including CFA, CHD, Tubular Steel and Precast Driven. Some overlap may occur with the Mini piling team in respect of technical support and sales, and liaison with other regions will be required in terms of sales intelligence, pricing levels and R and D.
- This role offers much diversity in terms of work activities from design, through estimating, technical sales and then follow up, in a demanding yet extremely challenging environment working for a highly regarded specialist.
- Piling Design will include bearing piles, tension piles laterally loaded piles and retaining walls. Design includes both tender and contract design and site redesign as required.
- The individual will manage all incoming piling enquiries, including assessment of opportunities and allocation of tenders/designs and includes estimating, tendering and client interaction / negotiation to the point where orders are secured, and provide ongoing support throughout the life of a project if required.
- There will be some work providing support dealing with site issues as and when these arise. This includes contract redesigns, rectification of design issues and liaising with external approving authorities and Engineers if required.
- Reporting to the Area Manager the role should provide effective control of the Technical and Estimating element of the discipline ensuring compliance with the company management system and business strategy.
Piling Design Engieer Person Specification:
- You will preferably be a Chartered Civil Engineer
- Client is looking for proven Piling Design experience, CFA and retaining walls
- You will be a solid, well experienced Piling Design Engineer. If required, the estimating side can be taught
- Flexibility, attending the South East office a couple of times per month
Probe Technical Recruitment, a Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Specialists since 1994