You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER - INJECTION MOULDING PRODUCTS
This is an excellent and varied opportunity with an internationally recognised brand, which are part of a group that turns over in excess of 850 million Euro’s per year.
Besides being a key part of the design team, the incumbent will be involved in the whole process, from concept to production, and bringing of products to market through development, including tool design and testing.
Client operates from a fully automated and modern facility, with all manufacturing being done in-house.
There is also a clear and defined progression plan, with real opportunities to develop further.
- £28,000 - £33,000
- 8:30am - 16:45pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am - 15:45pm Friday
- 45 minute lunch break
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Company Bonus
- Group Personal Pension scheme - employer 3% contribution
- Free Life Insurance - 4 times annual salary
- Company sick pay (up to 26 weeks dependent on service)
- Subsidised canteen & vending
- Free Car-parking
- Health plan
- Respond to commercial briefs for product specifications
- Developing innovative ideas for new products
- Developing drawings to obtain design approval
- Designing new products on 3D CAD
- Prototyping new products as required
- Testing new products and using analysis to review / improve product design
- Testing and evaluating competitors’ products
- Ensure all processes are adhered to and documentation completed
- Degree - Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Engineering
- Product Design experience
- Experience of designing with Plastics
- 2+ years’ experience
- Background experience of 3D CAD is essential
- Designing components for plastic injection moulding domestic components is essential
- Commissioning injection mould tools is preferred but not essential
- Siemens NX experience would be advantageous
- Experience liaising with tooling and manufacturing engineers is preferred but not essential
Commutable from Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Walsall, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill