You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
DESIGN TECHNICAL LEAD
Design Technical Lead
A South Midlands based engineering organisation is currently seeking a Design Technical Lead to manage, mentor and develop their small but established design team, whilst also supporting the creation of new innovative products to meet their customers demands.
The company has a proud history of creating tailored and bespoke manufactured solutions that are often low to medium volume in either plastic or die casted formats.
Manage and coach the design department to implement new products on time, to the required quality standards.
Support the Production, Quality, Sales & Marketing departments.
Main Duties and Tasks:
- Create innovative new product designs
- Manage the design department to create new products to schedule.
- Coach the designers to ensure that they are working to best practice.
- Create a team environment.
- Support the production department to ensure that parts go together smoothly and efficiently.
- Support the quality department with product improvements.
- Work closely with the Sales team to support them with any technical requirements.
- Support Sales & Marketing with any customer requests
- Educated to at least HNC in an engineering subject.
- Must have experience of 3D CAD. Solidworks would be beneficial.
- Ability to work on your own and lead a multi functioning team
- Ability to work to agreed timescales. Achieve deadlines
- Have knowledge and understanding of die cast, moulded, pressed and machined parts.
- Good understanding of FMEA
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Microsoft Office (Good working knowledge of Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a small company environment but with large company professionalism.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a managerial role within a design department
- Must be from a Mechanical Design background and understand mechanisms.
- Self-motivated, energetic and able to drive projects
- Ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels
- Team player and able to work on own initiative
- Professional and positive outlook to all tasks and requests
The ideal candidate will be someone who has either been employed as a Senior Design Engineer or Design Manager.
For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP.