You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
APPLICATION SUPPORT ENGINEER - Electronics
We currently have a great opportunity for a suitable engineer to join a design and manufacturer of control systems. The organisation considers themselves to be agile and highly innovative, embracing their technology to introduce custom solutions for their blue-chip customer base. As a company they have a strong family culture which provides a positive working environment where employees feel valued and trusted. They are a global company with offices in the UK, Europe, USA, Australia and China.
Due to the organisation doubling in size over the last five years and growing its presence in their international markets and across key applications in a myriad of industries. A new position for an Application Support Engineer has been created.
As part of the UK Safety Application Support team you will become the first point of call for technical queries pre and post-sale. Your personable, action orientated style, will deliver fast resolution to customer queries through your own technical skills and pulling on internal knowledge. This is a role aimed at individuals with relevant engineering skills and with some appropriate industry experience, however recently qualified engineers with 12 months+ experience will be considered. You will receive training and mentorship as you learn about all areas of the business through your role.
Application Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Respond to technical enquiries through internal platforms to deliver excellent service to customers, providing both pre and post technical sales support.
- Contribute to technical investigations as they support their customers, working closely with Engineering Design, Customer Solutions and Sales.
- Develop key knowledge on organisations product range, with understanding of key applications.
- Contribute to and create new ways to keep customers informed on products as they develop new materials, training and services.
- Contribute to a culture of process improvement within the Safety Application Support team.
- Relevant engineering qualification at higher education level (HND / Degree) in Electronic Engineering.
- Relevant industry experience preferred – 12 months+
- Approachable and personable style with good presentation and communication skills
- A strong culture fit – with a bias for action, accountability and teamwork
- Willingness to travel (International)
The Application Support Engineer will be involved in all areas of customer liaison, whilst working closely with other internal departments, giving a successful applicant the opportunity to develop a career that offers variety and fast track career progression.
Applicants with 12 months+ working experience post-Graduation in Electronics or Mechatronics would be suitable to apply for this role.
The company offers excellent benefits and bonuses, based of both individual and company performance and a strong track record of developing individuals with career progression opportunities.
- £25,000 - £34,000
- 25 Days Hols + Bank Holidays
- Early Finish on Fridays
Commutable from – Birmingham, Dudley, Wolverhampton, Telford, Lichfield, Stafford, West Bromwich
Probe Technical Recruitment, Manufacturing & Production Recruitment Specialists since 1994