You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
HEAD OF MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS
An innovation led Smart Electronic Device SME in the Central Midlands is currently seeking a Head of Operations to oversee their Manufacturing, Planning and Assembly operations within their Midlands site.
The company leads and supports a global group of sister companies and satellite offices across Asia, the Americas and Europe with the bespoke design and development of a range of products for new emerging markets and continuously improved products for their existing more local customer base.
The company’s own success over the last 10 years has been down to its commitment and investment into innovative research and development of new technologies, especially around integrating Electronics and Software applications into their product range. This has in-turn ensured their own status as market leaders in their field is now well established and globally recognised.
- Salary £45,000 - £60,000
- 25 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
- 37.5 Hour Week
- Friday 1.15pm Finish
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Plus, other additional benefits
The Head of Operations has the main duty to operate and supervise the Midlands facility manufacturing operation, with the main primary aim to oversee the manufacturing process and to make sure that it is running successfully.
This will require a strong relevant background in the manufacture and assembly of multi variant electronic / mechatronic devices (c500+ Units per week) ensuring quality, build and safety compliance standards are adhered to, with minimal risk of final inspection or customer rejection / issues.
Duties and Responsibilities of Head of Operations:
- Improve the methodologies within the quality and the process of manufacturing.
- Direct the development, planning and execution of manufacturing methods properly.
- Maintain the efficiency, quality and safety of the manufacturing process.
- Develop policies and regulations and implement policies and regulations related to the manufacturing process and planned strategies as well.
- Ensure that the highest quality products, materials and equipment are being used for carrying out the manufacturing process.
- Oversee the budget and maintaining the manufacturing budget properly.
- Hold a major responsibility to save the company going into a debt due to expensive manufacturing endeavours.
- Delegate and support Department Team Leaders & Managers.
Essential Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- 5 Years minimum experience of Manufacturing Management within an Electronics, Electro-Mechanical or Mechatronic environment
- HND / Degree Qualified in Manufacturing, Manufacturing Management, Mechanical or Electronic Engineering
- Management of the delivery from R&D to Assembly of fast lead time multi variant products
- Exposure of planning and delivering products 300+ Units per week against tough quality, build and reliability standards.
- Good Commercial Awareness and Accountability for Costs.
- Strong experience of working in partnership with internal R&D, Projects & Sales departments and teams.
- Team leadership skills, with a proven background in managing Supply Chain, Planning, NPI, Assembly, Procurement and Quality departments or individuals.
Applicants for the Head of Operations role should have recent experience of working within one of the following industry sectors: - Electronic Device, Automotive Electronics, Robotics, Electronic Consumer Goods, Domestic Appliance, Telecommunication Device, Medical & Scientific Technology or Measurement and Instrumentation equipment or similar.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the fastest growing SMEs in the Midlands and be part of a dynamic fast paced working environment. The position would be a great match for an eager and hungry individual who has since their Graduation or Qualification has quickly developed their career into management, due to recognition, self-motivation and ability, especially in the areas of Smart Tech Manufacturing.
Please note that this role will require international travel, the pressure of working to short lead times whilst complying to commercial cost and profit factors and operating in a fast-growing turnover organisation, where acceptance to change and continuously improving methods to keep up with NPD is an essential part of the role.
All applicants should be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Commutable from – Birmingham, Worcester, Coventry, Lichfield, Wolverhampton, Cannock
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994