You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
PROJECT SYSTEM DESIGN ENGINEER (CHEMICAL)
Project System Design Engineer (Chemical)
A new opportunity has arisen to work for a global recognised producer of bespoke machinery and equipment, who also offer a full turn-key project management solution that fully installs and commissions their products as well.
The organisation has many project and manufacturing locations around the world and are now seeking a Project Engineer (UK) to support the system design, installation and commissioning of process and material handling facilities into their European customer base.
As an organisation they produce high tech equipment that manufacturers of Food and Pharmaceutical products will use to produce high volumes of units in a safe and effective manner.
- £33,000 - £37,000
- 37.5 Hour Weeks
- 1pm Finish Fridays
Project Systems Design Engineer Duties
- The purpose of the role is to support the customer and the European Manufacturing Centre with project management activities related to the safe and quick installation of equipment into brown and green field site locations around the world.
- Some projects will be multimillion pound programmes that may take over 18 months to complete, and some are smaller projects that may only take a few months to sign-off.
- As a Project Design Engineer, you will be the main point of contact with all relevant parties and have responsibility for creating and working to a tight project plan and P&ID drawings, ensuring that all parties and equipment are in the right place at the right time.
- Problem solving and communication skills will play a major part of this position and will often require international travel at short notice for an average of 7 – 10 days to deal with urgent issues.
- Liaison with specialist and industry field experts will also be a big part of this position.
- Project planning and communicating changes and compromises to relevant parties through data and new drawings are essential for this new role, along with understanding the limits of the products and internal manufacturing capabilities.
Project Systems Design Engineer Requirements
- A formal Degree or similar qualification in Chemical Engineering
- 2 Years post study experience within a Chemical Process / System Design environment
- Good ability to use CAD Software 2D / 3D
- Good exposure to ATEX, HAZOPS and H&S regulations and requirements
- Some proven exposure of creating P&ID (PID) Drawings
- Some Project Engineering experience
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced working environment, where projects will take you all over the world and deal with challenging technical, process and safety issues on a weekly basis.
Commutable from Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry, Lichfield, Burton Upon Trent, Derby, Swadlincote, Coalville
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994