You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Head of HR /HR Manager
Head of HR
We have a fantastic opportunity to join an established but still extremely fast-growing and expanding SME organisation in the North Birmingham area, who has seen their growth trajectory over the last 7 years grow from £5 million to over £40 million, with a realistic forecast to break the £100 Million mark within the next 4 – 5 years.
As an orgainsation they recognize the importance of people and that their staff are their true asset to ensure they meet their growth ambitions and targets as they continue to expand on the global stage.
Leadership and experience will play an important part of the organisations next growth phase and this new position has been created for an experienced HR Lead to assist the Senior Directors of the business.
Head of HR Package
- Excellent Pension
- Health plan
- Excellent Bonus
- Good Company Car Allowance
- 33 Days Holidays (Inc Bank Hols)
- Company Shares Scheme
- Early Finish Fridays
Head of HR Responsibilities
- Represent the talent management and HR function of the business with professionalism – supporting the board of Directors and workforce with confidence and skill.
- Translate key data into an effective and commercially focused HR and people strategy, working with senior management and influencing them on the best course of action.
- Provide company-wide information by interpreting people data and analysing figures on staff turnover, demographics, productivity etc.
- Lead employee engagement activity, support annual survey roll out and own the actions to follow up on initiatives to make improvements to communications and the culture
- Give counsel and oversee complex employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases and manage difficult cases with professionalism.
- Devise recruitment strategy and oversee its implementation across the business globally. Involvement in the interview process as needed.
- Co-ordinate remuneration policies and advise senior management on staff salaries with reference to external benchmarks.
- Update and review HR policies, procedures and guidelines and enforce organisation values.
- Champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and employee development making recommendations for improvements.
- Control the HR budget and report on current and future staffing costs and initiatives.
- Provide leadership and drive to engage our team in activity to support our local community – including charity work, fundraising and supporting local schools with initiatives such as STEM
HR Manager Requirements
- Minimum Degree educated (or equivalent) and recognised CIPD level 7 qualifications with 5+ years in a leadership role
- Experience of working in a small business which is growing rapidly – with a strong focus on a passion for recruiting talent and supporting people development
- Demonstrated “global mindset” with the ability to think across disciplines, industries, cultures and scenarios. Strong advocate for the benefits of diversity and inclusion
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, ideally with experience in training
- Demonstrate energy and excitement about the opportunity to support our local communities
- Committed to working harmoniously with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- A willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals
- A strong culture fit – with a bias for action, accountability and teamwork.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced HR leader to join a modern and innovative working environment where continued career growth up to Director level is very realistic, along with the offering of moving within a global group of companies.
Commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Stafford. Lichfield, Dudley, Worcester, Redditch, Telford, Stourbridge