You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Product Engineer – Contract (Product Design, Engineering and Development).
Responsible for the Product Definition, Validation and Execution.
Primarily responsible to the Project Team to assure total support and management of the program within the functional area of Product Engineering.
Secondarily responsibility to the functional (Product Engineering) department to observe all policies and procedures for that functional area to participate in the continuous improvement of systems and processes.
We are seeking two Product Engineers to join a large automotive tier supplier that are focused on the delivery of cockpit systems for some of the biggest car manufacturers in the UK.
The main duties of the roles will be:
- Coordinates and follows product engineering responsibilities from design concept, through Prototype build, pilot, production, and life of the program.
- Provide feasibility input to support Studio Design & Package Requirements.
- Champion, support and participate in Design and Engineering Reviews.
- Create and maintain a Master Section Package for the Commodity.
- Work with advance engineering, styling and the company’s technical centre on development of the Concept and feasibility of components and vehicle level integration.
- Work with and direct the CAD team to ensure all engineering parameters and customer requirements are being fulfilled on a timely basis.
- Update Product Definition whenever project definition changes.
- Develop the DFMEA, DFM and other engineering disciplines if specified by the customer.
- Develop DVP&R, obtaining customer approval, and initiating all laboratory and virtual tests.
- Administer and over check Simulated product tests (CAE) and later physical tests in compliance with the DVP&R and assess the product design in line with internal and customer requirements reporting all findings internally and to the customer.
- Ensure that the product design complies with all product requirements and any international Legal standards when applicable.
- Ensure that the product meets all engineering objectives and targets for weight, acoustics, water sealing, cost, service etc.
- Works with build coordination and technology group (process) engineer to direct design verification build and prototype build and record all design problems.
- Assigns all design problems to proper engineering discipline for countermeasure.
- Responsible for Design Verification and Product Validation of the project, through liaison with the test lab and quality departments.
- Interfaces with the customer to ensure all engineering needs and requirements are being met.
- Coordinates engineering changes through the customers and internal systems during the Development Phase.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Works with the Project Manager and other engineers to establish priorities and assign tasks to complete the project according to the defined schedule.
- Support launch at the customer assembly plants.
The right applicants will have the following experience:
- Degree Qualified in and Engineering, Product or Industrial Design field.
- Specific Engineering applications and 5 years in Automotive Engineering preferred
- At least 3 years of Automotive Interior Engineering / Plastics experience.
- Knowledge of Plastic injection moulding, post processes and assembly of complex components.
- Detailed and diligent mind-set capable of working under their own initiative and driving excellence in others.
- Experience working with UK OEM’s as a Tier 1 supplier in an engineering function.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively conduct group presentations,
- Dedication to continuous learning is critical for this position.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP.