You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
FIRMWARE ENGINEER - INNOVATIVE NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Firmware Engineer (New Product Development)
A fast paced and innovation driven R&D Team in the Coventry area are seeking a new team member to join their Electronic Hardware department. The company have seen fantastic growth over the last 10 years which has been mainly down to research and development and pushing the boundaries of their product ranges to meet the demands of an ever-growing customer base.
Their products are related to safety critical devices that incorporate plastics, hardware electronics and software applications and are marketed and sold within the consumer electronic market sectors.
As a company they are focused to invent and create innovative solutions that consumers want to purchase and to also keep pushing their product development process to maintain a strong reputation and benefits for their customers to keep upgrading their purchases with the latest technology.
The position will be part of a small team reporting to the New Product Development and Technical Directors and will be responsible for the Firmware creation part of the NPD process.
The Firmware Engineer duties will involve and require the following experiences:
- Design and development for the companies Safety Technology range of safety products and systems
- Pre-validation of new designs and product changes prior to release to the validation team
- Working closely with engineers from other disciplines to develop state of the art products
- At least 5 years’ experience of real-time embedded system development in‘C’
- Experience of Software / Firmware design on Microchip PIC and ARM M0/M0+ or similar devices
- Software / Firmware verification
- Understanding of embedded electronics
- Liaising with Hardware Engineers to implement optimal design
- Ideally from a safety critical development background
- MISRA C and the LDRA toolchain
- Micrium OS RTOS and Stacks
- Python and C
- Agile development (JIRA, GitHub)
- Application development for Windows and/or Linux.
- NXP chipsets
- SiLabs chipsets
This would be a great opportunity for an engineer who is either looking for their 2nd career position or for an applicant who is just craving to get into a faster paced innovative working environment.
For more information please send your latest CV ASAP.