This consulting business is a well-established multi-disciplinary firm, with a diverse workload of schemes, ranging from 1 million – 15 million. They have a vacancy for a project delivery role delivering Structural Engineering designs and managing the production of information for their clients.
Work would be undertaken under the direction of a Structural Director and depending on your level of experience, management of junior engineers may be required. They seek a candidate with experience of design in all materials; concrete, timber and steel, to take a positive lead in delivering a wide range of interesting, varied regional projects.
The role would suit an experienced technical engineer (ideally 3-8 years’ experience) with ambitions to progress your career to an Associate level. Full support will be provided to achieve your potential within a supportive and friendly environment.
Experience of undertaking structural surveys would be an advantage.
A part-time role would be considered for the right candidate.
- Providing detailed technical input and ensuring quality of work output on projects requiring Detailed Structural Engineering Design.
- Report writing.
- To be involved in business development with a focus on the quality and interest of new business.
- Managing projects autonomously.
- To liaise with the client to agree the project specification, the timescale, the fee and the terms of engagement.
- To ensure that the project is undertaken to the specified budget and that all project-related fees and disbursements are accurately recorded and expediently recovered.
Person Specification (you will possess most of these skills):
- Expertise in a range of relevant analytical software packages.
- Recent experience of detailed design for a variety of Structural Projects, with the ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to supervise the work of more junior staff and sub-consultants, prepare fee proposals and project manage a commission from start to finish, liaise directly with client and with other consultants/suppliers, to market the company’s expertise and extend the client base.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to lead project-related discussions, use experience from other projects.
- Commitment to producing high quality work and to promoting the reputation of the company.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- In possession of, or working towards Chartership of the Institution of Structural Engineers.
- A wide variety of project work, and an interesting workload.
- Significant opportunities within a growing company.
- A competitive salary
- Pension contributions
- High quality mentoring from experienced colleagues, and assistance in delivering workload from able, conscientious junior staff.
Commutable from Coventry, Warwick, Solihull, Rugby, Daventry, Banbury