RESEARCH ENGINEER - (MACHINE LEARNING & COMPUTER VISION)
We are seeking a research specialist with a high-level knowledge of developing advanced algorithms for image recognition and computer vision applications. The purpose of the role will be biased towards machine learning in relation to managing relevant data and assist in the development of both software and research outputs such as algorithms.
Benefits for a Research Engineer:
- The company offer a global corporate presence with established internal training, career and personnel development progression routes.
- The role will be office based in Surrey and the company offer free parking, local rail connections and a modern facility.
- They will also offer flexible working after the completion of a probation period.
Duties and Responsible for a Research Engineer will include:
- Specifying, collecting, and managing relevant data and image sets.
- Design, train and evaluate machine learning algorithms for image recognition, object detection and other computer vision tasks.
- Document both software and research outputs such as algorithms.
- Liaise with colleagues, clients, business partners and others in the capture of requirements and deployment of algorithms.
- Undertake ancillary tasks associated with the development, deployment and marketing of products and systems, such as demonstrations and technical support.
- A suitable applicant will have the following attributes and exposure
Requirements of a Research Engineer:
- A high-level academic level related to machine learning, computer vision or related computational and statistical disciplines, or equivalent research experience.
- A proven track record of delivering empirical research goals.
- Some good Programming experience in C++, Python and/or embedded environments
- Image processing expertise, including Open CV implementations (Desired)
- Deep convolutional neural networks (Desired)
- Experience of working in a commercial setting (Desired)
- Degree Qualification - Maths, Physics, Electronics, Computer Science or similar.
Candidates from industry and academia are welcome to apply for this position, but a minimum 1 - 2 years industry / commercial experience is required.
For more information regarding this Research Engineer role please contact Peter Hampshire or send your CV ASAP.
This business is a UK leading manufacturer in their field, who are continually progressing.
They are looking for an experienced Construction Manager, essentially, who has steel framed buildings / steel framing construction management experience.
Although there will be an element of site visits, this is not a Site Manager role.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Oversee selection of all subcontractors working on bases and foundations. Manage all subcontractors work schedules/costs and ensure that they have the necessary paperwork
- Control, supervise and manage the end-to-end process from bases through to erection
- Report back to the Drawing Team any errors identified on site visits, base installation or erection
- Track and control the construction schedules for bases and erections and associated costs to achieve completion of projects in the most cost-effective manner and order all concrete for bases team and all plant for erecting teams
- Conduct site visits to accurately measure and quote for customers
- Support the Sales Team with complex quotes using extensive knowledge and the Drawing Team with complex detailing using extensive knowledge
- Ensure all building are erected to the highest standard by carrying out regular reviews of erectors work and checking we deliver exceptional quality, ensuring all customer complaints are managed effectively and escalated internally where required
Essential Skills Required
- Minimum of ten years’ experience, which must include experience within steel framing / steel framed buildings
- Good oral and written communication skills and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage people, planning, prioritisation, organisation and administration
- Computer literate
- Problem solving and ability to manage conflict
- Self-motivated and driven
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Generous holiday allowance
- Casual dress code
- Very social office environment
- Located next to a Train Station – good bus connections also
Salary - £35,000 - £40,000 dependant on experience
Commutable From: Wrexham, Chester, Oswestry, Stafford, Northwich, Stoke on Trent, Market Drayton
This is an excellent opportunity, with a world leading business, for a proven Analysis Engineer, supporting on a battery pack project, for 20 weeks.
This applied science position conducts numerical computations via third party and in-house tools to determine structural performance of components and systems. Evaluates software and methods and provides improvement recommendations. The results from the computer models are used to determine the validity of the design to meet the customer requirements. Design recommendations are then provided as needed.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to present the analysis results to a wide audience
- Experienced in using multi-physics optimization tools
- Previous experience in thermal / mechanical analysis
- Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making.
- Preferred candidates would have a mix of experience using MS Office tools, Matlab, Python, APDLANSYS, FORTRAN or C programming, Windows/Linux operating systems, and desktop/remote high-performance computing hardware systems.
- Good background and understanding in engineering fundamentals (dynamics, mechanics and thermodynamics)
- Design experience, able to make adjustments to existing models and provide sound design direction to improve components/systems ability to meet requirements
- Able to break down mechanical and thermal requirements into analytical tasks and pass-fail criteria to assess designs
- Experienced in interpreting and correlating to empirical data (time-based accelerometer data, Frequency response plots, thermocouple data... etc.)
- Skilled in Ansys Workbench tools in both structural and thermal analysis essential (transient structural, Harmonic response, random vibration etc.)
- Skilled in Explicit Dynamics for crash and drop analysis (LS Dyna, Ansys Explicit Dynamics) and experienced in using multi-physics optimization tools
- Good reporting skills, able to portray analysis results to a wide range of audience and effectively providing guidance to key stakeholders. Experienced in scripting and automating repetitive tasks is a bonus
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Obtains input and negotiates with Design, Thermal Sciences, Materials and Product Validation and delivers key structural performance parameters like motion, load, natural frequencies, stress, design margin, life, sound power, etc. to Design and Product Validation.
- Makes decisions in the area of structural design (materials and their processing as well as geometry) that impact structural performance (motion, load, natural frequencies, stress, design margin, life, sound power, etc.) of components and systems Applies and improves computer modelling processes that estimate motion, load, natural frequencies, stress, design margin, life, sound power, etc. and tools such as ANSYS, FE-Safe, GT-Suite, and AVL Excite required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
- Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge. Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
- Coordinates and directs work amongst technicians and temporary student employees, assists in the transfer of knowledge to lesser experienced engineers through either indirect (scope of influence) or direct management of a small, local group of engineers.
- Provides support and guidance to influence technical direction within a project team and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role. Operates as a recognized specialist in a discipline or product area within the immediate team.
Hours and Pay
- £35.00 per hour - Ltd Company
- 40 hours per week
- Contract period – 20 weeks initially
Commutable From: Leighton Buzzard, Luton, Bedford, Northampton, Aylesbury, Hemel Hempstead
- This an opportunity to work for a world leading business, for approximately one year.
- The incumbent will be coordinating with the managers on different projects to understand project status, help remove existing obstacles and determine priorities.
- You will provide system updates and report into the US based Hiring Manager.
- Role is open to Ltd Company or PAYE working.
- Previous project management experience is a must as well as the flexibility to assist the Hiring Manager on alternative assignments if necessary
- Someone that's well organized, has good energy and the ability to coordinate many tasks
- A technical background would be a substantial advantage
- Proven project management skills
- Work cross-functionality
- The ability to logically determine the priority of one project to another
Client uses a process called Class 4 to manage projects related to suppliers and products. These projects typically involve a number of different functions not limited to but including manufacturing operations, engineering, quality and supply chain & logistics. The purpose behind these projects can vary from managing risk at a supplier, continuation of supply of product and cost reduction projects. These projects are led by the individual project leaders and in some cases a project can be so big or so critical that an individual is assigned to lead the projects. These projects are managed through a system called Agility. Agility is a project management tool that is institutionalized within the business across all functions and is used to coordinate project approvals virtually. This contracted person’s role is the overall coordination of these Class 4 projects from a purchasing functional perspective to remove obstacles by coordinating resources and management support.
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; works with project leaders to designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues. Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
- Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions. Documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
- Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects. Guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project if required; provides developmental feedback to team members.
- Skills Issue Management - Maintains a cross-functional project issues list, with appropriate prioritization based on the issue's level of importance. Drives appropriate and timely resolution and approval of changes to the project plan.
- Scope Management - Solicits and organizes customer requirements (Voice of the Customer) and tracks the status of project deliverables. Manages the connections between business management and the project teams deliverables.
- Schedule Management - Develops and maintains the multi-project monthly status report as well as any financial reporting to the business at a project and aggregate level. Proficient at one or more schedule management tools. Knows the right level of detail needed to use the tool effectively.
- Resource Plan Management - Develops and manages a cross-functional resource plan for a project. Knows the right level of detail needed to complete the processes and use the tools effectively.
- Business Planning/Strategy - Familiar with tools for financial analysis and its relevance. Knows when, where, and how to get assistance.
- Cross-Functional Knowledge - Understands the more detailed hand-offs between functional areas on a project and knows the detailed work of at least one functional area.
- Project Risk Management - Leads teams in the development of a project FMEA and/or 9-box project risk summary and identifies and manages the actions to mitigate the risk.
Pay and Hours: £25.00 - £28.00 per hour – Ltd Company, 39 hours per week