This is an opportunity for an ambitious Design Engineer to join a growing and expanding business. The business is a supplier of quality systems for large engineering projects across a number of sectors. They work on systems within the power generation sector from hydroelectric power stations to critical plant within the nuclear industry. They also create systems to aid flood defence and fail-safe systems to combat the potential effects of natural disasters within cities.
Full product training will be given to the Design Engineer for this role. They design and manufacture complete hydraulic systems using Solidworks including Power Units, actuators and accumulators through to installation, commissioning and servicing.
Design Engineer Package
- £25,000 - £32,000 dependant skill set and experience
- 8.00am - 16.30pm Mon-Thurs, 8.00am - 15.30pm Fridays
- 33 days holiday
Commutable From: Stafford, Uttoxeter, Stoke on Trent, Crewe, Leek, Congleton
Design Engineer Specification
- The Design Engineer will have 3D CAD proficiency in producing quality detailed engineering drawings (Solidworks preferable)
- HNC or equivalent in engineering is preferred, but isn’t essential
- Knowledge or Hydraulic or Pneumatic Systems advantageous
- Mechanical, Production or relevant Engineering background
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills, able to balance priorities of multiple projects
- Knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing techniques
Design Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Developing and designing Hydraulic Schematics, General arrangements, Actuators and Manifolds
- Production of Bills of Materials
- Liaising with customers to refine requirement and design parameters
- Working on projects from original concept to complete manufacture
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
This is the opportunity for a Tekla Draughtsperson to join a UK leading business, who are long-standing, well respected and continuing to lead the way in their industry.
From their Midlands HQ, they support clients across a multitude of industries, including Engineering, Rail, Construction, Energy and Material Handling.
The Tekla Draughtsperson will be part of a team using Tekla to model structures from engineer’s designs and general arrangement drawings to translate design requirement into fabrication drawings, 3D modeling and information packs, to enable the successful manufacture and installation of Architectural and structural steel projects.
Tekla Draughtsperson Salary and Hours
- £32,000 - £35,000
- Monday – Thursday, 7:45am to 4:45pm, 2:15pm finish on Fridays
- Sick Pay
- Life Insurance
- Free Parking
Commutable From: Leicester, Loughborough, Derby, Burton upon Trent, Nottingham, Tamworth, Hinckley
Tekla Draughtsperson Candidate Specification
- Experience within Architectural or structural Steelwork industries preferable.
- Detailed knowledge of interpreting Engineer and Architectural designs.
- Appreciation of fabrication methods and technologies.
- Good understanding of the codes and standards used in Steel engineering.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Competent user of Tekla Modelling software package.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Using Tekla to model structures from engineer’s designs and general arrangement drawings.
- Adding connections as detailed in the Engineers calculations.
- Generating drawings and exporting to other formats.
- Creating CNC data for production.
- Collaboration with third parties (Clients, Architects, Engineers).
- Detailing both fabrication and prep drawings for a variety of both structural & architectural contracts.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
Senior Electronics Engineer
A fast-growing Midlands based Technology Development company are actively seeking to add new team members to their innovations Research and Development teams.
The company have embarked on a new 5-year New Product Development programme which will see the release of several new innovative SMART products for the Engineering and Manufacturing sectors across the globe. These products rely heavily on electronic hardware and embedded systems to control, activate and communicate with other machinery and technology that are found in modern manufacturing environments.
The position will be joining an existing established team, where training and support will be provided from day one and will continue throughout the career duration of an individual engineer, which also includes post probation and future career progression and promotional moves within the company / group as well.
Senior Electronics Engineer Benefits:
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Excellent Bonuses (Twice a Year up to 20%)
- Training and Development Planning and Support
- Good Pension
- 33 Days Holidays (Inc Bank Hols)
- 37.7 Hour Week (1.15pm Finish on Fridays)
- Free Parking
- Career Goal Reviews (Twice a year)
- Be part of an organisation’s 5-Year growth plan that has already seen a 30% growth in business in 2021
Duties of a Senior Electronics Engineer
- Be the electronics technical lead for new projects.
- Implementing tools and processes for the efficient running of the team and department
- Design and maintenance of hardware and embedded software for use in the company.
- Layout and tracking of PCB designs
- Prototyping and testing of designs and products
- Assessment and documentation of products against specifications and standards
Senior Electronics Engineer Requirements
- Degree or similar qualification in Electronics Engineering or comparable subject
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in electronics design
- Experience in electronics hardware design, development, and testing; including schematic design and PCB layout
- Experience in embedded firmware design, development, and testing
- Electronics design in a highly regulated industry
- Experience in firmware design for STM32 microcontrollers
- EMC design and test experience
- Experience of firmware unit testing; preferably using Tessy
- Familiarity with machinery safety standards or similar
- This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a fast-growing organization where promotional and career development prospects are very realistic in the short term.
Commutable From: Birmingham, Stafford, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Coventry, Derby, Redditch, Worcester, Lichfield
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
Senior Design Engineer – Chassis
We are working with a specialist supplier and developer of Chassis related components that are used in both the performance car and the specialist military vehicle sectors.
The company have an establish in-house start-of-the-art machine shop that can produce low volume precision components from Castings and Forged parts that meet the precise and bespoke criteria of their customer base.
The purpose of the Senior Design Engineer role is to Project Lead and support customers with their bespoke needs, whilst ensuring the company strengthens their brand and reputation for delivering products that meet a brief on time and within budget.
Senior Design Engineer Package:
- £50,000 - £55,000
- 31 Days Holidays, raising to 33 (Including Bank Hols)
- Full Product Training & Awareness
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
Senior Design Engineer – Duties
- Engineering Project Management
- Manage the engineering content of new car projects from enquiry stage through to delivery into production.
- Create and manage engineering project timing & resource plans by working with sales, production control, engineering and logistics departments, reporting progress through the company’s Gateway process.
- Be the main engineering customer liaison for the project phase, ensuring alignment of inhouse timing with customer plans and gateways.
- Create Product & Project costings, from concept phase and support monitoring and management of costs throughout the entire project life, ensuring project profitability.
- Provide engineering project team leadership to ensure a timely focus on delivery to the plan including team readiness for each build phase within the project.
- Work with the Chief Engineer in developing and maintaining appropriate resource allocation to meet the demands in the POEM sector.
- Work with the Chief Engineer and Sales to develop robust project proposals through the feasibility and concept stages of the project. (Including brake system calculations to define the product suited to the application, product and project costing through liaison with purchasing, production engineering and operations and generation of the technical proposal.)
- Work closely with the Chief Engineer and key customers, to develop and apply product designs that meet market requirements.
- Manage the vehicle level interfaces between company’s products and the customer vehicle. This includes product packaging and interfaces, impact of electronic brake control systems on foundation brake requirements and safety cases.
- Attend and support customer and vehicle tests involving new product as required.
- To evaluate suitability of company products for packaging with the customer vehicle using CAD
- Lead the development of the engineering elements of APQP with the team and support the other business functions to ensure timely completion of the APQP process and PPAP.
Qualifications for a Senior Design Engineer:
- HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing or Automotive engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Engineer in the automotive environment.
- Understanding of automotive applications and other aspects of vehicle design
- Working knowledge of D-FMEA, P-FMEA, DVP&R & APQP
- Sufficiently commercially aware to recognize the impact of his actions on the bottom line
- A high degree of self-motivation and ability to work under pressure when necessary
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who can work at speed to achieve tight deadlines
- Able to build strong relationships with suppliers and customer engineers and liaise on technical matters with other departments
- Experience of automotive brakes/chassis engineering/development
- 3D CAD experience
- Experience of working within an IATF16949 environment
This is a great opportunity to join an established and global recognised brand that is still investing in their people, technology and tools to ensure growth and expansion can be achieved.
Commutable from: Birmingham, Coventry, Derby, Leicester, Cannock, Burton, Tamworth, Lichfield, Warwick
PROJECT ENGINEER - ROTATING MACHINERY
Our world-leading client is looking for an experienced Product Engineer, ideally with some rotating machinery experience. This position is inside IR35.
The role is classified as Hybrid, as project/business needs dictate. The candidate will be expected to work 2-3 days in the office per week to support testing and collaboration with team members.
The Product Engineer role involves work across many steps in the product life cycle. Because of the product centred nature of this position, you will very often be a central point of coordination and decision-making between product line engineers, customer teams, systems engineers, purchasing, suppliers and manufacturing.
Contract duration is initially for 12 months, but this may be extended.
Pay: £26.00 - £30.00 per hour (inside IR35)
Product Engineer Candidate Requirements
- General mechanical engineering experience is a must.
- Ideally you will have experience in rotating machinery of some type.
- Prior entry level engineering equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required.
- Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred.
- Rotor bearing experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
- A solid understanding of mechanical engineering and physics allied with good practical and project management skills.
- Candidate may be trained to perform rotor dynamic analysis to evaluate existing designs and develop new journal bearing systems, so good analytical skills are essential.
- Any experience across Acoustics/NVH, Tribology, Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Applied Mechanics and Materials, to overcome new and existing application and environmental challenges would be useful.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- The Product Engineer investigates product problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members.
- Main focus will include working in business processes of Product Preceding Technology (PPT), Value Package Introduction (VPI) or Current Product Support (CPS) and executing technical processes such as Engineering Standard Work (ESW), iDFMEA, Failure Incident Review Group (FIRG) while using tools such as 7-step problem-solving, design review checklist and other specialized tools required to support the processes and enable high quality decision-making.
- Obtains input from stakeholders such as technical managers, project leaders, other product and manufacturing engineers and supplier partners to deliver information and recommendations that lead to quality product decisions.
- Applies academic knowledge and existing experience to take action and make decisions that progress projects forward without sacrificing project quality expectations.
- Owns problem resolution for moderately complex components, products, systems, subsystems or services with a greater degree of technical complexity and ambiguity over the entry level engineer.
- Provides independent execution of established work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and processes.
- Contributes effectively toward team goals, exhibits influence within a work group and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
The business is an SME, with 150 employees and 60 years of manufacturing heritage. They have a global supply chain and export over 30% of their product to a world-wide network of customers. The operation consists of a fabrication facility, assembly area, large yard, logistics area and finished goods stores with the majority of product designed and manufactured by the company at their UK site.
This is a company and role that offers realistic opportunities for career progression and development, being at the forefront of their industry and market leaders within it.
Mechanical Design Engineer Salary and Benefits
- £30,000 - £35,000
- Monday to Thursday 7:30am 3:30pm, 12:30pm on Friday’s
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Death in service benefit
Commutable From: Sheffield, Rotherham, Nottingham, Derby, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Worksop, Newark on Trent
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible to the Mechanical Engineering Manager. You will join an established mechanical engineering design department, who are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic person, who is looking for a permanent role in a busy engineering design environment.
Mechanical Design Engineer Person Specification
- Mechanical Engineering degree or similar
- Mechanical design engineering background
- Strong Background in calculations and FE analysis
- 3D experience – desirable
- Produce engineering drawings for the manufacture of client’s range of bespoke and new products and their derivatives. Liaising with Production and Installation departments to ensure best practices are implemented.
- Compile bills of materials (BOMs) via SAP for existing and newly designed products.
- Produce calculations as required during the preparation of designs and drawings.
- Modify and update drawings, calculations and BOMs to suit revised designs as required.
- Make site surveys and attend site meetings as and when necessary and produce reports as required.
- Issue drawings and maintain records in accordance with the Quality Assurance Scheme.
This business is one of the largest companies in the world, in their specific field, supporting the world’s most prominent brands. With over 13,000 dedicated employees, they operate in 26 countries today.
They have a history that goes back over 100 years, and yet they continue to be at the forefront of what they do.
Field Engineer Package and Benefits
- £30,000 - £35,000
- 37.5 hours per week (considering the nature of the role, flexibility will be required)
- An opportunity to travel nationally and internationally
Commutable From: Cardiff, Newport, Barry, Bridgend, Bristol,
Trainee Application Engineer Role Overview
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to train towards and develop in the role of Field Engineer. In this exciting and varied role, you will learn to provide hands-on support and assistance to their customers, ensuring their product meets performance and application expectations.
- As the majority of your time will be on-site at customer’s manufacturing facilities you must be willing to undertake extensive national and international travel (up to 60% of your time), often at short notice.
Field Engineer Candidate Requirements
- To succeed in this role, you will be educated to a minimum of HNC level, or equivalent, in a mechanical/electrical engineering discipline. (they will however consider candidates who show a willingness to achieve this HNC academic level).
- It would be advantageous to have knowledge of 2D AutoCAD. You will possess excellent computer skills (i.e. MS Office) and will have a strong health & safety ideology.
- Flexibility is a key aspect of the Field Engineer, and on occasions the time aspect of your role may change at short notice.
- Your training will develop the successful candidate to convey complex, technical information in an easy-to-understand way as to be able to persuade others to your way of thinking.
- You will become adept at dealing/ communicating with all levels within a customers' organisation, from production line employees/ operators right up to Director level.
- You will also be comfortable with report writing, being able to concisely and accurately make your point in a logical and understandable way, both internally to various departments and also back to the customer.
- This is a varied, rewarding opportunity for an aspiring Engineer whether time served or recently graduated from an Engineering discipline.
Field Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Whilst conducting your training period you will be supported by the technical team in order to obtain all the relevant skills to the point of eventually taking sole responsibility for tasks and projects associated with the Field Engineering function.
- Visiting the customers manufacturing facilities to provide onsite support is a major function of the role. Evaluating and understanding the customers process and equipment and compiling line audit reports and communication documents is common practice.
- You will eventually develop your knowledge to become a vital Technical Team member, providing troubleshooting support, line efficiency recommendations, fault-finding expertise and operator training.
- You will be involved with technically skilled colleagues, making recommendations for new projects, developing fit for purpose Technical Drawings based up on your knowledge of the product, material and application line capabilities.
- In short, you will become one of the company’s representatives, promoting services through the effective and efficient application of your skill and expertise.
I have a huge opportunity for a Service Manager to join a global carbon company based near Tamworth. My clients are market leaders in plastic delivery / ancillary equipment.
As a Service Manger you will oversee the service engineering team as well as the day-today running of the technical department. This is a customer facing role so good communication skills are essential.
Service Manager Role Benefits:
- Salary £40,000 - £50,0000 (DOE).
- Life Assurance.
- Private Health Care.
- Generous Company Pension Scheme.
- Occasional Hybrid Working.
- 25 Days holiday plus BH.
- Early Finish Friday.
Service Manager Duties:
- Conduct personnel reviews, personal development plans, and other reports on staff you are responsible for.
- Manage and support engineers job schedule efficiently. Including audits on documentation ensuring engineers are safe on the job, courtesy visits to site will also be required, allowing for better relations with customers and interaction with service engineers in person.
- Visit key customer sites to improve relations and give service advice.
- Direct and assist Service co-ordinator in providing service excellence to our customers.
- Organise equipment required for Service Engineers job role, conduct reviews of vehicle stocks.
- Manage change documentation and creating standard Risk Assessments, ensuring all certificates have been produced and provided to the customer and engineers as required for smooth operations.
- Provide and organise service training to engineers when required and serve as a mentor to the team.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and suitably make changes if required.
- Interview candidates with the Technical Manager and hire resources as required to benefit the service team, including Contractors.
- Carry out health and safety audits regularly on site (customer) of service engineers.
- Check Engineers Work Sheets and maintain records on Microsoft Dynamics NAV and CRM.
- Create manage and continually improve the breakdown call out working methods.
Service Manager Requirements include:
- Degree or equivalent in engineering.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Strong Electrically and Mechanically.
- Good communication skills.
- Be able to make decisions.
- Injection moulding experience would be advantageous.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply to find out more details. This is a fantastic opportunity so apply today to avoid missing out.
This Service Manager position is commutable from: Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth, Burntwood, Lichfield, Shenstone, Cannock and surrounding areas.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Maintenance, Reliability & Service Recruitment Support since 1994
An exceptional opportunity has been created due to continuing expansion for a PROCESS ENGINEER. This is a fascinating manufacturing facility, very much at the forefront of new technology.
This is a multi-site international manufacturing business, and as the PROCESS ENGINEER, you will be ensuring process capability and provide support and process improvement to new and existing programs.
Commutable from Cannock, Sutton Coldfield, Rugeley, Tamworth, Lichfield, Burton Upon Trent, Derby, Alfreton, Walsall, Great Barr, Minworth and Stafford
BENEFITS OF A PROCESS ENGINEER
- £45,000 -£50,000
- Work - Place Pension
- Early finish Friday
- You will be joining a highly prestigious international manufacturing business
- Very busy, friendly organisation
- Superb genuine progression available
DUTIES OF PROCESS ENGINEER
- Evaluate existing processes
- Change management
- Track project timing confirm costs of engineering change
- Present layout proposals
- Ergonomic assessments
- Carryout / support on site trials
- Identification of obsolescence
- Ensure process adherence
- Ensure processes are correct, cycle time, manning, process flow, and manning
- Support new product introductions
- Evaluate PFMEA
REQUIREMENTS OF PROCESS ENGINEER
- Degree or equivalent
- Relevant Process Engineer experience
- Gained from preferably a high-volume dynamic working environment
- A Mechanical aptitude
- To have the ability to interpret and generate process documentation
- A “can do” approach
- Experience of engineering change
- Layout and process flow knowledge
There is plenty of scope within this role if you are an ambitious Engineer.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
CONTRACT MANAGER / PROJECT MANAGER - STEEL
A Contract / Project Manager with steel experience, is required to join a continually growing, reputable structural company. With an ability to see a project through from start to finish, the suitable candidate will be responsible for managing a wide range of contracts for which they are responsible; negotiating subcontract orders, monitoring subcontracted work, as well as, start to finish project planning, costing and performing site visits and surveys.
Your place of work will be split between the head office client sites, along with regular client visits.
- Salary £40,000 - £45,000 dependent on experience
- Company car
Commutable From: Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Burton upon Trent, Tamworth, Lichfield
Essential Skills of the Contract / Project Manager
- Project / Contract managing experience, 5+ years
- Proven steel industry experience. Any rail-based experience would be highly advantageous
- Demonstrable Contract / Project Manager ability
- CSCS Card
- IT literate
- Well-organised, structured, capable of meeting deadlines and overcoming challenges
- The Contract / Project Manager will also get involved in negotiating subcontract orders and monitoring subcontractors, planning critical dates, or organising labour.
- You will also be responsible for agreeing extra work to be done on a contract, helping to resolve any disputes that come up, and identifying areas for improvements in the contracting processes.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994