How would you develop a sales team to deliver an extra 20% sales? Would your solution include: training, coaching, new systems, new ways of working, restructuring the sales process, providing great leadership, developing interdepartmental relationships, aligning the strategy and structure to people and purpose?
Client operates a direct sales model with an office team converting enquiries to appointments for the field sales team to meet customers in the comfort of their own home. These advisors recommend solutions to the customers problems, there is no hard sell but a three-point assessment from which they can recommend a solution fit for the customer’s needs. Alongside this a pair of relationship managers look after their retail partner enquiry referral scheme.
They are looking for a Field Sales Manager (England & Wales) to develop the B2C direct sales team of 8 people in coordination with supporting a B2B lead generation team of 2. You’ll have a proven track record of developing and getting the best out of people. You’ll report to the Head of Sales and Marketing and be responsible for developing the existing sales function to deliver the company aspirations.
The business sits in a growth market and has enjoyed consistent growth for over 10 years. They have recently strengthened their marketing and lead generation capability to continue and accelerate growth. Can you inspire a team, provide them with the right tools, tactics and motivation to carry on being the best in the industry and secure the market leading spot they currently enjoy for the future?
- Lead the Field Sales team
- Develop the sales processes to improve conversions rates
- Recruit, train and coach new/existing team members
- Build relations and manage communications between the business into the team and from the team into the business
- Manage performance and personal development across the whole field sales team
- More closely integrate the working of both field sales teams
- A track record in managing direct to consumer sales teams is an advantage but not a prerequisite
- Experienced at building and managing relationships between a field team and office team
- Experience of delivering change, coaching and developing people to peak performance
- Ideally educated to degree level
- IT literate across Microsoft products, CRM system and ideally SAP
- Experience selling medical / disability products would be highly advantageous
Hours and Benefits:
- 9.00 am - 5.00 pm Monday to Friday
- Salary £30,000 - £40,000 negotiable dependant on experience, plus up to £10,000 OTE
- Company car
Commutable From: Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry, Stafford, Nottingham, Derby.