You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
APPLICATIONS ENGINEER UK & ROI
APPLICATION ENGINEER - CAPITAL EQUIPMENT
A long standing organisation that have a proud history of supplying Capital Equipment and System Design, are now seeking an Application Engineer to support new customers enquiries and to quantify and qualify new and existing customers requirements, to ensure all parties are aligned and in agreement to continue and complete 360 Degree Turnkey Projects in the successful delivery and installation of Capital Equipment.
Benefits for an Application Engineer:
- The company will offer a good salary package and benefits and the real opportunity to develop a secure career quickly as part of a small team.
Based within a Midlands UK Sales / Application Team, the position will carry out the following duties.
Key Duties of an Application Engineer:
- Work with own Business Field Managers to develop and maintain a business development strategy for process applications in the UK / ROI.
- Arrange and attend visits to potential customers.
- Determine the best solution from the company product portfolio to solve the customer’s process requirements.
- Prepare technical specifications and quotations with internal application experts for process solutions.
- Present and explain the developed solutions to customer engineers, and management.
- Work alongside the Projects team to provide turnkey solutions for customers.
- Focus on the customer journey.
- Arrange and attend customer tests at the Labs.
- Attend workshops and exhibitions.
- Visit other divisions overseas as required.
- Maintain relationships with existing customer base.
- Update sales team on news and developments from the assigned Business Fields.
- Assist with Marketing strategies and campaigns as required.
- Work alongside the Internal Sales Team to secure new business and develop progressive sales objectives.
The right person will need to be capable of operating as an individual, taking responsibility for the correct execution of duties in a timely manner, managing their work schedule, and prioritising their work to meet the dynamic nature of the business needs. Team skills are also vital, with transparency and exceptional interdepartmental communication skills. The candidate must also be able to demonstrate an experienced background in capital equipment, application and sales with an excellent knowledge of processes and applications in the field of food, confectionery or cosmetics process / manufacturing.
The role will best suit proactive individuals who are keen to develop a market presence for a leading machinery supplier into a new sector with proven growth potential.
Skills Required of an Application Engineer:
- Good command of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent communication, written, spoken in person and telephone.
- Background in process engineering / equipment for food and or personal care industries.
- Some exposure or knowledge of CAD and P&ID Drawings
- Although the role will be mainly office based, the role will also require frequent travel to customer sites, so a flexible approach is essential.