You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
ASSISTANT FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Assistant Financial Controller
This is an ideal opportunity for ambitious qualified accountant to join a global manufacturing business as Assistant Financial Controller.
As Assistant Financial Controller you will report directly to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for ensuring appropriate financial controls are applied throughout the business and all reporting requirements are met.
You will be responsible for assisting the Financial Controller with the accounting operations of the company. The purpose of this role is to manage the day to day activities of the accounting functions within Tamworth to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results are produced on time.
Key Responsibilities of an Assistant Financial Controller:
· Prepare and submit periodic financial statements and reports to the US parent within the set deadlines
· Prepare annual business plans and monthly re-forecasts
· Oversee provision of any financial information for any other stakeholders
· Manage financial and legal compliance
· Assist in the management of the annual statutory audit and statutory accounts preparation
· Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances
· Review procedures and controls and assist in assessing any efficiency proposals
· Ensure SOX compliance
· Using the financial control framework, ensure compliance with the parent company's policies and procedures
· Assist in the management of the internal audit testing & reporting and manage a range of admin and compliance issues
· Develop information from the new SAP ERP system
· Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of relevant company taxes
· Assist in annual stock take
· Help in the day to day management of a small finance team
· Deputise for the Financial Controller
· Carry out any additional reasonable requests made by the business within the individual's capabilities and possessing the necessary experience and training
· Cost Accounting experience advantageous
The ideal Assistant Financial Controller will have/be:
• Professionally qualified - ACCA, CIMA, or ACA
• Practical skills experience within a manufacturing business or audit firm, possessing 1-2 years PQE
• SAP experience
· Good understanding of business and financial issues
· Ability to work to tight deadlines