You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER (CAD)
We have a great opportunity to join a successful organisation who provide tailored and bespoke products to the Construction and Building industry sectors.
As an organisation they have a proud history of being innovative and market leading in the field of GRP products that are often used in large storage, manufacturing and logistic facilities.
A new position has been created for a Technical Support Engineer to provide the important technical and commercial support to their internal and external customers.
- 33 Days Holidays (Inc Bank Hols)
- 37 Hour Week
- Free Parking
Technical Support Engineer (CAD) Duties:
- Provide technical and commercial support to internal and external customers, including providing technical specification and product guidance, solving technical issues and creating CAD drawings and details.
- The position will also have direct involvement in meeting the project requirements of customers by delivering a manufactured product from concept to production, whilst meeting specifications within the agreed cost, time and quality parameters.
- The position will also contribute to departmental output which meets the demands of all business stakeholders whilst in accordance with the Company Quality Systems. Working in an efficient and safe manner the role will add to the overall productivity and profitability of the Company.
- Technical Support Engineer responsibilities:
- The preparation of CAD tool drawings for CNC cutting and press knives
- The ability to interpret technical drawings
- Provided site support to contractors and customers as and when required
- Investigate and reporting customer complaints and agreeing corrective actions with the customer/contractor
- Provide support to the Product Development Engineer with the day-to-day operations of the Technical Department including responding to customer technical enquiries
- Be involved with leading the research and development of new and exciting products
- Help support the Technical Department in ad hoc duties, to include telephone calls and emails to customers, contractors and other internal departments, collating and creating technical specifications.
Technical Support Engineer (CAD) Requirements:
- A proven background in using AutoCAD Software
- Qualified with an Engineering Degree or similar
- Good verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- The ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and from diverse backgrounds, sectors and business types.
- Strong IT skills to include Microsoft Office
- The ability to read and produce technical drawings
- Be motivated with a strong team working ethic
- Ideally a good working knowledge of the construction industry, industrial roofing sectors
- A knowledge of relevant Building Regulations and product standards
Commutable from: Lichfield, Birmingham, Stafford, Wolverhampton, Telford, Derby, Burton upon Trent, Stone
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994