You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
DESIGN ENGINEER - MECHANICAL / HYDRAULICS
Design Engineer – Mechanical / Hydraulics
This business has over 50 years of heritage, specialising in design, manufacturing, and installation of bespoke steel fabrication projects.
Supporting clients, across the world, in many different industries, their in-house design capabilities cover all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and software disciplines.
The Design Engineer Role
Client is looking for an engineer with an innovative mechanical background, a passion for engineering excellence and proven experience to draw on. This is a varied job with varying degrees of responsibility, differing types of tasks ranging from initial design to machine commissioning, perhaps project management or customer visits but with practical design remaining central to the job.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in structural steel fabrication design
- Effective in carrying out detailed structural strength calculations for both structural and mechanical components
- Display a high degree of computing literacy on engineering design packages
- Hydraulic exposure would be useful
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly Organised
Software – AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault, ANSYS, MS Office
Design Engineer Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Generation of documentation within the production design office including, but not limited to, drawings, parts lists, Drawing Office Purchase Requisitions’ and Drawing Office Issue Note’s to ensure project deadlines set both internally and externally are met. Management of Bills of Material and detail manufacturing drawing.
- Produce conceptual designs from functional specifications. Layout design of mechanical/hydraulic machinery.
- To work in multi-discipline project teams on specific aspects of the machine design. Undertake component stress calculations and compile documented calculation packages for third party verification in order to comply to varying international codes and standards.
- Produce equipment test specifications for use in house. Liaison with other Design Engineers to ensure design specifications are met.
- Bid support, travel for technical input, customer liaison, input to sales proposals. Attendance at technical meetings (UK and Overseas)
Design Engineer Salary and Hours
- £30,000 - £40,000, dependant on experience
- 37 hours per week, 08:00am - 17:00pm Monday to Thursday and 08:00am – 12:00pm Friday. (flexibility, due to workloads would be required)
This Design Engineer role is commutable From: Shrewsbury, Stoke on Trent, Stafford, Wolverhampton, Walsall