You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
We are working with a company that are looking to strengthen their Design and Product Team with experienced CAD biased Engineers / Technicians.
As an organisation they have seen a steady flow of business throughout the last 18 months and are now experiencing a real upturn in new sales from new and existing customers.
The company bespoke design and manufacture a wide range of fabricated and structural products that are supplied to a number of different industry sectors.
To meet this demand and to also fulfil the organisations own expansion plans, new roles now exist for Design Engineers.
- £26,000 - £30,000
- 33 Days Holidays (Inc Bank Holidays)
Purpose of a Design Engineer:
- Design of products using design software and product manuals in support of the sales force.
- Project Design: - To meet loads, sizes, applications and timescales.
- Drawing Support: - To Outline, Quotation, Approval, Installation and Assembly details
- Bill of materials: - Manufactured material, purchased material/services, installation, MHE and other. Phased to suit order build programme.
Design Engineer Daily Duties:
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) software to create 2D designs.
- Liaise with clients to identify their requirements.
- Assessing the usability, environmental impact, and safety of a design
- Produce accurate bill of materials for system entry.
- Liaise with suppliers and internal support functions to obtain quotations for components, Installation and plant.
- Reduce cost of failure through accurate design.
- Follow design processes and procedures.
- Plan effectively to ensure projects are delivered on time, to standard and to budget.
The Design Engineer must have the ability to:
- To communicate appropriately in a clear, confident and professional manner with internal and external contacts.
- To achieve targets set and work towards the next levels of competence in the design structure.
- To help and support the success of the team, primarily the design team, but also extending to help and support associated parts of the business as required.
- To continuously develop and learn new skills to achieve and exceed the business targets.
- Take a keen interest in designing solutions and be able to push the boundaries within technical confines to provide the customer with a solution that suits the customers’ requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A formal qualification in a technical subject
- Drawing software (AutoCAD packages)
- Microsoft Office software
- Excellent communication skills
- A creative flair and design ability
- Good visual and spatial awareness
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a busy and dynamic team, where projects are varied and will often offer different design challenges.
Commutable from Wolverhampton, Telford, Birmingham, Stourbridge, Dudley, Stafford, Welshpool, Ludlow
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994