You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
SENIOR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
A leading electronic device developer are currently seeking to strengthen their engineering team with a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to oversee the introduction and manufacture of a range of products that need to meet high industry standards for Design, Build and Safety compliance.
The company boast a strong R&D, Operations and Manufacturing facility that has seen recent investment in technology and equipment.
Benefits of Senior Manufacturing Engineer:
- Salary £40,000 - £42,000
- 25 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
- 37.5 Hour Week
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer activities and duties will include:
- Ensuring NPI projects are implemented as per project requirements. ensuring robust, repeatable processes of Design FMEA/ Process FMEA / Control Plans / Work Instructions / BOMS & Routings are in place and adhered too.
- Offer engineering support to the Operations, Development and Quality departments in order to sustain and continuously improve products / processes at optimal efficiency and quality levels.
- Identify opportunities to implement new technology and process changes to support the growth ambitions of the company.
- Investigate and resolve any process related issues or non-conformances working collaboratively with required functions.
- Act as an enabler / facilitator for cross functional investigations requiring 8D analysis.
- Create, manage and drive to conclusion, applicable engineering changes as well as supporting assigned manufacturing projects.
Other Duties Include:
- Maintenance of BOM’s, Routings and ERP data
- Producing costing data for NPI or CI projects
- Managing budgets
- Creations and evaluation of KPI’s and associated countermeasures
- Designing new equipment, processes, procedures and systems
- Purchasing and installing and validating new equipment
- Investigating production problems
- Diagnosing faults
- TPM & Autonomous Maintenance
- Repairing equipment
- Planning and organising maintenance
- Making improvements to current operations to enhance efficiency.
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Supervising engineering and technical staff
This role will ensure the effective management of a product life cycle can be achieved, whilst working under the instruction of the Department Manager and mentoring and leading a small team of junior engineers.
Experience and qualifications required for this Senior Manufacturing Enginner role:
- HND/Degree in Engineering or equivalent. (Electronics, Manufacturing or Mechanical)
- At least 3-year experience of working in an engineering / manufacturing environment.
- Process FMEA (PFMEA) and Control Plan creation
- Operator process / work instruction documents & planning.
- Problem solving tools (8D / Ishikawa / 5 Why / ‘Is Is-not’ analysis).
- Lean tools & techniques
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking and influencing.
Commutable from: High Wycombe, Oxford, Uxbridge, Reading, Newbury, London, Slough
Probe Technical Recruitment, a Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Specialists since 1994