Graduate Electronic Engineer
We are working with an electronic device development company, who require a Junior Electronic Engineer to join their busy R&D Team based on the outskirts of Oxford
The company has over 20 years’ experience in developing innovative products that are used in the building services sector. Their product uses a range of the latest Electronic / Firmware and Software technologies and are combined with mechanical applications.
As an organisation they have seen good growth and are now in a fortunate position of seeing business levels and orders return after the lockdown early this year.
A busy working environment with a healthy mix of senior and more experienced staff combined with junior and entry level engineers with a focus on individual development.
The position will be part of the delivery of new products and technologies and will focus both on new product development and improving and upgrading legacy products.
Working in the development team and reporting to the Senior Electronic Engineer the position will be very R&D biased and be involved in designing, testing and building prototypes in conjunction with other members of the R&D team.
- Develop innovative product concepts and solutions.
- Design and create PCB Board level technology that can interact with Mechanical and Software applications
- Create and build test and prototype and associated test rigs to carry out test cycles
- Electrical design from concept through to production.
- Schematic capture, simulation, PCB layout.
- Embedded software development.
- Design validation testing including internal and external EMC tests.
- Specification and development of production test equipment.
- Working to internal safety and compliance standards
- Assist in spoke urgent customers’ orders where technology design, upgrades and testing need to be achieved in very short lead times
- Problem solving with the projects at development, prototype, and testing phases
Skills & Experience:
This role will require a Junior Electronic Engineer with experience in the following
- At least 1 year in a Technology based or Engineering position that is New Product Development biased
- Good hands-on exposure to Electronic Hardware & Embedded Design & PCB Schematics
- Have worked in a technology development product or device environment (Ideally within an SME or Start-up organisation)
- Excellent Communication skills
- A formal engineering education qualification in Electronics – (Degree, HND or equivalent)
- Good investigative skills with the ability to problem solve and come up with suitable solutions
- The ability to pick up new technology and procedures fast
- This is a great opportunity for a Junior Engineer to move into a fast paced, but supportive working environment.
- The company has seen fantastic growth in turnover and head count in recent years and is well placed to offer an individual good opportunity for career enhancement, pay increases and promotion within a short time span of joining the company.
- Being part of a team is their ethos and working together to achieve their goals.
A long established, but still hungry to grow SME, based in Oxfordshire, is currently seeking a new addition for their existing small Electronics Team. The company are focused on new product development of a range of electro – mechanical / electronic devices that are used to monitor and collate data within various environments.
Reporting to the Head of Department, the role will be working in a team of Multi-Disciplined Engineers and assist in the development of electronics devices and support existing products.
- Designing analogue and digital circuitry
- Sustaining Engineering activities; trouble shooting and problem solving of existing products
- Test and verify, new products and changes to existing products
- Documentation and associated artefacts; create / edit (BOM’s layouts schematics) with an attention to detail and quality
The right person for this Electronic Engineer position, will have the following minimum experience:
- Electrical/electronic Degree or equivalent
- Good electronic related skills in PCB Layout, Circuitry Schematic Design and Altium etc.
- Able to demonstrate design, development, test and build of electronic systems
- Excellent communication skills and a determination to drive actions to a conclusion
- Flexibility attitude to meet Company deadlines
The company are part of a large corporate global organisation and can offer:
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- holiday purchase scheme + additional holiday on your birthday
- Flexible working
- Group company shares (given to employees once a year)
A PRESTIGIOUS manufacturing organisation have an URGENT requirement for an INJECTION MOULD SETTER.
They are a multi-site operation, with facilities world -wide. The opportunities available, would be second to none, with plenty of development offered for the right person.
This is a busy facility, and there are plenty of orders stacking up.
- £34,000 (pro rata)
- Shift Premium
- Paid Overtime
- 6 Month Contract
- Provide support and process improvement
- Conduct mould changes
- Set up moulding processes
- Identification for areas of improvement within tool changes
- Conduct first – off
- Tool change reduction through SMED
- Cycle time improvement / general scrap reduction
- This role is over a 3-shift pattern – Monday to Friday
- Ideally, you will be Apprentice trained
- Strong knowledge of plastic injection mould machines
- If you have gained your experience within a high volume, complex manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- Knowledge of SMED and 5S
- Happy to work 3 shifts
- Would suit someone who is looking for an opportunity where there are genuine career prospects
You will be joining an established manufacturing organisation, and you will be supported by a strong management team. This is a superb opportunity that, for the right person, can offer fantastic potential for greater chances within the organisation.
This is a superb opportunity to be part of a well- established manufacturing business, who with increased production, now have a requirement for a Material Planner.
In this role you will be responsible for controlling a supplier portfolio to ensure that materials are delivered on time in full managing all data and communication between the plant and Supplier
- Immediate Start Available
- Permanent Role
- £30,000 - £35,00
- Busy, stable Manufacturing business with good future products
- Using MRP / SAP to ensure optimised material requirements planning is achieved.
- Maintain and issue supplier Schedules
- Control of supplier requirements and ensuring that ordering and delivery is in line with supplier lead times and payment terms.
- Working with Production to understand exceptional material requirements translating into material delivery plans.
- Liaise with MP&L Logistics Analyst regarding material requirements and timed changes to minimise scrap and obsolescence costs.
- Control of delivery notes.
- Control of Supplier packaging levels and regular reporting of stock levels and damage container control to minimise financial impact.
- Provide comprehensive efficient logistics support to all areas of the business
- Work with projects and purchasing to support change control and new product introduction.
- Liaise with the third party and Supplier transport companies
- Control of SAP master data for allocated portfolio to ensure stock optimization delivery of Supplier requirements and business objectives.
- Strong IT skills
- MRP skills, preferably SAP
- Excellent experience of Material Planning from within a fast- paced manufacturing background would be beneficial
- Superb analytical skills
- Essential – outstanding communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s most exciting manufacturing firms in the region, with great development opportunities and support and training available.
We are working on behalf of a technology-focused company, specializing in control system design, install and commissioning & they have been supporting end users and mechanical system integrators for several years and over this time have become a specialist in automated systems.
They are now looking to strengthen and reinforce the team, with a Junior Electrical Design Engineer, ideally suited to someone looking for the next challenge in their career. The right candidate will take ownership of the electrical design for the ongoing development of new and existing systems.
On a day to day basis, perform electrical design activities associated with the delivery of projects, to end users and partners, from project launch to handover on site.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Interpret design input information to produce electrical control panel/ system designs based on the current ISO, EN, and BS standards
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design/safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, installation designs and drawing.
- Design & production of electrical layouts & schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
- Ongoing management of Bill of Materials to support project and spares procurement
- Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files and participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings, providing technical support to other departments, as required
- Operate in accordance to the company’s ISO 9001 policy
This is a rewarding position, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a highly professional team looking to innovate and drive performance.
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Ideally educated to Degree level, or a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including electrical design and commissioning would be highly advantageous
- Familiar with 415v motor drive systems, soft starts, and inverter drives and familiar with 24v DC motor drive systems would be useful
- Previous use of AutoCAD (EPLAN would be very useful)
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
Hours and Benefits:
- £23,000 - £33,000 dependant on experience
- Flexi time working, 37.5 hours per week
- Health insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Performance based bonus
Commutable From: Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield