A long established, but still hungry to grow SME, based in Oxfordshire, is currently seeking a new addition for their existing small Electronics Team. The company are focused on new product development of a range of electro – mechanical / electronic devices that are used to monitor and collate data within various environments.
Reporting to the Head of Department, the role will be working in a team of Multi-Disciplined Engineers and assist in the development of electronics devices and support existing products.
- Designing analogue and digital circuitry
- Sustaining Engineering activities; trouble shooting and problem solving of existing products
- Test and verify, new products and changes to existing products
- Documentation and associated artefacts; create / edit (BOM’s layouts schematics) with an attention to detail and quality
The right person for this Electronic Engineer position, will have the following minimum experience:
- Electrical/electronic Degree or equivalent
- Good electronic related skills in PCB Layout, Circuitry Schematic Design and Altium etc.
- Able to demonstrate design, development, test and build of electronic systems
- Excellent communication skills and a determination to drive actions to a conclusion
- Flexibility attitude to meet Company deadlines
The company are part of a large corporate global organisation and can offer:
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- holiday purchase scheme + additional holiday on your birthday
- Flexible working
- Group company shares (given to employees once a year)
Graduate Electronic Engineer
We are working with an electronic device development company, who require a Junior Electronic Engineer to join their busy R&D Team based on the outskirts of Oxford
The company has over 20 years’ experience in developing innovative products that are used in the building services sector. Their product uses a range of the latest Electronic / Firmware and Software technologies and are combined with mechanical applications.
As an organisation they have seen good growth and are now in a fortunate position of seeing business levels and orders return after the lockdown early this year.
A busy working environment with a healthy mix of senior and more experienced staff combined with junior and entry level engineers with a focus on individual development.
The position will be part of the delivery of new products and technologies and will focus both on new product development and improving and upgrading legacy products.
Working in the development team and reporting to the Senior Electronic Engineer the position will be very R&D biased and be involved in designing, testing and building prototypes in conjunction with other members of the R&D team.
- Develop innovative product concepts and solutions.
- Design and create PCB Board level technology that can interact with Mechanical and Software applications
- Create and build test and prototype and associated test rigs to carry out test cycles
- Electrical design from concept through to production.
- Schematic capture, simulation, PCB layout.
- Embedded software development.
- Design validation testing including internal and external EMC tests.
- Specification and development of production test equipment.
- Working to internal safety and compliance standards
- Assist in spoke urgent customers’ orders where technology design, upgrades and testing need to be achieved in very short lead times
- Problem solving with the projects at development, prototype, and testing phases
Skills & Experience:
This role will require a Junior Electronic Engineer with experience in the following
- At least 1 year in a Technology based or Engineering position that is New Product Development biased
- Good hands-on exposure to Electronic Hardware & Embedded Design & PCB Schematics
- Have worked in a technology development product or device environment (Ideally within an SME or Start-up organisation)
- Excellent Communication skills
- A formal engineering education qualification in Electronics – (Degree, HND or equivalent)
- Good investigative skills with the ability to problem solve and come up with suitable solutions
- The ability to pick up new technology and procedures fast
- This is a great opportunity for a Junior Engineer to move into a fast paced, but supportive working environment.
- The company has seen fantastic growth in turnover and head count in recent years and is well placed to offer an individual good opportunity for career enhancement, pay increases and promotion within a short time span of joining the company.
- Being part of a team is their ethos and working together to achieve their goals.
This is a well-established multi-disciplinary business, with a diverse project workload. They offer a varied and interesting workload, in this client facing role, so, a candidate with excellent communication skills is required.
You will have around 5 years’ experience in Infrastructure Engineering / Civil Engineering, with a range of exposure across drainage and highways. Alternatively, deeper knowledge in one of these areas and a willingness to develop the other will be considered.
Infrastructure Engineer Candidate Essentials
- Drainage (MicroDrainage), Section agreements and / or highways experience is essential
- Educated to a minimum standard of degree Infrastructure Engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and in modelling software such as Micro Drainage, PDS or Civil 3D
- Working knowledge of drainage design standards and good practice, including Sewers for Adoption, Wallingford Procedure, FEH, NHBC Standards, CIRIA 753 (SUDS Manual), NPPF, etc
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to present information in detail to Directors, senior management team and staff
- Hold full clean driving licence and have own private car with insurance for business use
- The Infrastructure Engineer will be managing and undertaking numerous residential, commercial and public sector related clients and projects. Liaison and co-operative working with team members, senior staff and colleagues in other disciplines
- Writing of Flood Risk Assessment reports, Transport Assessments and other technical reports for strategic development schemes
- Development of surface water drainage strategy designs, Road design, S38, S104, S106 and S278 documentation
- Prepare design models, drawings, calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence
- Assist Director with operation of the Civil team to meet the productivity and growth aspirations of the company
- Submissions of designs for third party approvals which require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets
- Working within all offices as and when required, working additional hours if necessary, to deliver all responsibilities and to attend meetings/events
- Salary £35,000 - £42,000, dependant on experience
- Payment of Professional Subscriptions
- 30 days holiday
- Christmas shutdown
Commutable From: Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Loughborough, Tamworth, Burton Upon Trent, Mansfield
Probe Technical Recruitment, Celebrating 26 Years of Technical Engineering Recruitment Excellence
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a fast growing organisation who specialise in the design and development of electromechanical devices.
The company have seen fantastic growth of not only its own staff and revenue, but also its product range in the last few years and currently boasts a strong team of Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic Engineers within its R&D team.
The position will be daily involved in the mechanical design of devices and components that will house Smart Technology, Electronic and Electrical applications. The role will involve using 3D CAD SolidWorks to achieve the mechanical aspects of the projects - machine parts, fabrications, enclosures and moving parts.
The right candidate for the Design Engineer position will have a strong background in 3D CAD design and development of electromechanical or mechatronic devices or similar.
- Be formally qualified in either Mechanical or Design Engineering in (HND/Degree).
- Be fully conversant with a modern 3D CAD package (SolidWorks, Creo or similar)
- Have 1st principle mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Have an appreciation of electrical and electronic applications.
- A knowledge of software and embedded software applications would be advantageous.
- Good project engineering and the ability to create supporting documentation and presentations in relation to project management duties.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work well within a team and understand and learn new technology and procedures.
- A strong work ethic.
- This role for a Design Engineer would be a great opportunity for either a mid-level or experienced Designer, who is looking for a new challenge to work full product life cycle and see projects through to completion and final delivery to an end customer.
- The company will offer a suitable applicant, good opportunities to progress their career and develop new skills.
- 25 days holiday plus bank Holidays
- A good pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Career development.
If you believe you are a Design Engineer who could be suited to this position, with 3 years plus experience. Please forward your latest CV with a brief cover letter.
This position is commutable from Manchester, Preston, Blackpool, Rochdale, Oldham and Bolton.
1999 - 2020, Celebrating 21 Years of Specialist Research, Development & Design Recruitment Excellence
Due to an internal move, this world-leading business is looking to employ a Lead Electrical Design Engineer to join their Controls department in their new, state of the art offices.
Working on power generation control system projects you will provide the line management and allocation of company Drawing Office resource facilities. You will also provide CAD design services for the preparation of detailed designs in collaboration with appropriate design engineers and ensuring compliance with design standards.
- Produce CAD drawings for Controls systems i.e. L&N cubicles, Panels, AVRs etc and drive drawing office process standardization to ensure early adoption, streamlining of processes and identification of gaps
- Look for opportunities to reduce process lead time and create spare capacity to process new projects, monitor, control, and develop engineering release systems into Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Services
- Manage the workload of the team, develop the drawing office standards, ensuring high quality output across the team
- Ensure regulatory and statutory compliance on product design, relevant technical, safety and environmental standards, codes of practice etc
- Planning, prioritisation, and resultant resource allocation to meet and exceed customer expectations and management & resolution of all NCR’s within 24 hrs
- Able to communicate technical information easily, to internal contacts and external customers
- Working to set targets, both in terms of efficiency and output and presenting this at the monthly management meetings, team and individual management of staff in accordance with policy and procedures
- Person Specification
- AutoCAD Electrical experience is essential (Inventor experience, coupled with electrical skills may suffice)
- 5 – 10 years of proven experience
- Minimum HND/HNC in relevant engineering discipline
- Technical self-sufficiency, with an understanding of other disciplines, and depth and range of management experience of projects and studies.
- Ability to demonstrate man-management
- Knowledge in the design, project engineering and consultancy in oil and gas pipelines / power generation and associated facilities
- Experience in production of engineering CAD designs
Salary, Hours and Benefits
- £40,000 - £44,000
- 37 hours per week, early finish Friday’s
- 7% company pension
- Generous holiday allowance
- Christmas shutdown
- Great development opportunities
Commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Tamworth, Burton Upon Trent, Birmingham, Coventry