A long established, but still hungry to grow SME, based in Oxfordshire, is currently seeking a new addition for their existing small Electronics Team. The company are focused on new product development of a range of electro – mechanical / electronic devices that are used to monitor and collate data within various environments.
Reporting to the Head of Department, the role will be working in a team of Multi-Disciplined Engineers and assist in the development of electronics devices and support existing products.
- Designing analogue and digital circuitry
- Sustaining Engineering activities; trouble shooting and problem solving of existing products
- Test and verify, new products and changes to existing products
- Documentation and associated artefacts; create / edit (BOM’s layouts schematics) with an attention to detail and quality
The right person for this Electronic Engineer position, will have the following minimum experience:
- Electrical/electronic Degree or equivalent
- Good electronic related skills in PCB Layout, Circuitry Schematic Design and Altium etc.
- Able to demonstrate design, development, test and build of electronic systems
- Excellent communication skills and a determination to drive actions to a conclusion
- Flexibility attitude to meet Company deadlines
The company are part of a large corporate global organisation and can offer:
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- holiday purchase scheme + additional holiday on your birthday
- Flexible working
- Group company shares (given to employees once a year)
Graduate Electronic Engineer
We are working with an electronic device development company, who require a Junior Electronic Engineer to join their busy R&D Team based on the outskirts of Oxford
The company has over 20 years’ experience in developing innovative products that are used in the building services sector. Their product uses a range of the latest Electronic / Firmware and Software technologies and are combined with mechanical applications.
As an organisation they have seen good growth and are now in a fortunate position of seeing business levels and orders return after the lockdown early this year.
A busy working environment with a healthy mix of senior and more experienced staff combined with junior and entry level engineers with a focus on individual development.
The position will be part of the delivery of new products and technologies and will focus both on new product development and improving and upgrading legacy products.
Working in the development team and reporting to the Senior Electronic Engineer the position will be very R&D biased and be involved in designing, testing and building prototypes in conjunction with other members of the R&D team.
- Develop innovative product concepts and solutions.
- Design and create PCB Board level technology that can interact with Mechanical and Software applications
- Create and build test and prototype and associated test rigs to carry out test cycles
- Electrical design from concept through to production.
- Schematic capture, simulation, PCB layout.
- Embedded software development.
- Design validation testing including internal and external EMC tests.
- Specification and development of production test equipment.
- Working to internal safety and compliance standards
- Assist in spoke urgent customers’ orders where technology design, upgrades and testing need to be achieved in very short lead times
- Problem solving with the projects at development, prototype, and testing phases
Skills & Experience:
This role will require a Junior Electronic Engineer with experience in the following
- At least 1 year in a Technology based or Engineering position that is New Product Development biased
- Good hands-on exposure to Electronic Hardware & Embedded Design & PCB Schematics
- Have worked in a technology development product or device environment (Ideally within an SME or Start-up organisation)
- Excellent Communication skills
- A formal engineering education qualification in Electronics – (Degree, HND or equivalent)
- Good investigative skills with the ability to problem solve and come up with suitable solutions
- The ability to pick up new technology and procedures fast
- This is a great opportunity for a Junior Engineer to move into a fast paced, but supportive working environment.
- The company has seen fantastic growth in turnover and head count in recent years and is well placed to offer an individual good opportunity for career enhancement, pay increases and promotion within a short time span of joining the company.
- Being part of a team is their ethos and working together to achieve their goals.
A company with a long track record for innovation and offering tailored bespoke solutions to its global customer base, is currently seeking an Electronic Design Engineer to enhance their R&D Team.
As a company they design and develop a range of technical mechatronic products that are often required to work in partnership with other electronic technologies and equipment.
Their own internal team consists of experienced personnel in the areas of Software, Electronic and Product Design and this position will support all of these areas, with a biased toward Electronic Hardware Development, but with daily interaction with Digital, Software and Mechanical applications as well.
The company are currently busy with the development of three new platforms that are required for delivery and testing early 2021, so the team are extremely busy developing and prototyping new technologies to ensure this target can be achieved.
The position will be offered the opportunity to work remotely and on-site for the initial first 6 months, but the role will then be likely to be reverted back to purely on-site working, so applicants should ideally be situated within a 1 hour commuting distance of the office (South Manchester)
Experience of the following would be extremely useful:
- Schematic Layout and PCB
- Good working knowledge of STM32 Cortex M4
- Exposure to Visual Studio, C++, C#, Python, bash
- Good experience in Source Control, e.g. GIT, subversion
- Collaboration tools, e.g. Confluence
- Bluetooth 5 modules & Wi-Fi modules
- USB 3 Type-C including Power Delivery control via STUSB
- Digital/Analog signal conditioning
- Control circuitry, load drivers, stepper motor control
- Design for EMC and other certifications (e.g. CE, LVD, CB, FCC, UL, CCC, etc)
- Capable of ‘bringing up prototype hardware’, and be comfortable using scopes, bus analysers, etc
- Building, testing, debugging prototypes and early production models
- Design of test equipment and procedures for high reliability production of volume parts
- Experience of Windows App, Android, iOS or other mobile application development would be useful
Requirements for the Electronic Design Engineer role:
- A positive attitude is essential as is flexibility, creativity and pragmatism
- Ability to self-manage project work loads
- Good analytical skills
- Problem solving abilities
- The understanding and learning of new technologies
- A degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Experience of developing embedded electronic hardware and software for real-time and mobile systems
The company will offer:
- 37.5 hour working week
- Contributory pension scheme (5%/5%)
- Private Healthcare
- 29 days paid holiday increasing with service
- Death in Service benefit
- Flexibility in working hours
- A friendly relaxed atmosphere where everyone is focused on creating excellent products
- Remote working for the first 6 months
Commutable from: Manchester, Wrexham, Macclesfield, Crewe, Stoke-on-Trent, Liverpool, Runcorn
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
This is a technology-focused company, specializing in control system design, install and commissioning.
They have been supporting end users and mechanical system integrators for several years and over this time have become a specialist in automated systems.
They are now looking to strengthen and reinforce the team, with an experienced Electrical Design Engineer, ideally suited to someone looking for the next challenge in their career. The right candidate will take ownership of the electrical design for the ongoing development of new and existing systems.
On a day to day basis, perform electrical design activities associated with the delivery of projects, to end users and partners, from project launch to handover on site.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Interpret design input information to produce electrical control panel/ system designs based on the current ISO, EN, and BS standards
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design/safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, installation designs and drawing.
- Design & production of electrical layouts & schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
- Ongoing management of Bill of Materials to support project and spares procurement
- Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files and participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings, providing technical support to other departments, as required
- Operate in accordance to the company’s ISO 9001 policy
This is a rewarding position, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a highly professional team looking to innovate and drive performance.
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Ideally educated to Degree level, or a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including electrical design and commissioning would be highly advantageous
- Familiar with 415v motor drive systems, soft starts, and inverter drives and familiar with 24v DC motor drive systems would be useful
- Previous use of AutoCAD (EPLAN highly advantageous)
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
Hours and Benefits:
- £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience
- Flexi time working, 37.5 hours per week
- Health insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Performance based bonus
Commutable From: Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield.
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
Negotiable Salary (DOE), Homeworking, Car Allowance, Company Pension, Private Medical Insurance & Life Insurance
- Client is looking to recruit an experienced Piling Design Engineer, to work within their estimating team, who is looking to progress their career, working within a homeworking role. As a business, they are committed to the professional development of their employees and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and expanding business.
- The teams principal objective is to identify new business opportunities by preparing design solutions, estimates and tender proposals for the delivery of a variety of piling disciplines that meets the customer’s needs and in accordance with the Company’s Sales and Commercial Strategy.
- The role is design and estimating. You will need to be proficient in working with relevant design software and have an understanding of the estimating process. You will be expected to work from a bill of quantities or a set of drawings and any other form of enquiry documents a client will issue and provide piling designs and price estimates for everything from a one-off scheme to ongoing projects which will be completed over several months.
- You will be required to follow a project through with any design requirements as the project develops or progresses.
- You will be expected to have combined site experience with quantity surveying skills, commercial acumen and a mind capable of financial analysis.
- This is a customer focused role that requires you to have the ability to engage with clients to determine their needs and articulate those requirements in order to provide a solution-based proposal.
Design and Estimating Skills Required
- Interpret architectural engineering plans, blueprints and specification drawings to determine the scope of works
- Check the tender requirements against the Company’s governance procedure and accordance with the Company’s Sales and Commercial Strategy to determine the most appropriate engineering design solution for the installation of sheet steel, driven or bored piles, etc
- Prepare designs for fully embedded retaining walls, cantilever and propped solutions, bearing piles either bored driven or VCC using information supplied by the client or suitable generic engineering values for the soil strata present on site
- In conjunction with the Contracts Manager, conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents
- Review contract conditions and incorporate the Company’s requirements within a written tender submission document
- Liaise with client on an ongoing basis to determine progress of tender
- Comply with stated Company policies and procedures relating to health and safety legislation
Essential Qualifications and Work Experience
- BA Engineering / Civil Engineering – or equivalent in relevant experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in heavy civil engineering
- Minimum 40 hrs per week as dictated to meet the needs of the business.
- The pressure and fixed nature of deadlines means some late nights may be needed. Overnight stays are rare, but you will need to travel to meet clients on site.
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994