You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
SITE SUPERVISOR (Quality Engineer)
This opportunity is for a successful Construction Site Manager or Site Supervisor, who is looking to diversify in their career and take a new path within Quality, as a Quality Engineer.
This highly successful construction manufacturing company, who are one of the biggest volumetric suppliers within the UK are looking for a forward thinking, self-starter with eye for detail, to join the Quality team as an Engineer, reporting into the Senior Project Quality Manager.
This is an opportunity that can offer security and varied work, with 5-10 years’ worth of projects in place. Being one of the largest suppliers into Defence, Retail, Commercial and Education, every day is different, varied, and excited. To help ensure success the necessary training will be provided to ensure that the candidate becomes a proficient Quality Engineer and can work independently in this progressive role and oversee the Quality Inspectors.
Applications are welcomed from those who are currently or have previously worked in construction, as a site supervisor or site manager, who have worked with other trades, can manage sub-contractors and can read construction drawings.
In exchange for their construction expertise the Quality Engineer will receive:
- A Competitive package
- Days shift
- 25 days holidays + Stats + Christmas shutdown
- Free on-site parking
- Free Beverages
- Medical cover
Key Roles & Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer:
- Ensure products meet the necessary quality standards
- Report product conformance and write non-conformance reports
- Identify areas of improvement and implement measures
- Perform Critical checks
- Report on KPIs
- Partake in continuous improvement activities
- Take part in project update meetings
- Working with new product introductions
- Ensure quality checking procedures are in place
- Inspect products referring to Engineer drawings
- Liaise with other departments on Quality matters
Skills Required for the Quality Engineer:
- Team player and good lone worker, with initiative to work independently
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Site Manager for a construction Contractor
- Computer literate
- Ability to read Construction Drawings **ESSENTIAL**
- Experience working with sub-contractors and other trades people
- Self-sufficient, self-starter
- Willing to learn new skills
If you are Enthusiastic, Driven, looking for challengethen please give me a call.
Commutable from: Mansfield, Worksop, Nottingham, Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Grantham, Newark on Trent, Lincoln, Sleaford
Probe Technical Recruitment, Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Specialists since 1994