You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
SENIOR CONTRACTS MANAGER - CONSTRUCTION
With experience across every sector, this business is a leading force in their industry and has the expertise and production capability to deliver high quality, cost effective buildings that meet the current and future needs of their users.
They operate across multiple sectors, delivering a comprehensive range of innovative solutions, operating in the MOD, Commercial, Retail, Hotel, Student Accommodation and Education sectors.
Across all of these sectors, their manufacturing and construction sites continually strive to find a better way of delivering high quality solutions that achieves their clients’ goals more efficiently, more affordably, and more effectively.
Package and Hours:
- Salary is negotiable, dependant on experience
- Car allowance
- Medical cover
- 33 days holiday
- 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday to Thursday, 3:45pm finish on Friday
Being a senior position within the company the Contracts Manager has to ensure that Projects are managed effectively from inception to completion.
- To manage the project teams, including clients, designers, consultants, employees and sub-contractors.
- Ensure projects are run to programme with effective commercial delivery of the construction projects ensuring that projects are technically compliant.
- To ensure safe delivery of construction projects and ensuring that the projects are handed to a high-quality standard, defect free.
Essential Experience Required:
- Proven track record in delivering large projects
- Effective team leader
- Ability to plan and programme projects from inception to completion
Manage the project teams including clients, designers, consultants, employees and sub-contractors
- Ensure full understanding of the project design, tender and contract
- Arrange regular meetings with stakeholders to ensure co-ordination, understanding and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Commercial Department on all aspects of delivery.
- Have regular dialogue with the project team to ensure our commercial and construction position is not compromised
Ensure Projects are run to programme
- Produce a comprehensive programme to effectively manage the whole project
- To monitor progress on a weekly/monthly basis and where necessary take action to prevent slippage / recover lost time
Effective commercial delivery of the construction projects
- Identify required levels of resourcing for successful enactment of projects and support for future business
- Give clear direction as required within the Team, as regards day to day business activity
- Take the lead in the resolution of any cost, design or methodology issues to ensure smooth manufacture and construction
- Liaise with and support all suppliers and sub-contractors as necessary
- Provide necessary information and coordination to other teams to ensure efficient implementation of projects
Effective safe delivery of the construction project
- Disseminate safe working practices to the construction team and ensure the high standard of Health & Safety ethos is maintained at all times
- Arrange with the Health & Safety Department regular site visits and to ensure any observations / actions are closed out in a timely manner
- Ensure the company ethos is passed down to their supply chain partners
Ensure technical compliance of the product offering
- Build and maintain good communications within all relevant areas of client, consultant and suppliers. Gain full understanding of the mechanics of the client and team process and dynamics
- Ensure full evaluation of the client requirement. Ensure risks are identified and eliminated from company activities
- Ensure close liaison with the Design Department and consultants to ensure any queries are properly recorded and closed out
Commutable from Mansfield, Worksop, Nottingham, Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Grantham, Newark on Trent, Lincoln, Sleaford