The business is an SME, with 150 employees and 60 years of manufacturing heritage. They have a global supply chain and export over 30% of their product to a world-wide network of customers. The operation consists of a fabrication facility, assembly area, large yard, logistics area and finished goods stores with the majority of product designed and manufactured by the company at their UK site.
This is a company and role that offers realistic opportunities for career progression and development, being at the forefront of their industry and market leaders within it.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer will work within the Mechanical Team to assist with the company’s development of innovative products and solutions.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to;
- Preparation of drawings, bills of materials and design calculations for both new products and modifications to existing products
- To work closely with the company’s production and manufacturing engineering functions to ensure designs are as effective as possible for the wider business
- Support of the company’s sales and marketing functions
- Liaison with other departments within the company to help achieve common goals
- Creation and development of conceptual design schemes
- Attendance of site visits, meetings and surveys as required by the projects
- Any further related tasks as defined by the Engineering Manager
- You will hold a Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- At least 2 years Mechanical Design Engineer experience
- Experience in 2D / 3D CAD systems (Autodesk Inventor is preferred)
- Knowledge of fabrication and/or steel structures
- Experience with SAP ERP or similar is desirable
- A good appreciation of the importance of Design for Manufacture / Assembly principles
- Practical manufacturing or installation experience will be seen as beneficial
Salary and Benefits
·£30,000 - £38,000. Negotiable, dependent on experience
- Holiday that increases with service
- Sick pay
- Early finish Friday’s
Commutable From: Sheffield, Rotherham, Nottingham, Derby, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Worksop, Newark on Trent