The business is an SME, with 150 employees and 60 years of manufacturing heritage. They have a global supply chain and export over 30% of their product to a world-wide network of customers. The operation consists of a fabrication facility, assembly area, large yard, logistics area and finished goods stores with the majority of product designed and manufactured by the company at their UK site.
This is a company and role that offers realistic opportunities for career progression and development, being at the forefront of their industry and market leaders within it.
The business is willing to consider candidates of all levels, from recent Graduate to Senior Structural Engiener.
- Operating as part of the mechanical team, a typical day will include you being involved in ongoing and new design projects, inclusive of calculations, and occasionally advising on foundations (experience in this area is not a pre-requisite)
- The role offers real variety, with responsibilities across different functions and working on a good mix of projects/products
- You will hold a Structural Engineering Degree, or similar
- Any exposure to steel, mast/column structures, fabricated steel components or large-scale bespoke structures would be particularly useful
- Structural Design and Calculations experience (a level of calculations experience would be highly advantageous)
- Understanding of foundation design based on site conditions and structural requirements (useful, but not essential)
- Ability to complete failure mode analysis and site-investigations into ageing structures and structural integrity, advising on structural maintenance and reviewing structural maintenance reports (ideally)
Salary and Benefits
- £24,000 - £40,000 dependant on level of experience
- Holiday that increases with service
- Sick pay
- Early finish Friday’s
Commutable From: Sheffield, Rotherham, Nottingham, Derby, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Worksop, Newark on Trent