The business is an SME, with 150 employees and 60 years of manufacturing heritage. They have a global supply chain and export over 30% of their product to a world-wide network of customers. The operation consists of a fabrication facility, assembly area, large yard, logistics area and finished goods stores with the majority of product designed and manufactured by the company at their UK site.
- Preparation of drawings, bills of materials and design calculations for both new products and modifications to existing products.
- To work closely with the company’s production and manufacturing engineering functions to ensure designs are as effective as possible for the wider business.
- Support of the company’s sales and marketing functions.
- Liaison with other departments within the company to help achieve common goals.
- Creation and development of conceptual design schemes.
- Attendance of site visits, meetings and surveys as required by the projects.
- Any further related tasks as defined by the Engineering Manager
- Degree or HND held in either Civil or Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline)
- You will have experience of fabrications, fabricated steel components or steel structures
- Structural Engineering / Structural Design experience would be advantageous
- Experience with SAP ERP or similar is desirable as is weld fatigue experience
- A good appreciation of the importance of Design for Manufacture / Assembly principles
- Practical manufacturing or installation experience will be seen as beneficial
- High capability in written and spoken English
- £40,000 - £45,000 - negotiable dependent on level of experience
Commutable from Sheffield, Nottingham, Derby, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Worksop, Newark on Trent