We are seeking to recruit a proven Maintenance Electrician to join a leading global design and engineering company to assist both Engineering and Production by ensuring minimum downtime on all items of Plant and Machinery.
Benefits for a Maintenance Electrician:
Along with a negotiable salary around the £34,000 mark (D.O.E) the company also offer:
- An Attendance Bonus @ 5.5% of Basic Salary
- 22 Days Holiday
- Overtime Paid @ 1.5 rate
- Euro Holidays Paid
- Occupational Health Service Provided
Requirements of a Maintenance Electrician:
- For the position of Maintenance Electrician, you will need to hold a minimum of an ONC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and four years’ experience after completion of apprenticeship.
- You must be able to understand hydraulic and pneumatic systems and be able to read schematic drawings and have experience of PLC’s.
- It is also beneficial if you are experienced in the use of Machine Tools-Lathe / Milling Machine / Surface Grinder.
Some duties for the role of Maintenance Electrician may include:
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all breakdowns, considering production priorities
- To visit all Plant Services on a shift basis, taking readings and carrying out any proposed remedial action to any problem listed
- To be trained as required to be able to service and maintain all Plant systems and machines
- Ensure the smooth running of the stores by completing all paperwork when using spares
This role of Maintenance Electrician is commutable from Northampton, Peterborough, Leicester and Northampton
Probe Technical Recruitment is recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join a company within the Food industry. You will be part of a multi-disciplined team to carry out first line maintenance tasks and improvements on equipment throughout the factory efficiently and effectively to enable maintenance targets to be met. Not only do the company offer a salary of £40,000 but they also offer a continental shift pattern of 4 on 4 off days and nights, but they also offer 20 holiday days and matched company pension.
Duties for the role of Maintenance Engineer:
- To complete designated tasks efficiently to the highest standard.
- Consider cost implications when carrying out designated tasks to minimise wasted time, materials and costs.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Planner/Shift Engineering Manager to ensure the smooth execution of both day-to-day maintenance tasks and shutdown work.
- Ensure the upkeep and reliability of all plant and equipment in your designated area by feeding back requirements to the Planner/SEM.
Requirements for the role of Maintenance Engineer:
- To be successful in your role you will ideally need experience in working within a Maintenance Department especially a food manufacturing environment would be beneficial.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of an Apprenticeship/ NVQ/ HNC or City & Guilds Part 3 in Mechanical Engineering or trained Mechanically.
The role of Maintenance Engineer is commutable from Peterborough, Cambridge, Grantham and surrounding area’s between.
APPLICATION / SALES ENGINEER (PROCESS MACHINERY)
A European organisations UK Project Office in the Midlands is seeking an Application Engineer to join their Project Division in a direct customer facing post.
The organisation provides a wide range of process and manufacturing equipment to the myriad of industry sectors across the globe, but this position has been created to focus on local UK and ROI customers only.
The UK Team are responsible for creating systems solutions and turnkey project management with partners and suppliers, to ensure their parent company machinery and equipment can be installed and commissioned within pre- approved lead times and within costs.
The role will be the customer facing part of the project solution process, by offering tailored solutions and making customers aware of new technology and equipment that will suit their individual company needs.
It will be a position that will be a mix of office based and customer facing on a weekly basis, with direct links and communication with internal managers and departments in the UK and Europe.
The right candidate for the position will ideally come from a systems / machinery solutions provider, or have a customer facing history within Projects, Application or Sales Engineering dealing directly with customer’s needs.
The organisation has a very strong reputation and global presence for supplying tailored and bespoke equipment to process related industries for the last 40 years and have satellite offices across the globe.
- The role will be supported with training, management liaison and support (UK & Europe), internal project team support and product awareness training. The role will also be part of induction process and introduction to the marketplace phase as well.
- The company are keen to promote a good work and personal life balance and try to be a flexible as possible with working hours and allow their staff to finish 1pm of Fridays.
- A nice friendly working environment with support and a very busy order book and enquires portfolio.
- The role comes with a good salary, bonus, company car or allowance and other benefits.
- Please note that the role will require travel across the UK and ROI on a regular basis but will also require a successful applicant to be office based when not in front of customers.
Skills and Requirements:
- A formal technical qualification in Engineering - HNC / HND or Degree
- 5 Years direct experience of Project / Application or Sales Engineering with direct liaison and contact with customers.
- 2 - 3 experience in supplying or selling equipment and machinery (Automation or associated equipment)
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong ability to build relationships with customers and partners quickly
- Strong origination skills
- The ability to self-manage and be proactive
- A background in working on slow burn / long lead time projects with values c £50,000 - £200,000+ would be very advantageous.
For more information please send your latest CV ASAP.
This is an opportunity to join a leading Manufacturing company within Hereford to undertake breakdown and preventative maintenance on plant machinery in this Heavy Industry production facility based in Hereford.
- The salary package including shift allowance is up to £40,000 per annum depending on the shift pattern.
- In addition, there is 5% pension, up to 5 weeks holiday + Bank Holidays and company bonus.
- Based in Hereford, this position is commutable from Worcester, Gloucester and surrounding areas.
- As a Maintenance Engineer you will be joining a large Engineering team responsible for maintaining and improving all aspects of the equipment and plant on site in this Heavy Industry manufacturing environment.
- Working in a team there are opportunities to work either Days, 3 x shifts, or a Continental shift pattern of alternating Days and Nights 12 hours shifts on a 4on / 4off shift rota.
- To be successful in the role of Maintenance Engineer you will need to hold a recognised Engineering Qualification and will ideally be Apprentice trained. We are seeking Electrical, Mechanical and Multiskilled Engineers for this team
- You will need to have previous experience of supporting machinery in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Electrically you will need to have a good knowledge of AC motors, inverters + drives, and hold fault finding abilities on PLC controls.
- Mechanically you will need to have strong experience with Hydraulics in a Heavy Industry environment.
I would be keen to hear from Maintenance Electricians, Mechanical Engineers, Multiskilled Engineers, or Maintenance Technicians who have experience of supporting plant machinery within an Industrial environment.
If you are interested in knowing more, please send your CV ASAP.
QUALITY ENGINEER (12 MONTH CONTRACT)
Are you looking for a change in scenery or just a new opportunity to put your skills to the test at an incredibly successful Manufacturer?
Are you a Quality engineer who is looking to take the next step in your career?
Our client is an industry leading Tier 1 client who are looking for a Quality Engineer on a 12 month contract who has a background in Automotive to join them as their business continues to grow and provide outstandingly high quality products.
This role will require travel to EMEA and around the UK to service Suppliers.
This role has the possibility to be based in Huddersfield or Northamptonshire.
- Competitive Hourly rate - Negotiable
- 12 month contract
- As Quality Engineer you will be responsible for supplier evaluation and selection
- You will be responsible for PPAP
- Work with suppliers to ensure all quality standards are met and use them quality tools efficiently
- As Quality engineer you will measure supplier quality performance
- Previous experience in a quality engineering role and ideally with some experience being supplier facing
- You will need to be open to travel around the UK and EMEA
- Background in Automotive (Tier 1/2) preferred
- Experience with PPAP is essential
- Experience with welding/fabrication would be an advantage
- Further experience with PLC’s/Electronics would be beneficial
Please feel free to have a confidential chat on the details below. What are you waiting for?
This is your chance to work for a globally recognised, major international brand, who distribute products to over 50 countries worldwide.
Driven by the passion of the founding team for designing innovative products that redefine end user expectations, the business continues to grow. They are looking to recruit a skilled and forward-thinking Audio Electronics Project Engineer, for a hands-on role, who has the talent and work ethic to make a difference in one of the most exciting brands in their industry.
Salary and Hours:
- Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- A fantastic, fun environment to work
- The chance to be part of a world-leading business
- 33 days holiday, rising to 38 days with service
- Sick pay
- Death in service 2x salary
- You must have Audio Electronics experience, High Speed Electronics or very closely related experience
- Degree in electronics or associated engineering subject
- 1-2 years’ experience of electronic and/or mechanical design in a consumer audio or electronics environment
- A demonstrable aptitude for electronics. Will have been interested in consumer electronics and circuitry, or mechanical construction/design as a hobby or in a previous role
- Knowledge of CAD PCB design
- Experience / Knowledge Used to working to tight deadlines, excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Someone with a passion for music / musical instrument would be advantageous
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- The input and modification of electronics schematics, with guidance from the Chief Engineer
- The input and modification of PCB artworks using CAD, with guidance from the Chief Engineer
- Building and testing of prototypes
- Sourcing components for prototype production and testing
- Writing and performing new product tests and recording/presenting results
- Managing the approvals of products to international standards
Commutable from Milton Keynes, Rugby, Daventry, Kettering, Banbury, Bedford
We are seeking to recruit an Engineering Manager (facilities) to join a component manufacturer for many of the world’s biggest industries. The ideal candidate must be able to manage contracts and contractors’ budget and manage plant safety and Maintenance support. The ideal candidate must hold certificates for Boilers and Water towers.
Not only does this role include sociable working hours of 8-4 (with some flexibility) but they also offer an excellent holiday entitlement at 25 + 8 bank holiday, a company pension and shut down periods.
- Salary £40,000
- Excellent Holiday Entitlement 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays
- Standard Company Pension
- Shut Down Periods
Duties for the role of Engineering Manager include:
- Oversee and manage all the utilities and support services (all boilers, all compressors, air systems, all water systems, water towers, central vac systems, material expanders, vessels, material tanks, ovens, chimneys and sprinkler systems)
- Arrange and oversee Pat tests of equipment
- Arrange and oversee earth bonding in all areas
- Support on electrical projects and machine panels
- Communicate and report monthly, all developments and improvements on energy savings or waste from equipment
- Manage the security of the site, including buildings, plant and equipment.
- Drive and ensure compliance including ISO and Health & Safety Management Systems.
- Work closely with site safety and environment officers so we are up to date on all activities, legionaries’ readings, risks assessments and insurances checks etc.
We will also be keen to talk too Facilities Managers, Engineering Supervisors, Facilities Engineers who would like to become a Manager in the future. This is a great role for an Engineering Manager with experience with facilities who prioritise Health and Safety, assess risks and take required action.
The role is of Engineering Manager is commutable from Northampton, Kettering, Milton Keynes, Banbury and Wellingborough.