For over 60 years, this business has been constantly evolving their product portfolio to meet the demands and ever-changing needs for some of the world’s largest industries. From the design of their first ever product, the business has sustained manufacturing excellence, setting the industry standard & today they operate from a purpose built, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Northampton, where they routinely design and develop system solutions for bespoke applications.
The business wishes to recruit a Development and Applications Engineer to grow the strength of the Applications and Product Development team and assist company growth plans as the recent technology, will add new products to its portfolio and further strengthen its position in the market.
Development and Application Engineers provide technical solutions to customer enquiries and study, research and develop ideas for new products and methods used to make them. Working on a wide range of machinery, and test rigs of bespoke design that must be functional and reliable, easy and safe to use, including modifying existing products or processes to increase efficiency or improve performance.
- Support the Chief Applications Engineer in providing timely response to new application and product enquiries.
- Produce innovative designs/ideas and create workable and cost-effective solutions.
- Assist in new product development and product improvement activities including brainstorming, design, analysis, supplier selection and testing.
- Create 3D CAD conceptual designs and 2D drawings.
- Collaborate with manufacturing, assembly and testing to build in-house R&D test rigs for new product development.
- The ability to conduct test schedules, document the results and present these findings clearly.
- Work on short and long-term projects both in managing, documenting and performing the project activities.
- The selection and specification of suitable equipment suppliers and processes.
- A 2.1 degree in Mechanical Engineering with Aerospace/Automotive/Energy/Oil & Gas background together with a minimum of three years industry experience.
- Ability to use CAD (preferably Creo Elements or SolidWorks) and FEA (preferably Ansys Workbench) tools.
- Ability to perform hand calculations for preliminary design, sizing and stress assessment of static and rotating components.
- Material selection and knowledge of conventional manufacturing processes.
- Ability to create and interpret engineering drawings and GD&T.
- Good understanding of Strength of Materials, Fatigue, Vibrations and Rotor dynamics.
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) skills.
Package, Benefits and Hours
- Salary £34,000 - £40,000, negotiable dependant on experience
- Excellent contractual benefits package to include contributory pension scheme, death in service and health insurance, together with a non-contractual annual profit share bonus
- 33 days holiday
- 37 hours per week - Monday to Thursday 08:30am – 17:15pm, Fridays 08:30am – 12:30pm
Commutable From: Northampton, Leicester, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Banbury
A global player in the field of specialist process and production machinery are currently seeking a Project Manager to join their project post-sales systems design and installation team.
The company have a strong track record of offering their customers a complete turn-key service of providing state-of-the-art machinery and the project management of the delivery and installation of orders to customers sites, including managing plant design, process monitoring, control and automation, mechanical and electrical engineering, steelwork design, abatement systems and extraction systems installation.
Often working to busy project schedules, the team will take responsibility for the final installation and assembly of the final order - Dry Commissioning, Wet Commissioning and finally Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)
The position will report to the Managing Director and will be based from the organisations West Midlands office, but regular travel to Europe and further a field will also play a major part of the role at certain points of projects.
The position will be Project Engineering orientated and will incorporate a wide range of activities, including project planning, plant and process machinery layout design - PFD and P&ID, proposals and feasibility studies, supplier liaison, sub-contractor management, mechanical and material calculations and evaluations, considerations of HAZOP’s, ATEX and other industry standard requirements.
Good applicants for this position would have come from a Chemical, Pharmaceutical or Food process or production machinery delivery and installation background, with a good appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering principles.
Applicants should also be familiar with CAD and be able to create systems layout diagrams.
This is a great opportunity for a Project Manager to join a large established organisation, where project ownership and delivery responsibility will be offered (Projects Values c£40,000 - £2Million)
Project Manager Requirements:
- A formal qualification in engineering (HND/ Degree) Chemical / Mechanical or Electrical
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design and delivery of process and production machinery
- Good exposure of managing projects on customers sites (Overseas)
- A good knowledge and the ability to use CAD
- A good Mechanical appreciation of ancillary equipment and components (Pumps, Hydraulics, Power etc.)
- A good working knowledge of reading and creating P&ID’s, PFD’s
- Excellent planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong self-management and project engineering skills
- Willingness to travel at short notice
Benefits of the Project Manager role:
- The company offer a friendly working environment, with flexible working hours and 1pm finishes on Fridays.
- Attractive Salary with annual reviews
- Annual Bonus
- Good Pension
- Company Expenses Account
- Laptop and Mobile Phone
- Good Career Prospects
- International Career Opportunities
This position is commutable from, Birmingham, Coventry Leicester, Oxford, Stafford, Warwick, Wolverhampton, Worcester,
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
A global organisation are now in a position to be looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Officer. They deliver high quality solutions and innovation, and they continue to build on developing products and brands in each product segment, making them one of the fastest growing diversifying companies in their market sector.
They business first started in existence over 100 years ago and continue to move from strength to strength.
As the Environmental Health and Safety Officer, you will be handed responsibility for the development and effective implementation of all Health Safety and Environmental policies and procedures throughout the plant. You will also be given facilities management responsibility.
- Ensure legal and contractual compliance of all HS&E requirements
- Ensure ISO 14001 compliance
- Conduct internal and external audits to ensure compliance to ISO 14001
- Develop and implement a plan to enhance compliance, performance and services
- REACH – Administration of supplier information and upkeep of REACH database
- Develop the organisation’s safety management systems and Health and Safety policies
- Assist with risk assessments
- Record results of Health and Safety risks
- Submit RIDDOR reports
- Report to relevant committee in relation to accidents and incidents
- Update Fire Risk assessments
- Deliver training
- Management of Plant facility records (PPM system)
- Management of company’s site facilities, control contractors, waste management and servicing
- NEBOSH / IOSH General Certificate
- To have gained your experience from preferably manufacturing
- ISO 9001 and / or ISO 13485 awareness
- Member of Environmental body such as IEMA
- Internal and external auditing experience
- Contractor management negotiations
- A superb communicator
- Proactive, hands-on approach
- Superb working environment
- Unique manufacturing products
- Consistently busy, offering long-term stability
- Excellent Pension and Holidays
The role is commutable from Worcester, Redditch, Leamington Spa, Cheltenham and Kidderminster
We are in a position to progress your application immediately & interviews are looking to be completed ASAP
Probe Technical Recruitment, Manufacturing & Production Recruitment Specialists since 1994
Based in the Birmingham area, the organisation supply into a wide range of industries across the whole of the UK, delivering high quality and fabrication at the best possible prices. Huge investment has gone into this facility, to ensure that they can guarantee quality throughout the entire project.
They have been established for many years, working with all different types of industries, such as offshore oil and gas, renewable energy, nuclear and aerospace. This is a growing business, offering plenty of growth and stability.
- Set and Operate CNC Milling Machines
- Supporting the Section Leader with Work order scheduling and job priority progression
- Improving the efficiency of operations
- Active participation in continuous improvement activities
- Experience with Setting and Operating CNC Milling machines
- Any programming skills would be highly advantageous
- Fanuc controls
- £12 / £16 Per Hour
- Immediate Start
This would suit someone who is looking to settle into a permanent role.
Probe Technical Recruitment, Manufacturing & Production Recruitment Specialists since 1994
Due to structured growth we are seeking to recruit a Day Shift Reliability & Lubrication Engineer to join our team of reliability professionals.
In return for your maintenance, lubrication & reliability engineering skills and experience, we offer a negotiable starting salary in the region of £27,000 - £35,000, plus company pension & genuine industry accredited training and a real career path, as part of our growing business which offers you the opportunity to join an organisation that plays a vital role in keeping key industry sectors in operation.
Duties of a Maintenance Reliability & Lubrication Engineer
As a Reliability Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to manage critical lubrication stocks, undertake lubrication and condition monitoring activities such as vibration analysis, thermography and oil analysis on site, which will focus on the use of data collection equipment to identify issues such as machine imbalance, misalignment and poor lubrication.
Requirements of a Maintenance Reliability & Lubrication Engineer
- Ideally you will have gained your maintenance experience of supporting plant within a production, manufacturing or process environment as a mechanically biased maintenance engineer and have a passion for reliability centred maintenance.
- Ideally you will be apprentice trained with formal VA1 accreditation, however as a minimum you must be qualified to a City & Guilds / NVQ standard Mechanically, hold a driving licence and be pc literate with the ability to draft base technical reports.
This is a great opportunity to move your maintenance career into the world of reliability centered maintenance where you will be given the opportunity to acquire a realm of reliability focused training and accreditation.
The role is commutable from Cambridge, Kettering, Huntingdon, Northampton, Peterborough & St Neots
Probe Technical Recruitment, Celebrating 26 Years of Maintenance Engineering Recruitment Excellence