This vacancy has arisen within this businesses R&D department for an experienced Product Engineer, providing life-cycle support of existing products.
The main function of the role is to evaluate and implement design change requests, looking at how to make them more efficient, re-drawing AutoCAD designs in Solidworks.
This is a great opportunity within clients centre of excellence, which is privately owned, with operations in 20 countries.
They currently have a number of patents, world firsts and are committed to continuous product development on a concurrent engineering basis.
Salary / Package:
- Bonus £5,000 per year
- Free life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Possible relocation assistance
- Preparing, maintaining and revision control of 3D CAD models, drawings and BOM’s using SolidWorks and Keytech PLM software
- Updating and correcting CAD modelling errors in legacy SolidWorks Drawings, Parts and Assemblies, Re-drawing legacy AutoCAD designs in SolidWorks
- Provide CAD draughting support to Research and Development Engineers
- Work closely with and support other departments (Production, Production Engineering, Purchasing, Quality) and suppliers to improve existing designs with respect to design for manufacture and assembly
- Provide assistance to other departments and suppliers to help solve technical problems during manufacture and assembly
- Oversee validation testing required during the design change process and summarise results in a technical report, provide input to new product development based on experience of existing products
- Performance of other tasks as detailed by the Development Manager - Mechanical and/or the Technical Director.
- HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical and/or Production Engineering or related subject or relevant experience in lieu
- Excellent practical experience in 3D CAD is essential, preferably using SolidWorks
- Experience in PLM Systems and document revision control
- Familiar with the principles of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience in a product development and product manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of special materials such as austenitic and Duplex stainless steels, hastelloy, titanium, tantalum etc. would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of permanent joining methods such as welding, brazing, adhesive bonding etc and knowledge of manufacturing processes such as casting, injection moulding, machining, fabrication, forming etc.
Commutable from Milton Keynes, Leicester, Peterborough, Rugby, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough, Banbury, Market Harborough, St Neots