For over 60 years, this business has been constantly evolving their product portfolio to meet the demands and ever-changing needs for some of the world’s largest industries. From the design of their first ever product, the business has sustained manufacturing excellence, setting the industry standard & today they operate from a purpose built, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Northampton, where they routinely design and develop system solutions for bespoke applications.
The business wishes to recruit a Development and Applications Engineer to grow the strength of the Applications and Product Development team and assist company growth plans as the recent technology, will add new products to its portfolio and further strengthen its position in the market.
Development and Application Engineers provide technical solutions to customer enquiries and study, research and develop ideas for new products and methods used to make them. Working on a wide range of machinery, and test rigs of bespoke design that must be functional and reliable, easy and safe to use, including modifying existing products or processes to increase efficiency or improve performance.
- Support the Chief Applications Engineer in providing timely response to new application and product enquiries.
- Produce innovative designs/ideas and create workable and cost-effective solutions.
- Assist in new product development and product improvement activities including brainstorming, design, analysis, supplier selection and testing.
- Create 3D CAD conceptual designs and 2D drawings.
- Collaborate with manufacturing, assembly and testing to build in-house R&D test rigs for new product development.
- The ability to conduct test schedules, document the results and present these findings clearly.
- Work on short and long-term projects both in managing, documenting and performing the project activities.
- The selection and specification of suitable equipment suppliers and processes.
- A 2.1 degree in Mechanical Engineering with Aerospace/Automotive/Energy/Oil & Gas background together with a minimum of three years industry experience.
- Ability to use CAD (preferably Creo Elements or SolidWorks) and FEA (preferably Ansys Workbench) tools.
- Ability to perform hand calculations for preliminary design, sizing and stress assessment of static and rotating components.
- Material selection and knowledge of conventional manufacturing processes.
- Ability to create and interpret engineering drawings and GD&T.
- Good understanding of Strength of Materials, Fatigue, Vibrations and Rotor dynamics.
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) skills.
Package, Benefits and Hours
- Salary £34,000 - £40,000, negotiable dependant on experience
- Excellent contractual benefits package to include contributory pension scheme, death in service and health insurance, together with a non-contractual annual profit share bonus
- 33 days holiday
- 37 hours per week - Monday to Thursday 08:30am – 17:15pm, Fridays 08:30am – 12:30pm
Commutable From: Northampton, Leicester, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Banbury