For over 60 years, this business has been constantly evolving their product portfolio to meet the demands and ever-changing needs for some of the world’s largest industries. From the design of their first ever product, the business has sustained manufacturing excellence, setting the industry standard & today they operate from a purpose built, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Northampton, where they routinely design and develop system solutions for bespoke applications.
The business wishes to recruit a Development and Applications Engineer to grow the strength of the Applications and Product Development team and assist company growth plans as the recent technology, will add new products to its portfolio and further strengthen its position in the market.
Development and Application Engineers provide technical solutions to customer enquiries and study, research and develop ideas for new products and methods used to make them. Working on a wide range of machinery, and test rigs of bespoke design that must be functional and reliable, easy and safe to use, including modifying existing products or processes to increase efficiency or improve performance.
- Support the Chief Applications Engineer in providing timely response to new application and product enquiries.
- Produce innovative designs/ideas and create workable and cost-effective solutions.
- Assist in new product development and product improvement activities including brainstorming, design, analysis, supplier selection and testing.
- Create 3D CAD conceptual designs and 2D drawings.
- Collaborate with manufacturing, assembly and testing to build in-house R&D test rigs for new product development.
- The ability to conduct test schedules, document the results and present these findings clearly.
- Work on short and long-term projects both in managing, documenting and performing the project activities.
- The selection and specification of suitable equipment suppliers and processes.
- A 2.1 degree in Mechanical Engineering with Aerospace/Automotive/Energy/Oil & Gas background together with a minimum of three years industry experience.
- Ability to use CAD (preferably Creo Elements or SolidWorks) and FEA (preferably Ansys Workbench) tools.
- Ability to perform hand calculations for preliminary design, sizing and stress assessment of static and rotating components.
- Material selection and knowledge of conventional manufacturing processes.
- Ability to create and interpret engineering drawings and GD&T.
- Good understanding of Strength of Materials, Fatigue, Vibrations and Rotor dynamics.
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) skills.
Package, Benefits and Hours
- Salary £34,000 - £40,000, negotiable dependant on experience
- Excellent contractual benefits package to include contributory pension scheme, death in service and health insurance, together with a non-contractual annual profit share bonus
- 33 days holiday
- 37 hours per week - Monday to Thursday 08:30am – 17:15pm, Fridays 08:30am – 12:30pm
Commutable From: Northampton, Leicester, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Banbury
Based in the Birmingham area, the organisation supply into a wide range of industries across the whole of the UK, delivering high quality and fabrication at the best possible prices. Huge investment has gone into this facility, to ensure that they can guarantee quality throughout the entire project.
They have been established for many years, working with all different types of industries, such as offshore oil and gas, renewable energy, nuclear and aerospace. This is a growing business, offering plenty of growth and stability.
- Set and Operate CNC Milling Machines
- Supporting the Section Leader with Work order scheduling and job priority progression
- Improving the efficiency of operations
- Active participation in continuous improvement activities
- Experience with Setting and Operating CNC Milling machines
- Any programming skills would be highly advantageous
- Fanuc controls
- £12 / £16 Per Hour
- Immediate Start
This would suit someone who is looking to settle into a permanent role.
Probe Technical Recruitment, Manufacturing & Production Recruitment Specialists since 1994
An organisation that has a proud history of manufacturing high quality products is currently seeking a Manufacturing Planning Manager to oversee the planning and procurement of projects, to ensure a fast-moving manufacturing environment can function effectively.
The company are seeing continued growth throughout 2020 and are looking to expand their operation in 2021, so a leader is required to manage a small team of individuals to ensure the buying and planning activities run smoothly.
Planning Managers Duties:
- Manage Day-to-Day activities of a fast-paced environment by giving direction to team members
- Strive to implement Continuous Improvement processes
- Manage all buying, stock control and spend & pricing functions
- Be creative in development new methods that overcome daily issues and problems
- Good relationship building methods with internal and external parties
- Monitor production in-line with incoming stock levels
- Reduce the holding of stock (JIT)
- Control Materials and Stock from multi sites
- Plan and adapt to future production trends
- Liaise with all senior management and sales teams on a regular basis
- Ensure production release and build dates are planned for to reduce issues
- Manage the order and purchasing systems to maintain smooth delivery and timing
- Develop and built internal MRP Systems
- Controls logistics and production build control
This is great opportunity for an experienced Production Planner to join a friendly, but fast paced manufacturing environment that will offer autonomy and responsibility for delivery and the management of processes.
Candidates applying for this position should have at least 5 years recent experience of Production Planning with exposure to purchasing duties. They should have also worked in a fast-paced manufacturing environment where materials and stock are changing and being replenished on a frequent basis.
Good communication and presentation skills are a must
A formal qualification in manufacturing, engineering or planning would also be desired.
The company will offer a good salary package, pension, 25 Days Holidays and a regular day (Mon- Fri) working pattern.
This could be a great opportunity for someone who has previously worked in either Consumer Goods, Automotive (Interior / Exterior Trim), Aerospace (Cabin / Seating), Marine or Commercial Vehicle (Interiors)
Commutable from: Birmingham, Droitwich, Cannock, Redditch, Solihull, Stourbridge, Worcester, Wolverhampton,
Probe Technical Recruitment, Manufacturing & Production Recruitment Specialists since 1994
A company with a long track record for innovation and offering tailored bespoke solutions to its global customer base, is currently seeking an Electronic Design Engineer to enhance their R&D Team.
As a company they design and develop a range of technical mechatronic products that are often required to work in partnership with other electronic technologies and equipment.
Their own internal team consists of experienced personnel in the areas of Software, Electronic and Product Design and this position will support all of these areas, with a biased toward Electronic Hardware Development, but with daily interaction with Digital, Software and Mechanical applications as well.
The company are currently busy with the development of three new platforms that are required for delivery and testing early 2021, so the team are extremely busy developing and prototyping new technologies to ensure this target can be achieved.
The position will be offered the opportunity to work remotely and on-site for the initial first 6 months, but the role will then be likely to be reverted back to purely on-site working, so applicants should ideally be situated within a 1 hour commuting distance of the office (South Manchester)
Experience of the following would be extremely useful:
- Schematic Layout and PCB
- Good working knowledge of STM32 Cortex M4
- Exposure to Visual Studio, C++, C#, Python, bash
- Good experience in Source Control, e.g. GIT, subversion
- Collaboration tools, e.g. Confluence
- Bluetooth 5 modules & Wi-Fi modules
- USB 3 Type-C including Power Delivery control via STUSB
- Digital/Analog signal conditioning
- Control circuitry, load drivers, stepper motor control
- Design for EMC and other certifications (e.g. CE, LVD, CB, FCC, UL, CCC, etc)
- Capable of ‘bringing up prototype hardware’, and be comfortable using scopes, bus analysers, etc
- Building, testing, debugging prototypes and early production models
- Design of test equipment and procedures for high reliability production of volume parts
- Experience of Windows App, Android, iOS or other mobile application development would be useful
Requirements for the Electronic Design Engineer role:
- A positive attitude is essential as is flexibility, creativity and pragmatism
- Ability to self-manage project work loads
- Good analytical skills
- Problem solving abilities
- The understanding and learning of new technologies
- A degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Experience of developing embedded electronic hardware and software for real-time and mobile systems
The company will offer:
- 37.5 hour working week
- Contributory pension scheme (5%/5%)
- Private Healthcare
- 29 days paid holiday increasing with service
- Death in Service benefit
- Flexibility in working hours
- A friendly relaxed atmosphere where everyone is focused on creating excellent products
- Remote working for the first 6 months
Commutable from: Manchester, Wrexham, Macclesfield, Crewe, Stoke-on-Trent, Liverpool, Runcorn
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
Due to structured growth we are seeking to recruit a Day Shift Reliability & Lubrication Engineer to join our team of reliability professionals.
In return for your maintenance, lubrication & reliability engineering skills and experience, we offer a negotiable starting salary in the region of £27,000 - £35,000, plus company pension & genuine industry accredited training and a real career path, as part of our growing business which offers you the opportunity to join an organisation that plays a vital role in keeping key industry sectors in operation.
Duties of a Maintenance Reliability & Lubrication Engineer
As a Reliability Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to manage critical lubrication stocks, undertake lubrication and condition monitoring activities such as vibration analysis, thermography and oil analysis on site, which will focus on the use of data collection equipment to identify issues such as machine imbalance, misalignment and poor lubrication.
Requirements of a Maintenance Reliability & Lubrication Engineer
- Ideally you will have gained your maintenance experience of supporting plant within a production, manufacturing or process environment as a mechanically biased maintenance engineer and have a passion for reliability centred maintenance.
- Ideally you will be apprentice trained with formal VA1 accreditation, however as a minimum you must be qualified to a City & Guilds / NVQ standard Mechanically, hold a driving licence and be pc literate with the ability to draft base technical reports.
This is a great opportunity to move your maintenance career into the world of reliability centered maintenance where you will be given the opportunity to acquire a realm of reliability focused training and accreditation.
The role is commutable from Cambridge, Kettering, Huntingdon, Northampton, Peterborough & St Neots
Probe Technical Recruitment, Celebrating 26 Years of Maintenance Engineering Recruitment Excellence