A multi-site consumer goods organisation is currently seeking an internal bespoke machinery Design Engineer to design modules for their own manufacturing equipment. The position will have responsibility to design bespoke machinery and robotic cells for a wide range of products.
As an organisation they are continually seeking to expand their capabilities and methods to manufacture as efficiently as possible, and this position will be key to achieve these aims.
- Designing modules for manufacturing equipment.
- Commissioning and project managing the installation of machinery.
- Independently designing bespoke machinery and or robotic cells for manufacturing a wide range of products.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues at other company sites to design automated machinery specific to the manufacturing capabilities required at each site.
- The role will be proactive and innovative in-regards to offering more efficient factory processes.
- Depending on experience the individual will have to follow projects from conception to commissioning.
- Flexibility to travel to other local sites will be required.
The right Design Engineer for this role will have the following attributes:
- Be fully conversant with 3D CAD with proven experience of designing automated production machinery, incorporating pneumatics, servos and hydraulics.
- Degree or similar qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- Will be experienced in the application of robotics.
- Must be capable of working independently when required but also within a team developing innovative automated machinery and processes and seeing these projects through from concepts to fully functioning production equipment.
- Must be willing to get involved with the factory floor to work with teams to overcome issues and problems. (This role will not be entirely office based to understand the manufacturing challenges that require the automation and to enable the implementation of the finished equipment.)
- As well as design the individual will have to project manage entire projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and IT literate.
- Ability to work under pressure, with excellent organisational skills.
- Experience of designing, building and commissioning bespoke automated machinery.
- The ideal candidate will have experience within packaging, food or manufacturing industries.
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on Designer with a Machinery background, who understands the needs and issues of fast manufacturing processes.
We are working on behalf of a technology-focused company, specializing in control system design, install and commissioning & they have been supporting end users and mechanical system integrators for several years and over this time have become a specialist in automated systems.
They are now looking to strengthen and reinforce the team, with a Junior Electrical Design Engineer, ideally suited to someone looking for the next challenge in their career. The right candidate will take ownership of the electrical design for the ongoing development of new and existing systems.
On a day to day basis, perform electrical design activities associated with the delivery of projects, to end users and partners, from project launch to handover on site.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Interpret design input information to produce electrical control panel/ system designs based on the current ISO, EN, and BS standards
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design/safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, installation designs and drawing.
- Design & production of electrical layouts & schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
- Ongoing management of Bill of Materials to support project and spares procurement
- Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files and participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings, providing technical support to other departments, as required
- Operate in accordance to the company’s ISO 9001 policy
This is a rewarding position, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a highly professional team looking to innovate and drive performance.
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Ideally educated to Degree level, or a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including electrical design and commissioning would be highly advantageous
- Familiar with 415v motor drive systems, soft starts, and inverter drives and familiar with 24v DC motor drive systems would be useful
- Previous use of AutoCAD (EPLAN would be very useful)
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
Hours and Benefits:
- £23,000 - £33,000 dependant on experience
- Flexi time working, 37.5 hours per week
- Health insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Performance based bonus
Commutable From: Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield
Quantity Surveyor (Infrastructure)
We are currently working with a company that operates nationwide, providing integrated consultancy services for major infrastructure and development schemes and has a reputation of designing and delivering some of the most complex projects in the UK.
They have a proven track record of delivery in residential, commercial, retail, public and infrastructure sectors, with significant project experience in planning, designing and delivering strategic highways and bridges, flood alleviation works, transport plans, major utility installations, high rise buildings, new towns, schools/leisure centres, public buildings and business parks.
Their teams are structured to provide efficient, cost effective and dynamic advice, often against challenging timescales and with significant complexities.
The Role within the company will require an enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated individual with a junior or experienced background working as a Quantity Surveyor in recent times.
This is a great opportunity for a successful candidate to join the business in a role offering the prospect to work with experienced Quantity Surveyors and Project Consultants and provide a wide range of development consultancy services.
- Viability Analysis.
- Commercial and Contract Advice.
- Contract Administration.
- Cost Planning and Reporting.
The Quantity Surveyor position will offer the chance to work on some of the largest development programmes in the UK, taking the project lead and driving forward the key stages of project design and delivery.
Based in the organisations building in Southwest Birmingham, the position will liaise and work with other parties and travel when needed to visit and support projects throughout their delivery stages and lifecycles.
- A formal Qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Fully conversant with MS office – Word, Excel Outlook, Project
- Some recent exposure of Quality Management Systems
- 12 – 18 months post qualification sector experience
If you are looking to progress your career in a driven environment working on nationally significant development and infrastructure projects and are looking to extend your experience within the field of QS, please get in touch.
Civil Engineer (Infrastructure projects)
A Civil Engineer is required for a Birmingham based Consultancy
We are working with an organisation that provides consultancy services related to major nationwide infrastructure schemes, with a strong successful track record for the delivery of projects in Commercial, Residential, Public and the Retail sectors. They have vast experience within infrastructure - planning, designing, and delivering highways and bridges, flood elevation works, transport plans, major utility installations, schools, public buildings, and business parks.
Their team is structured to provide efficient, cost effective and dynamic advice, often against challenging timescales and with significant complexities.
This role is seeking a Civil Engineer who can provide support in the following:-
Design a variety of infrastructure schemes as well as liaising with clients in the following disciplines:
- Highway design both preliminary and detailed.
- Drainage design both strategic and detailed.
- Design of foul pumping stations, SUDS, flow control structures and balancing facilities.
- Residential and commercial external works design including earthworks assessments.
Experience with the following Equipment:
- Previous experience within a Mechanical and electrical position
- Previous experience within a Manufacturing / FMCG Environment
- Proven mechanical abilities
- Apprentice trained holding a formal qualification in mechanical engineering.
- The job holder should be able to work on any piece of equipment within the production department in which he is based to undertake a variety of planned preventative maintenance tasks on all machines.
- To resolve mechanical breakdowns on all equipment within the production departments quickly and efficiently.
- To 'fine-tune' equipment after a changeover to maximise performance efficiencies.
- To be able to program and understand all the functions of microprocessor-controlled equipment.
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance activities as appropriate.
- Apprentice trained
- Formal qualification in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering – HNC / City & Guilds
- Experience with: Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Welding abilities and Milling and Turning, Conveyor systems, Motors and Drives,
- Previous experience within a Manufacturing organisation
Shift: Double Days – 6am till 2pm – 2pm till 10pm
Salary: £34,000 / £35,000
Benefits: 5% Pension Scheme, 30days holiday, Parking on site, Canteen
We are currently recruiting for a Service Engineer – Electrically Biased
(Gas Safe Registered would be at an advantage)
- Previous experience within a Site Engineer position – proven experience conducting electrical and mechanical work
- Fault finding abilities is a must
- Experience in Industrial electrical engineering / maintenance is essential to this role.
- Experience with: PLC’s, Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Motors, Drives, Inverters, Conveyor systems, Pumps and Gearboxes
- Apprentice trained holding a formal qualification within Electrical engineering /
- Qualified to 17th / 18th edition
Flexibility is key as there may be a call out Rota in place
We are currently recruiting for a Workshop Bench Engineer / Fitter
- Previous and proven experience within a Similar position within a Manufacturing organisation
- Must hold experience with the following: Pumps, Motors, Hear-boxes, Fan Units and Rotating machinery
- Apprentice trained holding a Full Engineering qualification
- This individual will be required to assist all workshop or site engineers /
- Good Communication skills and Decision-making skills
Ideally we need this individual to hold experience within FMCG / Food / Manufacturing organisations.
Essential to this role is proven experience within a Similar position.