You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Mechanical Design Engineer
We are seeking a Mechanical Designer to join a technology company and be part of a great opportunity to join a small and dedicated team of engineers and scientists, designing technically advanced instrumentation that is widely recognised across the globe.
- The successful candidate will be expected to embrace the opportunity for significant and rapid career development by accepting an increasing level of overall responsibility for product design and project management that would not necessarily be available within a larger organisation.
- In addition to complex and challenging design work from concept through to medium volume manufacture, it will be expected that the standard drawing office requirements for build standard control and change note implementation are undertaken.
- The role of design engineer, on occasion, may also require product and customer support anywhere in the world and in challenging offshore locations - so a willingness to travel at short notice will be needed.
- The right candidate for this role will be expected to demonstrate a sound and comprehensive knowledge of fundamental engineering principles. They will be able to demonstrate a good ability to engineer a product with the support of 3D CAD and understand the requirements of getting each of the development and design phases right before moving to the production stages.
The company prides itself on that its technical staff: scientists, software, electronics and mechanical engineers, all work closely together to produce innovative and cutting-edge scientific instrumentation for their customers around the world;
and as a team they ensure necessary technical documentation and supporting procedures are adhered to, so it is essential that any prospective candidate can show evidence of having produced component & assembly drawings to a recognised standard.
- Applicants should be degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering (2.1 or higher) & ideally have at least 2 years
- Have experience working as a Design Engineer in an engineering environment.
- Be confident in producing and reading standard engineering drawings to high mechanical engineering standards.
- Have had exposure of working to Quality, Build and Safety Standards within Design.
- Good Communication Skills and the ability to present to other departments, customers and suppliers.
The company often undertakes defence contracting work for companies; therefore, candidates must be suitable for SC security clearance with the UK Ministry of Defence and must hold a UK passport.
- Circa £35k to £35K basic annual salary depending upon the level of relevant experience, reviewed annually at staff appraisals.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Life assurance scheme.
- 25 days annual leave, plus public holidays.
- Normal working week 37.5 hours, 8:00 - 8:30am to 4:00 - 4:30pm Monday to Friday
If this role is of interest to you, then please send your CV ASAP.