Position: PDI Technician
Shift: Days 8-4
Benefits: Overtime, Pension, Holiday
Location: NG33 5PU
Probe Technical recruitment is recruiting for a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) Technician in centre of South Witham. You will have to perform inspections of the machinery before the machines are shipped to their customers. Secondly the PDI centre customises machines to customers’ request. This customization includes adding basic options to the machines. You would be working within a team of 12 on the site.
The Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) Technician is responsible for the daily routine PDI tasks given by the Site Manager. Maintain and inspect the allocated tools needed to support each task to ensure safety. General maintenance of work area, ensuring it is tidy and clean. Any other tasks allocated to ensure safe and efficient running of the working areas.
Duties and responsibility for PDI Technician:
- Carry out a robust PDI and EPDI-inspection on all machines using an IT based process from start to finish prior to customer accepting delivery according to high quality standards.
- Thorough examination and certification – Perform mandatory inspections on AWP machinery to LOLER standard.
- Willingness to performs other site/warehousing duties (loading/unloading of delivery vehicles) as assigned.
- Assist the business by contributing reliable, on-time performance on a daily basis.
- To adhere to safety working practices and ensure that they are followed at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a team environment.
- Ensure compliance and procedures and remain compliant with all local laws and requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with fellow Team Members
- Inform appropriate TM of any defective or unsafe equipment
Skills and experience for PDI Technician:
- Semi-skilled with technical ability (understanding of Lean manufacturing principles is a plus).
- Hydraulic experience is an advantage
- Associated mechanical/technical engineering background.
- Ability and willingness to undergo in-house training on all products.
- Flexible, with strong teamwork orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- Disciplined and flexible
- Cultural awareness to secure smooth cooperation and communication with team members
- Must be able to work at heights
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement.
This is a great opportunity for an individual that wants to grow within a company and move in to the external sales team (repairing platforms at customer sites) or other parts of the organisation.