An excellent opportunity exists for a finance analyst within Grantham Finance team of a global business.
The Financial Analyst's duties will will role will include financial close, reporting, analysis and planning work, as well as interaction with business managers across the EMEA region acting as their finance support for all matters.
Main Financial Analyst Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Financial Close - ensuring correct recording for the P&L and Balance Sheet accounts for the period, understanding key variances to budget, latest forecast and prior periods.
- Financial Reporting to include Management Accounts & Dashboard showing KPIs for issuance to the business managers across EMEA
- Financial Planning - Working with budget holders to prepare budgets on an annual basis and subsequent interim forecasts throughout the year.
- Compliance - To perform audit testing and provide ongoing support to the business in ensuring compliance within the service business, with a focus on the key area’s of stock control and revenue recognition.
- Acting as Business Partner to business managers to assist with understanding of the Reports & Dashboards
- Ad hoc duties, including systems training and support to service personnel
Financial Analyst Specification
Education/Skills Experience and Personal Attributes:
- previous experience as Financial Analyst, Assistant Accounatnt or similar.
- Part- Qualified Accountant or AAT level qualified or equivalent - or Qualified by experience
- Highly confident user of Excel
- Possess good numerical, accuracy and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines during busy periods
- Sage or similar ERP experience
- Experience of Stock/Inventory valuation and reconciliation