You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
PROJECT ENGINEER (METAL FABRICATION)
This is a flourishing company with over 50 years of experience. A company globally respected for delivering well-engineered, reliable engineering solutions that continue to anticipate dramatically changing industrial needs.
They supply everything from single machines to fully integrated engineering solutions and they manufacture in both stainless steel and mild steel, producing durable equipment for every material and eliminating the risk of contamination, where necessary. What sets them apart is their ability to design and build truly bespoke solutions for a specific application.
Management of specific sales contracts and projects, within agreed time constraints and budgets, and operating to clients Standard Operating Procedures.
- Take over responsibility for managing sales contracts once an order is received, through to dispatch of products and / or services and hand back to sales team for final follow up. Ensure a complete contract specification is handed over to your team.
- Co-ordination of activities between internal groups of sales, manufacturing, procurement, planning, engineering process and quality departments. Arrange contract review and ensure timely sign off and feedback to the customer.
- Compilation, maintenance & communication of the project plan including resource loading. Liaise with the planning and scheduling function to ensure resource and skills are available to meet customer needs.
- Maintain direct communication with internal and external customers regarding deliveries and any other pertinent information.
- Liaise with the Sales and Engineering functions to produce 2D CAD drawings for new machine sales both at the point of quoting and at order. Use the company-wide ERP system (Epicor) to manage Orders, projects and information flow in and out of the department.
- The role requires a mixture of skills including CAD design and customer liaison. The project engineer should have demonstrated experience with 2D CAD (AutoCAD) and be able to take site drawings and convert these into plant layouts
- As part of the project management department there will be a requirement to drive the production schedule in order to provide assistance and cover to the Production Scheduling function.
- The project engineer should have demonstrated experience in an engineering and manufacturing environment - preferably with engineered metal fabricated equipment.
- Clients products are of low to medium volume and high levels of variability in specification. They aim to utilise appropriate lean methodologies that fit this business model. Experience with this type of structure is highly beneficial.
- The role will be primarily office based, however may involve some travel to suppliers and customers as required to liaise with other departments as appropriate, to ensure the timely completion of contracts and projects within budget and provision of technical input. Maintaining financial accountability (utilising accounts) of the relevant projects for reporting purposes. A range of objectives and KPl’s from short to long term will apply.
- The role requires the use of the following software: Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD 2D, Epicor (ERP)
Package and Benefits:
- Salary £28,000 - £29,000 (negotiable)
- 6% employer contributory pension
- Death in Service, 4x annual salary
- 30 days, including statutory, rising to 33 days
- Company performance bonus
Commutable From: Peterborough, Boston, Stamford, Wisbech, Market Deeping