This business has 80 plus years of experience, specialising in the manufacturing of robust and reliable world-class handling equipment, exporting across the globe. Their range covers single machines up to full bespoke systems.
The company’s portfolio and capabilities have expanded significantly since they were established, with further major developments taking place, their forward order book remains strong, with a very positive year expected in 2021.
Design Engineer Role Function
The Design Engineer will be producing high quality production drawings for both in-house and sub-contract manufacture, as well as updating and improving current designs for existing equipment.
The role includes liaison with the company’s sales team and customer base to finalise specifications
- The Design Engineer will have a 3D design proficiency, preferably Solidworks, Inventor will be considered
- You will have proven experience within one of the following; material handling industry, machinery design, conveyor design or food processing equipment design
- A keen eye for detail
- An awareness of manufacturing implications and costs
- Excellent communication skills
- £25,000 - £30,000
Commutable From: Boston, Skegness, Coningsby, Lincoln
Probe Technical Recruitment, a R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
A global recognised provider of complete turn-key mechanical solutions, who specialise in the innovative design of bespoke equipment that is used in a variety of industries sectors, including those that operate in harsh conditions and environments, are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer.
The company currently has strong confirmed orders from their customers to complete bespoke complete projects and programmes throughout 2021 and beyond. They offer a dynamic and varied workload for their R&D Team, that requires a range of mechanical engineering principles and design (CAD) skills to achieve the successful completions of projects.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role will incorporate:
An experience Mechanical minded engineer who has had a proven recent history of designing and developing mechanical equipment that has incorporated forged and casted parts and components, mechanical mechanism, hand calculations, material analysis and strong 3D CAD skills (Ideally Solidworks or Inventor)
They should also be highly motivated and organised with the ability to manage and run their own projects with minimal supervision.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role is focused on the creation of products in line with customer requirements and budget. This requires large amount of communication with Customers, Sales, Procurement and Manufacturing. The role will be required to provide updates to customers and host design reviews internally and externally, visiting sites where necessary. During commissioning / build phases the role will be expected to support manufacturing to answer questions regarding assembly, operation and testing. Additionally, working with the Sales team the role may have to scope out prospective projects and comment on timings.
- Salary - £40,000 - £45,000
- 25 Days Hols + Stats
- Project Ownership
- You will be expected to work in line with the business Quality Management System (QMS) with a focus on continuous improvement of the company and products.
- Design, development and specification of new and existing products where typical design requirements include:
- Load bearing components.
- Specification of pressure control components (valves, pumps and pipework etc)
- Specification and integration of standard components (e.g., bearings, actuators etc)
- Electric / Hydraulic / Pneumatic actuation
- Lifting & Handling points
- Tooling & Fixtures
The role will also require you to:
- To ensure designs conform to industry, customer and company standards.
- Select suitable materials, surface finishes, coatings etc for the products intended use.
- Carry out regular design reviews with the team and/or customer.
- Analyse designs using suitable tools and liaise with third party design verification company.
- Carry out value engineering to engineer cost out of the products.
- Output accurate models, drawings, BOM’s and other technical documents to customers, both internal and external.
- Check & sign off drawings in line with relevant drawing standards.
- Carry out engineering changes using revision control procedures.
- Manage non-conformances.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
- A formal Mechanical Engineering Qualification (Degree / HND)
- Strong 2D & 3D CAD Modelling & Drafting Skills (SolidWorks preferred)
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards: (PED, PD5500, EN13445, ASME 8, EN10204 training provided as appropriate)
- Some knowledge of FE Analysis
- Ability to carry out hand calculations (force, torque, bending moments, hoop stress, shear stress etc.).
- Usage of Document Management Systems (Solidworks PDM Professional preferred).
- A good knowledge of materials, coatings and finishes including stainless and carbon steels, structural steels, elastomers and performance plastics.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes; machining, welding, surface treatments etc.
- Be able to communicate effectively regarding matters of a technical nature to customers.
- Experience working with bespoke systems / machine design and manufacture.
- Design of electro-mechanical systems, hydraulics and pneumatics or associated supply.
This is a great opportunity to work within a small team and be accountable for the complete product lifecycle of projects and programmes. The company offers their customers innovative bespoke solutions for their needs which in turn gives its workforce a good variety of projects from tabletop systems to multi ton heavy duty machinery.
Commutable from, Bolton, Manchester, Oldham, Preston, Wigan
Probe Technical Recruitment, a Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Specialists since 1994
We currently have a great opportunity for a suitable engineer to join a design and manufacturer of control systems. The organisation considers themselves to be agile and highly innovative, embracing their technology to introduce custom solutions for their blue-chip customer base. As a company they have a strong family culture which provides a positive working environment where employees feel valued and trusted.
Due to the organisation doubling in size over the last five years and growing its presence in their international markets and across key applications in a myriad of industries. A new position for an Application Support Engineer has been created.
As part of the UK Safety Application Support Team, you will become the first point of call for technical queries pre- and post-sale. Your personable, action orientated style, will deliver fast resolution to customer queries through your own technical skills and pulling on internal knowledge. This is a role aimed at individuals with relevant engineering skills and with some appropriate industry experience, however recently qualified engineers with 6 months+ experience will be considered. You will receive training and mentorship as you learn about all areas of the business through your role.
Graduate Application Engineer Responsibilities
- Respond to technical enquiries through internal platforms to deliver excellent service to customers, providing both pre- and post-technical sales support.
- Contribute to technical investigations as they support their customers, working closely with Engineering Design, Customer Solutions and Sales.
- Develop key knowledge on organisations product range, with understanding of key applications.
- Contribute to and create new ways to keep customers informed on products as they develop new materials, training and services.
- Contribute to a culture of process improvement within the Safety Application Support team.
- Relevant engineering qualification at higher education level (HND / Degree) in Electronic Engineering.
- Relevant industry experience preferred – 6 months+
- Approachable and personable style with good presentation and communication skills
- A strong culture fit – with a bias for action, accountability and teamwork
- Willingness to travel (International)
The Application Support Engineer will be involved in all areas of customer liaison, whilst working closely with other internal departments, giving a successful applicant the opportunity to develop a career that offers variety and fast track career progression.
Applicants with 6 months+ working experience post-Graduation in Electronics or Mechatronics would be suitable to apply for this role.
The company offers excellent benefits and bonuses, based on both individual and company performance and has a strong track record of developing individuals with career progression opportunities.
- £25,000 - £28,000
- 25 Days Hols + Bank Holidays
- Early Finish on Fridays
Commutable from – Birmingham, Coventry, Telford, Lichfield, Stafford, Derby
For more information, please contact mevia email or call me on 0121 321 4310
Probe Technical Recruitment, a R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
A global player in the field of specialist process and production machinery are currently seeking a Project Manager to join their project post-sales systems design and installation team.
The company have a strong track record of offering their customers a complete turn-key service of providing state-of-the-art machinery and the project management of the delivery and installation of orders to customers sites, including managing plant design, process monitoring, control and automation, mechanical and electrical engineering, steelwork design, abatement systems and extraction systems installation.
Often working to busy project schedules, the team will take responsibility for the final installation and assembly of the final order - Dry Commissioning, Wet Commissioning and finally Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)
The position will report to the Managing Director and will be based from the organisations West Midlands office, but regular travel to Europe and further a field will also play a major part of the role at certain points of projects.
The position will be Project Engineering orientated and will incorporate a wide range of activities, including project planning, plant and process machinery layout design - PFD and P&ID, proposals and feasibility studies, supplier liaison, sub-contractor management, mechanical and material calculations and evaluations, considerations of HAZOP’s, ATEX and other industry standard requirements.
Good applicants for this position would have come from a Chemical, Pharmaceutical or Food process or production machinery delivery and installation background, with a good appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering principles.
Applicants should also be familiar with CAD and be able to create systems layout diagrams.
This is a great opportunity for a Project Manager to join a large established organisation, where project ownership and delivery responsibility will be offered (Projects Values c£40,000 - £2Million)
Project Manager Requirements:
- A formal qualification in engineering (HND/ Degree) Chemical / Mechanical or Electrical
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design and delivery of process and production machinery
- Good exposure of managing projects on customers sites (Overseas)
- A good knowledge and the ability to use CAD
- A good Mechanical appreciation of ancillary equipment and components (Pumps, Hydraulics, Power etc.)
- A good working knowledge of reading and creating P&ID’s, PFD’s
- Excellent planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong self-management and project engineering skills
- Willingness to travel at short notice
Benefits of the Project Manager role:
- The company offer a friendly working environment, with flexible working hours and 1pm finishes on Fridays.
- Attractive Salary with annual reviews
- Annual Bonus
- Good Pension
- Company Expenses Account
- Laptop and Mobile Phone
- Good Career Prospects
- International Career Opportunities
This position is commutable from, Birmingham, Coventry Leicester, Oxford, Stafford, Warwick, Wolverhampton, Worcester,
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
An industry leading, agricultural equipment and machinery manufacturer is currently seeking a Sales Executive to grow their business in the North of England and Wales region. The company designs and manufactures a rage of capital equipment for use in the agricultural industry. They pride themselves on quality and consider themselves industry leaders in this respect. The Sales Executive will be establishing a dealer network in the area as well as selling direct to farmers across the region.
In return for your knowledge and success as a Sales Executive you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary of up to £30,000 plus an uncapped commission plan. This company’s top performers are earning in excess of £60,000 with commission.
Further benefits include a company car, mobile phone, laptop, 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays) and a home office.
- Establishing a dealer network across the region
- Managing customer queries including quotes and requests for demonstrations
- The Sales Executive will be representing the company at various industry events
- Maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Meeting and exceeding financial targets
- At least 1 years’ experience within the agricultural industry, ideally within the territory
- Some knowledge of machinery/capital equipment sales
- Willingness to travel across the region on a daily basis
- Can-do attitude and a desire for success
- A full UK driving licence