This opportunity is for an experienced toolmaker, who is time served or apprentice trained, that is looking for a new challenge in a highly successful company that manufacture plastic injection moulded products that are supplied into the food and building industry; industries that remain successful during this challenging time.
This highly successful toolmaker will be joining the currently successful toolroom team where they will be reporting into the toolroom supervisor.
Applications are welcomed from those who are currently or have previously worked as a toolmaker, who are familiar with toolroom machinery and are wiling to work an afternoon shift.
In exchange for their skills, the toolmaker will receive:
- A Competitive package
- 33 days holiday
- Free on-site parking
Key Roles & Responsibilities for the toolmaker:
- Maintain and repair mould machine tools
- Prove tooling
- Run fault diagnostics
- Work alongside other staff to understand tooling issues
- Tool making
- Work on hot runners
- To work with a right first-time approach
Skills Required for the Toolmaker:
- Sufficient self-starter with an ability to problem solve
- Plastic injection mould toolmaking background
- Ideally apprentice trained or a time served toolmaker
- Experienced with toolroom machinery such as lathes and grinders
- Able to read engineers drawings
- Understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Experience with CNC Machining centre would be beneficial (not essential)
If you are hardworking, reliable, and able to work under minimal supervision please apply today.
Commutable from Oakham, Stamford, Melton Mowbray, Grantham.
Probe Technical Recruitment, Manufacturing & Production Recruitment Specialists since 1994
Working with the relevant design, manufacturing and purchasing teams and reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for providing full cost analysis of each new and existing machine. You will also be required to identify and execute significant cost down opportunities in fabricated assemblies, bought-in components and machine build efficiencies.
Value Engineer Hours and Salary
- Salary - £35,000
- 37.5 hours, Monday - Friday
Value Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Full cost analysis of existing products including standard Bills of Material, standard and non-standard options
- Support new product development with costing analysis. Cost analysis / target pricing on all new and modified products
- Provide forecasted costs for all machines using established costing templates. Creation of standard component engineering / cost libraries
- Analyse and compare welding fabrications with regard to new designs. Review all sub-assemblies in terms of materials and labour costs
- Work with the manufacturing and finance teams to identify sectional BoMs. Will be a key driver in cost down projects in the department.
- Support Product Managers in generating pricing, Price Book updates as needed, support the engineering team as requested by the engineering manager
- Analysis of Purchase Price Variance and maintain cost trackers. Identify opportunities for value engineering or process efficiencies within existing as well as new product
Value Engineer Person Specification
- Engineering degree or evidence of equivalent (ideally)
- Proven experience of machine cost analysis, and proven ability to manipulate data and generate cost models
- Experience of heavy equipment would be a distinct advantage
- Strong computer skills especially MS excel. Strong planning and execution skills
- The ability to prioritise work and thrive in a fast-moving business to meet tight deadlines
- Good English communication skills, both written and spoken, good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges & cultures
This Value Engineer is commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Burton upon Trent, Coventry, Tamworth
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
Starting from humble beginnings over 30 years ago, this business has grown to be known as a specialist and successful manufacturer and supplier to hundreds of customers and projects in the residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
Over this period, they have invested significantly in plant and resource so that they have the best in manufacturing processes and supply operation.
Salary, Hours and Benefits
- £30,000 - £40,000
- Between 40 – 45 hours per week, to be discussed
- Company bonus
- Great career progression for the right individual
- Easy, accessible location in Leicester
- Competitive pension
- Onsite Parking
- Christmas shutdown
Production Scheduler Role Responsibilities
As a Production Scheduler you will be responsible for the organisation of how the company manufactures items, distributes product and utilises labour. Duties will also include:
- Effectively plan and schedule Works Orders through the factory to ensure that the scheduling process is delivering maximum productivity.
- Constantly monitoring the schedule, ensuring workstations are not being overloaded.
- Manipulation of schedule dates, to ensure correct loading and meeting of customer demands, communicating with sales team on any changes.
- Ensuring resource is available for schedule or organising suitable subcontract process.
- You will be involved in developing the scheduling process, through looking at ways of improving and streamlining the current scheduling mode.
- Be a key member of the production team, that is looking to deliver high quality product, on time every time.
Production Scheduler Candidate Requirements
- It is essential that you have experience of working in a fast moving, time critical, ever changing, customer service focused environment.
- Can prioritise demands and work under pressure.
- Work to deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and deliver effective interaction with all internal and external stakeholders. You will have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders and ensure best practice prevails.
- Must demonstrate proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Must be able to work flexible hours when required to meet customer demands.
Commutable From: Leicester, Coventry, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Rugby, Tamworth
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
Due to growth, a reputable, Leicestershire based Manufacturer who supplies into Utilities, Medical & Automotive Industries, requires an experienced machinist skilled with EDM – Setting, Operating and Programming to join the team to help fulfil a continued and growing workbook. Having remained open and successful throughout COVID-19, this opportunity is not to be missed.
If you are an experienced EDM Setter Operator or machinist experienced with EDM who is looking to use their varied skillset and progress as toolmaker, then apply today.
Offering the successful EDM Setter / Operator / Programmer:
- Early Friday Finish
- Parking on site
- Overtime opportunities
- A variety in projects
- A healthy, pleasant working environment
Skills Required of the EDM Setter / Operator / Programmer:
- Experienced machinist with EDM
- Ability to use CNC die Sink and CNC milling machine
- Capable of using wire EDM, setting and operating and programming with fanuc
- Ability to use hand and bench tools
- Ability to read Engineers drawings
- Quality Inspection skills (Vernier callipers, gauges, micrometers)
Roles and responsibilities of the EDM Setter / Operator / Programmer:
- Setting and operating machinery
- Occasional use of manual machinery
- Assembling of tools
- QI of own works
Commutable from Leicester, Hinckley, Wigston, Lutterworth.
Probe is a leading Technical Engineering Recruitment Consultancy specialising in all aspects of the engineering sector since 1994
Celebrating 26 Years of Engineering Recruitment Excellence
Product Support & Test Technician – Electronics
Based within a small engineering business that is part of a larger European Group, the role will be part of the Test and Development Team that is primary responsible for the development of electronic component parts of the organisation’s product range.
The company has a proud history for always being an innovative leader and for being in recent times, the first to introduce specialist technology to market.
The Product Support Technician will form a key role in this business and an important part of product development process.
Product Support & Test Technician Benefits:
- £25,000 - £35,000
- Pension – Contributions
- 33 Days Holidays
- Career Development
The primary duties of the Product Support & Test Technician will be:
- To maintain technical data systems relating to product design and manufacture.
- To define and introduce new products.
- To provide technical support to other departments within the company.
- To maintain company product and materials specification systems.
- To maintain product data via ERP item master, bill of material and routing files.
- To maintain libraries of technical data relating to products, materials and components.
- To maintain technical equipment and perform product testing.
- Organise manufacture of new product samples.
The Primary Requirements for the Product Support Technician:
- A formal qualification in engineering ONC (NVQ level 3) or above (including basic electronics knowledge).
- Be Self-motivation and have good attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels (both internally and externally)
- Good PC skills, particularly MS Word and MS Excel.
- Experience of basic electronics hand-assembly.
This Product Support & Test Technician role is commutable from: Stowmarket, Thetford, Bury St Edmunds, Braintree, Newmarket
Probe Recruitment is looking to appoint Trainee Recruitment Consultants to join our growing and successful team.
Ideally you will be driven, a quick learner, hardworking and resilient, as these traits will enable a Trainee Recruitment Consultant to quickly build a successful patch and grow their earnings.
Some of the features that a Trainee Recruitment Consultant can expect from working for Probe include:
- An Outstanding Commission Scheme – You could earn up to 30% on the fees that you generate, and you can earn commission on 100% of your billings.
- Highly Competitive Basic Salaries – Commensurate with experience.
- A Structured Career Development Pathway – To Team Manager or Principal level.
- A Highly Knowledgeable Team - You will work with some highly experienced and successful Consultants, some of whom have worked here for over 21 years.
- Reduce Your Daily Commute - If you live in North Birmingham, you could cut the time and cost of going into the city each day.
- Free Car Parking Provided
- Pension & Healthcare Provided – After a short qualifying period.
- An Excellent Working Environment – This is a very friendly office culture, and we adopt a mature approach to KPI management.
- Incentives - We run a regular individual and team-based incentives, where you can win prizes and Michelin Star meals. We also value and reward longevity with long service awards.
If you are a driven individual, ideally with some sales experience, and would like to be become a Trainee Recruitment Consultant, I’d be very keen to discuss this opportunity with you in greater detail.
You can initiate that conversation by applying via this advertisement, or you can call or contact me directly – email@example.com / 0121 321 4311.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Technical Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
Probe Technical Recruitment is looking to recruit a Maintenance Electrician on behalf of a company who has spent a lot of money in investment for the next few years. The role of Maintenance Electrician will be to manage the maintenance and improve all fixed plant and facilities; assist in the preventative maintenance to ensure maximum availability, performance, and quality.
The shifts are 5 on 5 off, 4on 4 off, so work 14 days in a 28-day period and a package of:
- Salary £41,700
- 23 days holiday at 12 hours which is very competitive.
- Company pension – employee 7% / employer 11%
- 8x Death in Service
- Overtime paid at 1.3x
Along with an NVQ Level 3/ ONC/ City & Guilds the ideal Maintenance Electrician must have previous experience with industrial Electrical kit.
The Maintenance Electrician role will include the following:
- To maintain the plant so as to produce product at world class levels of performance, quality and cost
- To maintain the plant through breakdown repair and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives on site to help improve the OEE of the plants.
We are keen to talk to Maintenance Electricians and Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers, and candidates who can commute to Leicester, Loughborough, Nottingham and Derby.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Maintenance, Reliability & Service Recruitment Support since 1994