Company and Role:
This is your chance to work for world leading precision engineering pioneers, who are part of a multi-billion-dollar group.
They continually develop products to meet the ever-increasing demands of next generation technologies, across a range of industries.
Working as part of the businesses R&D team, this role is an exciting hands-on opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplined team on the next generation of innovative main line products.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the design process from cradle to grave including concept generation, design, analysis, testing, manufacturability and post-development support.
The successful candidate will take ownership of work packages and be responsible for designing subsystems and integrating these into the overall product.
Benefits for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Salary is negotiable dependent on experience
You Will Have:
- The desire to work at the forefront of precision engineering innovation
- A track record of being a strong contributor within teams, designing complex mechanisms and drives typically with DC motors in (precision) mechanics, mechatronics or systems engineering
- A desire to take a design and prove its function through prototype, construction, testing, supporting calculations and documentation and production.
- Have a strong “can do” attitude with a hunger to learn and expand their knowledge & capabilities
- Proven experience using a range of 3D CAD technologies
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar technical discipline or a strong technical background
- Experience with 3D CAD (preferably SolidWorks)
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes and design for manufacture
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Passionate about all aspects of new technologies
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the drive & desire to create excellent products
- Good communication & interpersonal skills as this role works closely across cross-functional internal teams
Commutable from Leicester, Loughborough, Nottingham, Tamworth, Derby, Nuneaton, Coventry
This business is a UK leading manufacturer in their field, who are continually progressing.
They are looking for an experienced Construction Manager, essentially, who has steel framed buildings / steel framing construction management experience.
Although there will be an element of site visits, this is not a Site Manager role.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Oversee selection of all subcontractors working on bases and foundations. Manage all subcontractors work schedules/costs and ensure that they have the necessary paperwork
- Control, supervise and manage the end-to-end process from bases through to erection
- Report back to the Drawing Team any errors identified on site visits, base installation or erection
- Track and control the construction schedules for bases and erections and associated costs to achieve completion of projects in the most cost-effective manner and order all concrete for bases team and all plant for erecting teams
- Conduct site visits to accurately measure and quote for customers
- Support the Sales Team with complex quotes using extensive knowledge and the Drawing Team with complex detailing using extensive knowledge
- Ensure all building are erected to the highest standard by carrying out regular reviews of erectors work and checking we deliver exceptional quality, ensuring all customer complaints are managed effectively and escalated internally where required
Essential Skills Required
- Minimum of ten years’ experience, which must include experience within steel framing / steel framed buildings
- Good oral and written communication skills and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage people, planning, prioritisation, organisation and administration
- Computer literate
- Problem solving and ability to manage conflict
- Self-motivated and driven
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Generous holiday allowance
- Casual dress code
- Very social office environment
- Located next to a Train Station – good bus connections also
Salary - £35,000 - £40,000 dependant on experience
Commutable From: Wrexham, Chester, Oswestry, Stafford, Northwich, Stoke on Trent, Market Drayton
This is an excellent opportunity, with a world leading business, for a proven Analysis Engineer, supporting on a battery pack project, for 20 weeks.
This applied science position conducts numerical computations via third party and in-house tools to determine structural performance of components and systems. Evaluates software and methods and provides improvement recommendations. The results from the computer models are used to determine the validity of the design to meet the customer requirements. Design recommendations are then provided as needed.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to present the analysis results to a wide audience
- Experienced in using multi-physics optimization tools
- Previous experience in thermal / mechanical analysis
- Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making.
- Preferred candidates would have a mix of experience using MS Office tools, Matlab, Python, APDLANSYS, FORTRAN or C programming, Windows/Linux operating systems, and desktop/remote high-performance computing hardware systems.
- Good background and understanding in engineering fundamentals (dynamics, mechanics and thermodynamics)
- Design experience, able to make adjustments to existing models and provide sound design direction to improve components/systems ability to meet requirements
- Able to break down mechanical and thermal requirements into analytical tasks and pass-fail criteria to assess designs
- Experienced in interpreting and correlating to empirical data (time-based accelerometer data, Frequency response plots, thermocouple data... etc.)
- Skilled in Ansys Workbench tools in both structural and thermal analysis essential (transient structural, Harmonic response, random vibration etc.)
- Skilled in Explicit Dynamics for crash and drop analysis (LS Dyna, Ansys Explicit Dynamics) and experienced in using multi-physics optimization tools
- Good reporting skills, able to portray analysis results to a wide range of audience and effectively providing guidance to key stakeholders. Experienced in scripting and automating repetitive tasks is a bonus
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Obtains input and negotiates with Design, Thermal Sciences, Materials and Product Validation and delivers key structural performance parameters like motion, load, natural frequencies, stress, design margin, life, sound power, etc. to Design and Product Validation.
- Makes decisions in the area of structural design (materials and their processing as well as geometry) that impact structural performance (motion, load, natural frequencies, stress, design margin, life, sound power, etc.) of components and systems Applies and improves computer modelling processes that estimate motion, load, natural frequencies, stress, design margin, life, sound power, etc. and tools such as ANSYS, FE-Safe, GT-Suite, and AVL Excite required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
- Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge. Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
- Coordinates and directs work amongst technicians and temporary student employees, assists in the transfer of knowledge to lesser experienced engineers through either indirect (scope of influence) or direct management of a small, local group of engineers.
- Provides support and guidance to influence technical direction within a project team and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role. Operates as a recognized specialist in a discipline or product area within the immediate team.
Hours and Pay
- £35.00 per hour - Ltd Company
- 40 hours per week
- Contract period – 20 weeks initially
Commutable From: Leighton Buzzard, Luton, Bedford, Northampton, Aylesbury, Hemel Hempstead
- This an opportunity to work for a world leading business, for approximately one year.
- The incumbent will be coordinating with the managers on different projects to understand project status, help remove existing obstacles and determine priorities.
- You will provide system updates and report into the US based Hiring Manager.
- Role is open to Ltd Company or PAYE working.
- Previous project management experience is a must as well as the flexibility to assist the Hiring Manager on alternative assignments if necessary
- Someone that's well organized, has good energy and the ability to coordinate many tasks
- A technical background would be a substantial advantage
- Proven project management skills
- Work cross-functionality
- The ability to logically determine the priority of one project to another
Client uses a process called Class 4 to manage projects related to suppliers and products. These projects typically involve a number of different functions not limited to but including manufacturing operations, engineering, quality and supply chain & logistics. The purpose behind these projects can vary from managing risk at a supplier, continuation of supply of product and cost reduction projects. These projects are led by the individual project leaders and in some cases a project can be so big or so critical that an individual is assigned to lead the projects. These projects are managed through a system called Agility. Agility is a project management tool that is institutionalized within the business across all functions and is used to coordinate project approvals virtually. This contracted person’s role is the overall coordination of these Class 4 projects from a purchasing functional perspective to remove obstacles by coordinating resources and management support.
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; works with project leaders to designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues. Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
- Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions. Documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
- Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects. Guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project if required; provides developmental feedback to team members.
- Skills Issue Management - Maintains a cross-functional project issues list, with appropriate prioritization based on the issue's level of importance. Drives appropriate and timely resolution and approval of changes to the project plan.
- Scope Management - Solicits and organizes customer requirements (Voice of the Customer) and tracks the status of project deliverables. Manages the connections between business management and the project teams deliverables.
- Schedule Management - Develops and maintains the multi-project monthly status report as well as any financial reporting to the business at a project and aggregate level. Proficient at one or more schedule management tools. Knows the right level of detail needed to use the tool effectively.
- Resource Plan Management - Develops and manages a cross-functional resource plan for a project. Knows the right level of detail needed to complete the processes and use the tools effectively.
- Business Planning/Strategy - Familiar with tools for financial analysis and its relevance. Knows when, where, and how to get assistance.
- Cross-Functional Knowledge - Understands the more detailed hand-offs between functional areas on a project and knows the detailed work of at least one functional area.
- Project Risk Management - Leads teams in the development of a project FMEA and/or 9-box project risk summary and identifies and manages the actions to mitigate the risk.
Pay and Hours: £25.00 - £28.00 per hour – Ltd Company, 39 hours per week
Due to growth, a reputable, Leicestershire based Manufacturer who supplies into Utilities, Medical & Automotive Industries, requires an experienced Toolmaker to join the team to help fulfil a continued and growing workbook. If you are an experienced Tool Maker who is looking to use their varied skillset please apply today.
Offering the successful Toolmaker:
- Early Friday Finish
- Parking on site
- Overtime opportunities
- A variety in projects
- A healthy, pleasant working environment
Skills required of the Toolmaker:
- Experienced toolmaker
- Ability to use CNC die Sink and CNC milling machine
- Capable of using wire EDM
- Ability to use hand and bench tools
- Ability to read Engineers drawings
- Quality Inspection skills (Vernier callipers, gauges, micrometers)
Roles and responsibilities of Toolmaker
- Setting and operating machinery
- Occasional use of manual machinery
- Assembling of tools
- QI of own works
Commutable from Leicester, Hinckley, Wigston, Lutterworth.
SALES MANAGER - SCOTLAND AND NORTH OF ENGLAND (HOME BASED)
Do you have experience of selling into the agricultural sector? Do you have an interest in the capital equipment industry? This may be the perfect opportunity for you.
An industry leading, agricultural capital equipment manufacturer is seeking a Sales Manager to manage business development and account management activities in Scotland and the North of England.
- The Sales Manager will receive a basic salary of around £40,000 + car + bonus.
- The Sales Manager will be responsible for identifying key end users and distributors accounts to sell the equipment into.
- They will also be responsible for managing existing accounts, both end user and distribution partners to increase revenues in the region.
The company sell rotary mowing equipment which is primarily fitted to agricultural vehicles such as tractors, so experience selling related products and services would be highly advantageous.
The Sales Manager will be working for one of the most well-known brands in the industry, with a well-established reputation which will mean most doors are half open to begin with.
For more information, get in touch today!
A longstanding, reputable Precision Engineering Company who supplies to Aerospace markets is looking for a Gear cutter to join the team as an operator and help with the demand in orders. If you are an experienced Gear Cutter who’s looking to join a welcoming company, who can offer new skills and competitive package, continue reading…
Benefits for the successful Gear Cutter:
- £14 - £15 per hour dependent on experience
- Overtime available at 1.3x -1.5x hourly rate
- Early Finish on Friday
- Off Road Parking
- Uniform & PPE Provided
- Days only shift
- Tea & Coffee provided
Skills of the Gear Cutter:
- Experienced Gear Cutting
- Hobbing & shaping experience
This Gear Cutter role is commutable from Lutterworth, Whetstone, Leicester & Hinckley