Client is a global manufacturer of heavy engineering products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximise customer return on investment. They deliver lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining.
Key Reasons to Join This Business:
- UK and Global travel opportunities
- Exposure to customers & all areas of the business including manufacture
- Working for a dynamic, global market leader
- Exciting projects & opportunities to innovate including patent designs
- 10% bonus
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Translate product specifications from Platform Manager and Product Manager into engineered solutions for the development of new products and modifications to existing products.
- Working with Design engineers, produce full manufacturing specification package including Engineering BOMs.
- Stay knowledgeable of machine component advancements and competitor design trends; apply latest technology to new and existing designs where appropriate to stay current and innovative.
- To resolve problems at the root cause quickly and effectively and manage engineering change process relating to company products.
- Follow Group standards in the areas of QFD, FMEA, design-for-manufacture, prototype development and field testing and follow group engineering standards and associated IT systems, to ensure effective global management of released engineering data.
- Ensure current and new products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability.
- Reduce manufacturing cost through improved design and consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers.
- Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering and 3+ years’ experience in heavy equipment design; mining, aggregates or crushing equipment would be advantageous.
- Strong 3D CAD skills, preferably Pro-E/CREO.
- Ideally have good working knowledge of hydraulic system design, with working knowledge of Metallurgy, welding and casting techniques.
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Experience with Oracle TMS a plus
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken, with good Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Project management experience and advantage
Commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough, Burton upon Trent, Hinckley, Nuneaton
We are working on behalf of a technology-focused company, specializing in control system design, install and commissioning & they have been supporting end users and mechanical system integrators for several years and over this time have become a specialist in automated systems.
They are now looking to strengthen and reinforce the team, with a Junior Electrical Design Engineer, ideally suited to someone looking for the next challenge in their career. The right candidate will take ownership of the electrical design for the ongoing development of new and existing systems.
On a day to day basis, perform electrical design activities associated with the delivery of projects, to end users and partners, from project launch to handover on site.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Interpret design input information to produce electrical control panel/ system designs based on the current ISO, EN, and BS standards
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design/safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, installation designs and drawing.
- Design & production of electrical layouts & schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
- Ongoing management of Bill of Materials to support project and spares procurement
- Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files and participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings, providing technical support to other departments, as required
- Operate in accordance to the company’s ISO 9001 policy
This is a rewarding position, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a highly professional team looking to innovate and drive performance.
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Ideally educated to Degree level, or a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including electrical design and commissioning would be highly advantageous
- Familiar with 415v motor drive systems, soft starts, and inverter drives and familiar with 24v DC motor drive systems would be useful
- Previous use of AutoCAD (EPLAN would be very useful)
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
Hours and Benefits:
- £23,000 - £33,000 dependant on experience
- Flexi time working, 37.5 hours per week
- Health insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Performance based bonus
Commutable From: Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield
Quantity Surveyor (Infrastructure)
We are currently working with a company that operates nationwide, providing integrated consultancy services for major infrastructure and development schemes and has a reputation of designing and delivering some of the most complex projects in the UK.
They have a proven track record of delivery in residential, commercial, retail, public and infrastructure sectors, with significant project experience in planning, designing and delivering strategic highways and bridges, flood alleviation works, transport plans, major utility installations, high rise buildings, new towns, schools/leisure centres, public buildings and business parks.
Their teams are structured to provide efficient, cost effective and dynamic advice, often against challenging timescales and with significant complexities.
The Role within the company will require an enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated individual with a junior or experienced background working as a Quantity Surveyor in recent times.
This is a great opportunity for a successful candidate to join the business in a role offering the prospect to work with experienced Quantity Surveyors and Project Consultants and provide a wide range of development consultancy services.
- Viability Analysis.
- Commercial and Contract Advice.
- Contract Administration.
- Cost Planning and Reporting.
The Quantity Surveyor position will offer the chance to work on some of the largest development programmes in the UK, taking the project lead and driving forward the key stages of project design and delivery.
Based in the organisations building in Southwest Birmingham, the position will liaise and work with other parties and travel when needed to visit and support projects throughout their delivery stages and lifecycles.
- A formal Qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Fully conversant with MS office – Word, Excel Outlook, Project
- Some recent exposure of Quality Management Systems
- 12 – 18 months post qualification sector experience
If you are looking to progress your career in a driven environment working on nationally significant development and infrastructure projects and are looking to extend your experience within the field of QS, please get in touch.
Civil Engineer (Infrastructure projects)
A Civil Engineer is required for a Birmingham based Consultancy
We are working with an organisation that provides consultancy services related to major nationwide infrastructure schemes, with a strong successful track record for the delivery of projects in Commercial, Residential, Public and the Retail sectors. They have vast experience within infrastructure - planning, designing, and delivering highways and bridges, flood elevation works, transport plans, major utility installations, schools, public buildings, and business parks.
Their team is structured to provide efficient, cost effective and dynamic advice, often against challenging timescales and with significant complexities.
This role is seeking a Civil Engineer who can provide support in the following:-
Design a variety of infrastructure schemes as well as liaising with clients in the following disciplines:
- Highway design both preliminary and detailed.
- Drainage design both strategic and detailed.
- Design of foul pumping stations, SUDS, flow control structures and balancing facilities.
- Residential and commercial external works design including earthworks assessments.
A rare opportunity for an experienced Press Toolmaker has become available at an outstanding Engineering company, who have been running successfully for more than 70 years. With a strong customer base supplying into Aerospace, Medical and Structural Steel Industries and having stayed open during COVID-19, still thriving in the current climate, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Benefits for the Press Toolmaker:
- Free Parking and canteen on site
- A friendly and welcoming environment
- Opportunities for overtime
- Opportunities to learn new skills
- Exciting and varying projects
Roles and responsibilities of the Press Toolmaker;
- Repairs and refurb of press tooling
- Use of all standard machinery
- Liaise with customers and suppliers
- Interpret Engineer drawings
- On-time delivery of tools
- Ensure department standards are maintained
Skills required for the Press Toolmaker
- Must be experienced with the manufacture of Press Tools
- Toolmaking > 5 years
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership of tasks
Do not miss out on this rare opportunity
Due to growth, a reputable, Leicestershire based Manufacturer who supplies into Utilities, Medical & Automotive Industries, requires an experienced Toolmaker to join the team to help fulfil a continued and growing workbook. If you are an experienced Tool Maker who is looking to use their varied skillset please apply today.
Offering the successful Toolmaker:
- Early Friday Finish
- Parking on site
- Overtime opportunities
- A variety in projects
- A healthy, pleasant working environment
Skills required of the Toolmaker:
- Experienced toolmaker
- Ability to use CNC die Sink and CNC milling machine
- Capable of using wire EDM
- Ability to use hand and bench tools
- Ability to read Engineers drawings
- Quality Inspection skills (Vernier callipers, gauges, micrometers)
Roles and responsibilities of Toolmaker
- Setting and operating machinery
- Occasional use of manual machinery
- Assembling of tools
- QI of own works
Commutable from Leicester, Hinckley, Wigston, Lutterworth.