Client is a global manufacturer of heavy engineering products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximise customer return on investment. They deliver lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining.
Key Reasons to Join This Business:
- UK and Global travel opportunities
- Exposure to customers & all areas of the business including manufacture
- Working for a dynamic, global market leader
- Exciting projects & opportunities to innovate including patent designs
- 10% bonus
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Translate product specifications from Platform Manager and Product Manager into engineered solutions for the development of new products and modifications to existing products.
- Working with Design engineers, produce full manufacturing specification package including Engineering BOMs.
- Stay knowledgeable of machine component advancements and competitor design trends; apply latest technology to new and existing designs where appropriate to stay current and innovative.
- To resolve problems at the root cause quickly and effectively and manage engineering change process relating to company products.
- Follow Group standards in the areas of QFD, FMEA, design-for-manufacture, prototype development and field testing and follow group engineering standards and associated IT systems, to ensure effective global management of released engineering data.
- Ensure current and new products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability.
- Reduce manufacturing cost through improved design and consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers.
- Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering and 3+ years’ experience in heavy equipment design; mining, aggregates or crushing equipment would be advantageous.
- Strong 3D CAD skills, preferably Pro-E/CREO.
- Ideally have good working knowledge of hydraulic system design, with working knowledge of Metallurgy, welding and casting techniques.
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Experience with Oracle TMS a plus
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken, with good Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Project management experience and advantage
Commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough, Burton upon Trent, Hinckley, Nuneaton
A company with a long track record for innovation and offering tailored bespoke solutions to its global customer base, is currently seeking an Electronic Design Engineer to enhance their R&D Team.
As a company they design and develop a range of technical mechatronic products that are often required to work in partnership with other electronic technologies and equipment.
Their own internal team consists of experienced personnel in the areas of Software, Electronic and Product Design and this position will support all of these areas, with a biased toward Electronic Hardware Development, but with daily interaction with Digital, Software and Mechanical applications as well.
The company are currently busy with the development of three new platforms that are required for delivery and testing early 2021, so the team are extremely busy developing and prototyping new technologies to ensure this target can be achieved.
The position will be offered the opportunity to work remotely and on-site for the initial first 6 months, but the role will then be likely to be reverted back to purely on-site working, so applicants should ideally be situated within a 1 hour commuting distance of the office (South Manchester)
Experience of the following would be extremely useful:
- Schematic Layout and PCB
- Good working knowledge of STM32 Cortex M4
- Exposure to Visual Studio, C++, C#, Python, bash
- Good experience in Source Control, e.g. GIT, subversion
- Collaboration tools, e.g. Confluence
- Bluetooth 5 modules & Wi-Fi modules
- USB 3 Type-C including Power Delivery control via STUSB
- Digital/Analog signal conditioning
- Control circuitry, load drivers, stepper motor control
- Design for EMC and other certifications (e.g. CE, LVD, CB, FCC, UL, CCC, etc)
- Capable of ‘bringing up prototype hardware’, and be comfortable using scopes, bus analysers, etc
- Building, testing, debugging prototypes and early production models
- Design of test equipment and procedures for high reliability production of volume parts
- Experience of Windows App, Android, iOS or other mobile application development would be useful
Requirements for the Electronic Design Engineer role:
- A positive attitude is essential as is flexibility, creativity and pragmatism
- Ability to self-manage project work loads
- Good analytical skills
- Problem solving abilities
- The understanding and learning of new technologies
- A degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Experience of developing embedded electronic hardware and software for real-time and mobile systems
The company will offer:
- 37.5 hour working week
- Contributory pension scheme (5%/5%)
- Private Healthcare
- 29 days paid holiday increasing with service
- Death in Service benefit
- Flexibility in working hours
- A friendly relaxed atmosphere where everyone is focused on creating excellent products
- Remote working for the first 6 months
Commutable from: Manchester, Wrexham, Macclesfield, Crewe, Stoke-on-Trent, Liverpool, Runcorn
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
This is a technology-focused company, specializing in control system design, install and commissioning.
They have been supporting end users and mechanical system integrators for several years and over this time have become a specialist in automated systems.
They are now looking to strengthen and reinforce the team, with an experienced Electrical Design Engineer, ideally suited to someone looking for the next challenge in their career. The right candidate will take ownership of the electrical design for the ongoing development of new and existing systems.
On a day to day basis, perform electrical design activities associated with the delivery of projects, to end users and partners, from project launch to handover on site.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Interpret design input information to produce electrical control panel/ system designs based on the current ISO, EN, and BS standards
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design/safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, installation designs and drawing.
- Design & production of electrical layouts & schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
- Ongoing management of Bill of Materials to support project and spares procurement
- Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files and participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings, providing technical support to other departments, as required
- Operate in accordance to the company’s ISO 9001 policy
This is a rewarding position, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a highly professional team looking to innovate and drive performance.
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Ideally educated to Degree level, or a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including electrical design and commissioning would be highly advantageous
- Familiar with 415v motor drive systems, soft starts, and inverter drives and familiar with 24v DC motor drive systems would be useful
- Previous use of AutoCAD (EPLAN highly advantageous)
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
Hours and Benefits:
- £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience
- Flexi time working, 37.5 hours per week
- Health insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Performance based bonus
Commutable From: Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield.
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
Negotiable Salary (DOE), Homeworking, Car Allowance, Company Pension, Private Medical Insurance & Life Insurance
- Client is looking to recruit an experienced Piling Design Engineer, to work within their estimating team, who is looking to progress their career, working within a homeworking role. As a business, they are committed to the professional development of their employees and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and expanding business.
- The teams principal objective is to identify new business opportunities by preparing design solutions, estimates and tender proposals for the delivery of a variety of piling disciplines that meets the customer’s needs and in accordance with the Company’s Sales and Commercial Strategy.
- The role is design and estimating. You will need to be proficient in working with relevant design software and have an understanding of the estimating process. You will be expected to work from a bill of quantities or a set of drawings and any other form of enquiry documents a client will issue and provide piling designs and price estimates for everything from a one-off scheme to ongoing projects which will be completed over several months.
- You will be required to follow a project through with any design requirements as the project develops or progresses.
- You will be expected to have combined site experience with quantity surveying skills, commercial acumen and a mind capable of financial analysis.
- This is a customer focused role that requires you to have the ability to engage with clients to determine their needs and articulate those requirements in order to provide a solution-based proposal.
Design and Estimating Skills Required
- Interpret architectural engineering plans, blueprints and specification drawings to determine the scope of works
- Check the tender requirements against the Company’s governance procedure and accordance with the Company’s Sales and Commercial Strategy to determine the most appropriate engineering design solution for the installation of sheet steel, driven or bored piles, etc
- Prepare designs for fully embedded retaining walls, cantilever and propped solutions, bearing piles either bored driven or VCC using information supplied by the client or suitable generic engineering values for the soil strata present on site
- In conjunction with the Contracts Manager, conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents
- Review contract conditions and incorporate the Company’s requirements within a written tender submission document
- Liaise with client on an ongoing basis to determine progress of tender
- Comply with stated Company policies and procedures relating to health and safety legislation
Essential Qualifications and Work Experience
- BA Engineering / Civil Engineering – or equivalent in relevant experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in heavy civil engineering
- Minimum 40 hrs per week as dictated to meet the needs of the business.
- The pressure and fixed nature of deadlines means some late nights may be needed. Overnight stays are rare, but you will need to travel to meet clients on site.
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
This is an excellent development opportunity, with a long-standing, world leading design and manufacturing business, who continue to set the global standard in their specialised field.
If you are a Graduate Engineer or recent Engineering Apprentice looking for a career that is a mix between project and sales, this is the role for you.
It’s a great learning and development role, allowing this person to learn several different areas, within a successful manufacturing business.
Key reasons to join this company:
- Established business
- Full training and development provided in the role
- Opportunity to work closely with senior members of the team
- Processing of enquiries
- Machine selection, costing and quotation
- Processing of orders and project management (with customer, engineering, production, accounts)
- Maintenance of existing customer base and generation of new business
- UK customer site visits
- Representing the company at international trade shows
- Degree Educated ideally. HNC / HND will suffice, client will also consider Engineering Apprentices
- Someone who wants to learn, develop and progress their career in a commercial role
- Good communication skills – articulate with a good attitude
- £19,000 - £22,000
Commutable From: Loughborough, Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Birmingham, Tamworth, Lichfield, Burton upon Trent
Probe Technical Recruitment, Sales Engineering Recruitment Specialists since 1994
A busy manufacturing organisation in the Liverpool area, have a requirement for an IT Coordinator to strengthen their IT department.
Despite 202 being a difficult year, they find themselves on huge demand, and as their IT Coordinator, you will be given responsibility to support their IT systems. Demand for their products continue to grow, making this a solid, stable opportunity for you to enjoy a long and fruitful career.
- Responsibility for proactive and reactive support, configuration, and system documentation
- Ensure local critical IT systems are operational
- Problem solving
- Assist the Corporate IT Project Teams in analysis of industrial processes and solutions delivery
- Contact with suppliers on IT solutions related to production
- Integrate in Corporate IT project teams to implement IT Technologies
- Share information relating to IT throughout the plant
- Provide desktop and mobile phone user support
- Relevant IT experience, gained from within a manufacturing environment
- Cisco Networking – LAN/WAN Wireless maintenance, router / switch configuration
- SAP knowledge
- Windows Server (2008/2012/2016) support
- Microsoft Office 2016/365 user support
- Experience with active Directory, GPO, DNS
- Virtualisation technologies (VMWare 6)
- Data cabling and physical network infrastructure CAT5e/CAT6
- Zebra Printer and label printing experience
- It would be beneficial if you have experience of handheld scanners such as datalogic
- Wintel server hardware troubleshooting experience
- £35,000 - £40,000
- Stable, consistent business
- Generous holidays
- Income protection
- Christmas surprise!
Probe Technical Recruitment, Technical Engineering Recruitment Specialists since 1994
Probe Technical Recruitment is recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join a busy process company on a double day shift with early Friday finish. As a Maintenance Engineer within a team you will be required to provide effective Maintenance, repair and servicing of plant building and equipment.
Along with a salary of £29,000 the company offer 22+8 days holiday with an increase to 25 with service, a company pension with Aviva after 2 years with the company and free parking.
The company require an ONC/ City & Guilds/ NVQ or Apprenticeship in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with Multi-Skilled ability.
Duties for Maintenance Engineer:
- To attend all Mechanical, Electrical, Plant and Building problems
- To carry out reasonable requests made by management
- To undertake a programme of planned preventative maintenance ensuring optimum use and minimum downtime
- To keep accurate records where required
The role of Maintenance Engineer is commutable from Coventry, Nuneaton, and Leicester.
Probe Technical Recruitment, Maintenance Recruitment Specialists since 1994