This opportunity is for a hands-on Engineer to join a successful general and precision engineering company as Production Supervisor / Workshop Foreman.
The highly successful business has been running for many years and are recognised for their bespoke fabrications for special machinery and conveyor systems. With bespoke items being their forte, you will not be monotonised as you will be overseeing a varied workload. You will be both office and factory based, so must be competent at scheduling and production management as well as being willing to get stuck in with your hands-on experience on the shop floor.
In exchange for their hands-on expertise the Production Supervisor / Workshop Foreman will receive:
- A Competitive package
- Days shift
- Early finish on a Friday
- Free on-site parking
- Own office
- Overtime opportunities
Key Roles & Responsibilities for the Production Supervisor / Workshop Foreman:
- Lead and support a range of employees, from fabricator welders to skilled machinists
- Ensure the workshop is running in line with targets and requirements
- Ensure records and processes are compliant
- To be the point of contact for jobs / projects
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness and tidiness in the workshop
Skills Required for the Production Supervisor / Workshop Foreman:
- Team player and good lone worker, with initiative to work independently
- Must have hands on experienced in Engineering / Fabrication – Metals
- Ideally will have some machining experience
- Self-sufficient, self-starter
- Ability to lead by example and experience
If you have both leadership and hands on skills, please apply today.
Commutable from Wigan, Southport, St. Helens, Liverpool, Preston, and Manchester.
Probe Technical Recruitment, Manufacturing & Production Recruitment Specialists since 1994
Working with the relevant design, manufacturing and purchasing teams and reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for providing full cost analysis of each new and existing machine. You will also be required to identify and execute significant cost down opportunities in fabricated assemblies, bought-in components and machine build efficiencies.
Value Engineer Hours and Salary
- Salary - £35,000
- 37.5 hours, Monday - Friday
Value Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Full cost analysis of existing products including standard Bills of Material, standard and non-standard options
- Support new product development with costing analysis. Cost analysis / target pricing on all new and modified products
- Provide forecasted costs for all machines using established costing templates. Creation of standard component engineering / cost libraries
- Analyse and compare welding fabrications with regard to new designs. Review all sub-assemblies in terms of materials and labour costs
- Work with the manufacturing and finance teams to identify sectional BoMs. Will be a key driver in cost down projects in the department.
- Support Product Managers in generating pricing, Price Book updates as needed, support the engineering team as requested by the engineering manager
- Analysis of Purchase Price Variance and maintain cost trackers. Identify opportunities for value engineering or process efficiencies within existing as well as new product
Value Engineer Person Specification
- Engineering degree or evidence of equivalent (ideally)
- Proven experience of machine cost analysis, and proven ability to manipulate data and generate cost models
- Experience of heavy equipment would be a distinct advantage
- Strong computer skills especially MS excel. Strong planning and execution skills
- The ability to prioritise work and thrive in a fast-moving business to meet tight deadlines
- Good English communication skills, both written and spoken, good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges & cultures
This Value Engineer is commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Burton upon Trent, Coventry, Tamworth
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
Product Support & Test Technician – Electronics
Based within a small engineering business that is part of a larger European Group, the role will be part of the Test and Development Team that is primary responsible for the development of electronic component parts of the organisation’s product range.
The company has a proud history for always being an innovative leader and for being in recent times, the first to introduce specialist technology to market.
The Product Support Technician will form a key role in this business and an important part of product development process.
Product Support & Test Technician Benefits:
- £25,000 - £35,000
- Pension – Contributions
- 33 Days Holidays
- Career Development
The primary duties of the Product Support & Test Technician will be:
- To maintain technical data systems relating to product design and manufacture.
- To define and introduce new products.
- To provide technical support to other departments within the company.
- To maintain company product and materials specification systems.
- To maintain product data via ERP item master, bill of material and routing files.
- To maintain libraries of technical data relating to products, materials and components.
- To maintain technical equipment and perform product testing.
- Organise manufacture of new product samples.
The Primary Requirements for the Product Support Technician:
- A formal qualification in engineering ONC (NVQ level 3) or above (including basic electronics knowledge).
- Be Self-motivation and have good attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels (both internally and externally)
- Good PC skills, particularly MS Word and MS Excel.
- Experience of basic electronics hand-assembly.
This Product Support & Test Technician role is commutable from: Stowmarket, Thetford, Bury St Edmunds, Braintree, Newmarket
Probe Recruitment is looking to appoint Trainee Recruitment Consultants to join our growing and successful team.
Ideally you will be driven, a quick learner, hardworking and resilient, as these traits will enable a Trainee Recruitment Consultant to quickly build a successful patch and grow their earnings.
Some of the features that a Trainee Recruitment Consultant can expect from working for Probe include:
- An Outstanding Commission Scheme – You could earn up to 30% on the fees that you generate, and you can earn commission on 100% of your billings.
- Highly Competitive Basic Salaries – Commensurate with experience.
- A Structured Career Development Pathway – To Team Manager or Principal level.
- A Highly Knowledgeable Team - You will work with some highly experienced and successful Consultants, some of whom have worked here for over 21 years.
- Reduce Your Daily Commute - If you live in North Birmingham, you could cut the time and cost of going into the city each day.
- Free Car Parking Provided
- Pension & Healthcare Provided – After a short qualifying period.
- An Excellent Working Environment – This is a very friendly office culture, and we adopt a mature approach to KPI management.
- Incentives - We run a regular individual and team-based incentives, where you can win prizes and Michelin Star meals. We also value and reward longevity with long service awards.
If you are a driven individual, ideally with some sales experience, and would like to be become a Trainee Recruitment Consultant, I’d be very keen to discuss this opportunity with you in greater detail.
You can initiate that conversation by applying via this advertisement, or you can call or contact me directly – firstname.lastname@example.org / 0121 321 4311.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Technical Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
We are currently assisting a Leading organisation based in the Rochdale Area in their Search for a Hands on Maintenance Supervisor to join their already established Maintenance team on site.
Benefits the Maintenance Supervisor will receive:
- £35,000 - £40,000 DOE
- 33 Days Holiday
- Life Assurance
- Health Care
Days only: Monday to Thursday 07:30am till 4:40pm / Friday 07:30am till 4pm
Experience the Maintenance Supervisor will hold:
- They will be responsible for a Team of 8 Maintenance Engineers – a Mixture of Mechanical and Electrical.
- Assist the Engineering Manager with Projects and Developments on Site
- Assist the General Manager with Improvements to Eliminate downtimes / Deal with other Continuous improvements.
- Keep Essentials Stock items at necessary working Level’s
- To comply and work to the Companies Health and Safety Procedures.
- To Assist with Servicing and Inspections on all Production machinery and Mechanical Systems & Equipment
- Work with Preventative Maintenance Systems to reduce any breakdowns and unplanned Maintenance.
Experience the Maintenance Supervisor will hold:
- Previous experience within a Maintenance Supervisory Role
- Ideally this individual will be Mechanically Biased.
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing / Textiles industry
- Previous experience with Manufacturing and Textiles machinery
- Have a Flexible and hands-on approach where needed throughout the site.
- Experience with: Milling and Turning / Welding and Fabrication.
- Apprentice trained holding a formal qualifications in Mechanical Engineering.
This Maintenance Supervisory role is commutable from: Huddersfield / Halifax / Rochdale / Ashton-Under-Lyne / Bury and Bolton.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Maintenance, Reliability & Service Recruitment Support since 1994
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a organisation who has been established for over 50 years, They are a leading organisation based within the North West. They are currently looking for a Maintenance electrician who holds previous experience within a Blow moulding / Plastics Environment.
The right Maintenance Electrician will hold:
- Ideally the individual will hold relevant experience within a Plastics / Blow moulding environment
- Previous experience within a Maintenance Electrician role
- To hold abilities with Siemens and Mitsubishi PLC’s - Fault finding abilities
- To have worked with both Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- AC / DC Motors / Drives experience
- The individual has to be flexible as there is a call out every other weekend
- Looking for a highly motivated, Driven individual
- 17th / 18th Edition
- HNC Qualified – Electrical Engineering
- Previous Experience within Blow moulding / Plastics is Essential to this role.
- Apprentice trained
- Days, Monday to Fridays
- 34 Days Holidays
- Christmas Shutdown
Probe Technical Recruitment, Maintenance Recruitment Specialists since 1994