You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
AUTOMATION DESIGN ENGINEER
Design Engineer – Automation / Manufacturing Machinery
A multi-site production organisation is currently seeking an internal bespoke machinery Design Engineer to design modules for their own manufacturing equipment. The position will have responsibility to designing bespoke machinery and robotic cells for a wide range of products.
As an organisation they are continually seeking to expand their capabilities and methods to manufacture as efficiently as possible, and this position will be key to achieve these aims.
- Designing modules for manufacturing equipment.
- Commissioning and project managing the installation of machinery.
- Independently designing bespoke machinery and or robotic cells for manufacturing a wide range of products.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues at other company sites to design automated machinery specific to the manufacturing capabilities required at each site.
- The role will be proactive and innovative in-regards to offering more efficient factory processes.
- Depending on experience the individual will have to follow projects from conception to commissioning.
- Flexibility to travel to other local sites will be required.
The right Design Engineer for this role will have the following attributes:
- Be fully conversant with 3D CAD with proven experience of designing automated production machinery, incorporating pneumatics, servos and hydraulics.
- Degree or similar qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- Will be experienced in the application of robotics.
- Must be capable of working independently when required but also within a team developing innovative automated machinery and processes and seeing these projects through from concepts to fully functioning production equipment.
- Must be willing to get involved with the factory floor to work with teams to overcome issues and problems. (This role will not be entirely be desk based to understand the manufacturing challenges and to enable the implementation of the finished equipment.)
- As well as design the individual will have to project manage entire projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and IT literate.
- Ability to work under pressure, with excellent organisational skills.
- Experience of designing, building and commissioning bespoke automated machinery.
- The ideal candidate will have experience within packaging, food, or manufacturing industries.
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on Designer with a Machinery background, who understands the needs and issues of fast manufacturing processes.
- Attractive Salary
- 25 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
Commutable from – Manchester, Wigan, Bolton, Rochdale, Oldham,
Probe Technical Recruitment, Celebrating 26 Years of Technical Engineering Recruitment Excellence