We are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a fast growing organisation who specialise in the design and development of electromechanical devices.
The company have seen fantastic growth of not only its own staff and revenue, but also its product range in the last few years and currently boasts a strong team of Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic Engineers within its R&D team.
The position will be daily involved in the mechanical design of devices and components that will house Smart Technology, Electronic and Electrical applications. The role will involve using 3D CAD SolidWorks to achieve the mechanical aspects of the projects - machine parts, fabrications, enclosures and moving parts.
The right candidate for the Design Engineer position will have a strong background in 3D CAD design and development of electromechanical or mechatronic devices or similar.
- Be formally qualified in either Mechanical or Design Engineering in (HND/Degree).
- Be fully conversant with a modern 3D CAD package (SolidWorks, Creo or similar)
- Have 1st principle mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Have an appreciation of electrical and electronic applications.
- A knowledge of software and embedded software applications would be advantageous.
- Good project engineering and the ability to create supporting documentation and presentations in relation to project management duties.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work well within a team and understand and learn new technology and procedures.
- A strong work ethic.
- This role for a Design Engineer would be a great opportunity for either a mid-level or experienced Designer, who is looking for a new challenge to work full product life cycle and see projects through to completion and final delivery to an end customer.
- The company will offer a suitable applicant, good opportunities to progress their career and develop new skills.
- 25 days holiday plus bank Holidays
- A good pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Career development.
If you believe you are a Design Engineer who could be suited to this position, with 3 years plus experience. Please forward your latest CV with a brief cover letter.
This position is commutable from Manchester, Preston, Blackpool, Rochdale, Oldham and Bolton.
1999 - 2020, Celebrating 21 Years of Specialist Research, Development & Design Recruitment Excellence
A company with a long track record for innovation and offering tailored bespoke solutions to its global customer base, is currently seeking an Electronic Design Engineer to enhance their R&D Team.
As a company they design and develop a range of technical mechatronic products that are often required to work in partnership with other electronic technologies and equipment.
Their own internal team consists of experienced personnel in the areas of Software, Electronic and Product Design and this position will support all of these areas, with a biased toward Electronic Hardware Development, but with daily interaction with Digital, Software and Mechanical applications as well.
The company are currently busy with the development of three new platforms that are required for delivery and testing early 2021, so the team are extremely busy developing and prototyping new technologies to ensure this target can be achieved.
The position will be offered the opportunity to work remotely and on-site for the initial first 6 months, but the role will then be likely to be reverted back to purely on-site working, so applicants should ideally be situated within a 1 hour commuting distance of the office (South Manchester)
Experience of the following would be extremely useful:
- Schematic Layout and PCB
- Good working knowledge of STM32 Cortex M4
- Exposure to Visual Studio, C++, C#, Python, bash
- Good experience in Source Control, e.g. GIT, subversion
- Collaboration tools, e.g. Confluence
- Bluetooth 5 modules & Wi-Fi modules
- USB 3 Type-C including Power Delivery control via STUSB
- Digital/Analog signal conditioning
- Control circuitry, load drivers, stepper motor control
- Design for EMC and other certifications (e.g. CE, LVD, CB, FCC, UL, CCC, etc)
- Capable of ‘bringing up prototype hardware’, and be comfortable using scopes, bus analysers, etc
- Building, testing, debugging prototypes and early production models
- Design of test equipment and procedures for high reliability production of volume parts
- Experience of Windows App, Android, iOS or other mobile application development would be useful
Requirements for the Electronic Design Engineer role:
- A positive attitude is essential as is flexibility, creativity and pragmatism
- Ability to self-manage project work loads
- Good analytical skills
- Problem solving abilities
- The understanding and learning of new technologies
- A degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Experience of developing embedded electronic hardware and software for real-time and mobile systems
The company will offer:
- 37.5 hour working week
- Contributory pension scheme (5%/5%)
- Private Healthcare
- 29 days paid holiday increasing with service
- Death in Service benefit
- Flexibility in working hours
- A friendly relaxed atmosphere where everyone is focused on creating excellent products
- Remote working for the first 6 months
Commutable from: Manchester, Wrexham, Macclesfield, Crewe, Stoke-on-Trent, Liverpool, Runcorn
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
This is a technology-focused company, specializing in control system design, install and commissioning.
They have been supporting end users and mechanical system integrators for several years and over this time have become a specialist in automated systems.
They are now looking to strengthen and reinforce the team, with an experienced Electrical Design Engineer, ideally suited to someone looking for the next challenge in their career. The right candidate will take ownership of the electrical design for the ongoing development of new and existing systems.
On a day to day basis, perform electrical design activities associated with the delivery of projects, to end users and partners, from project launch to handover on site.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Interpret design input information to produce electrical control panel/ system designs based on the current ISO, EN, and BS standards
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design/safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, installation designs and drawing.
- Design & production of electrical layouts & schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
- Ongoing management of Bill of Materials to support project and spares procurement
- Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files and participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings, providing technical support to other departments, as required
- Operate in accordance to the company’s ISO 9001 policy
This is a rewarding position, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a highly professional team looking to innovate and drive performance.
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Ideally educated to Degree level, or a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including electrical design and commissioning would be highly advantageous
- Familiar with 415v motor drive systems, soft starts, and inverter drives and familiar with 24v DC motor drive systems would be useful
- Previous use of AutoCAD (EPLAN highly advantageous)
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
Hours and Benefits:
- £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience
- Flexi time working, 37.5 hours per week
- Health insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Performance based bonus
Commutable From: Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield.
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
Negotiable Salary (DOE), Homeworking, Car Allowance, Company Pension, Private Medical Insurance & Life Insurance
- Client is looking to recruit an experienced Piling Design Engineer, to work within their estimating team, who is looking to progress their career, working within a homeworking role. As a business, they are committed to the professional development of their employees and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and expanding business.
- The teams principal objective is to identify new business opportunities by preparing design solutions, estimates and tender proposals for the delivery of a variety of piling disciplines that meets the customer’s needs and in accordance with the Company’s Sales and Commercial Strategy.
- The role is design and estimating. You will need to be proficient in working with relevant design software and have an understanding of the estimating process. You will be expected to work from a bill of quantities or a set of drawings and any other form of enquiry documents a client will issue and provide piling designs and price estimates for everything from a one-off scheme to ongoing projects which will be completed over several months.
- You will be required to follow a project through with any design requirements as the project develops or progresses.
- You will be expected to have combined site experience with quantity surveying skills, commercial acumen and a mind capable of financial analysis.
- This is a customer focused role that requires you to have the ability to engage with clients to determine their needs and articulate those requirements in order to provide a solution-based proposal.
Design and Estimating Skills Required
- Interpret architectural engineering plans, blueprints and specification drawings to determine the scope of works
- Check the tender requirements against the Company’s governance procedure and accordance with the Company’s Sales and Commercial Strategy to determine the most appropriate engineering design solution for the installation of sheet steel, driven or bored piles, etc
- Prepare designs for fully embedded retaining walls, cantilever and propped solutions, bearing piles either bored driven or VCC using information supplied by the client or suitable generic engineering values for the soil strata present on site
- In conjunction with the Contracts Manager, conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents
- Review contract conditions and incorporate the Company’s requirements within a written tender submission document
- Liaise with client on an ongoing basis to determine progress of tender
- Comply with stated Company policies and procedures relating to health and safety legislation
Essential Qualifications and Work Experience
- BA Engineering / Civil Engineering – or equivalent in relevant experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in heavy civil engineering
- Minimum 40 hrs per week as dictated to meet the needs of the business.
- The pressure and fixed nature of deadlines means some late nights may be needed. Overnight stays are rare, but you will need to travel to meet clients on site.
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
This opportunity is for a hands-on Engineer to join a successful general and precision engineering company as Production Supervisor / Workshop Foreman.
The highly successful business has been running for many years and are recognised for their bespoke fabrications for special machinery and conveyor systems. With bespoke items being their forte, you will not be monotonised as you will be overseeing a varied workload. You will be both office and factory based, so must be competent at scheduling and production management as well as being willing to get stuck in with your hands-on experience on the shop floor.
In exchange for their hands-on expertise the Production Supervisor / Workshop Foreman will receive:
- A Competitive package
- Days shift
- Early finish on a Friday
- Free on-site parking
- Own office
- Overtime opportunities
Key Roles & Responsibilities for the Production Supervisor / Workshop Foreman:
- Lead and support a range of employees, from fabricator welders to skilled machinists
- Ensure the workshop is running in line with targets and requirements
- Ensure records and processes are compliant
- To be the point of contact for jobs / projects
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness and tidiness in the workshop
Skills Required for the Production Supervisor / Workshop Foreman:
- Team player and good lone worker, with initiative to work independently
- Must have hands on experienced in Engineering / Fabrication – Metals
- Ideally will have some machining experience
- Self-sufficient, self-starter
- Ability to lead by example and experience
If you have both leadership and hands on skills, please apply today.
Commutable from Wigan, Southport, St. Helens, Liverpool, Preston, and Manchester.
Probe Technical Recruitment, Manufacturing & Production Recruitment Specialists since 1994
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a organisation who has been established for over 50 years, They are a leading organisation based within the North West. They are currently looking for a Maintenance electrician who holds previous experience within a Blow moulding / Plastics Environment.
The right Maintenance Electrician will hold:
- Ideally the individual will hold relevant experience within a Plastics / Blow moulding environment
- Previous experience within a Maintenance Electrician role
- To hold abilities with Siemens and Mitsubishi PLC’s - Fault finding abilities
- To have worked with both Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- AC / DC Motors / Drives experience
- The individual has to be flexible as there is a call out every other weekend
- Looking for a highly motivated, Driven individual
- 17th / 18th Edition
- HNC Qualified – Electrical Engineering
- Previous Experience within Blow moulding / Plastics is Essential to this role.
- Apprentice trained
- Days, Monday to Fridays
- 34 Days Holidays
- Christmas Shutdown
Probe Technical Recruitment, Maintenance Recruitment Specialists since 1994
An industry leading, agricultural equipment and machinery manufacturer is currently seeking a Sales Executive to grow their business in the North of England and Wales region. The company designs and manufactures a rage of capital equipment for use in the agricultural industry. They pride themselves on quality and consider themselves industry leaders in this respect. The Sales Executive will be establishing a dealer network in the area as well as selling direct to farmers across the region.
In return for your knowledge and success as a Sales Executive you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary of up to £30,000 plus an uncapped commission plan. This company’s top performers are earning in excess of £60,000 with commission.
Further benefits include a company car, mobile phone, laptop, 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays) and a home office.
- Establishing a dealer network across the region
- Managing customer queries including quotes and requests for demonstrations
- The Sales Executive will be representing the company at various industry events
- Maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Meeting and exceeding financial targets
- At least 1 years’ experience within the agricultural industry, ideally within the territory
- Some knowledge of machinery/capital equipment sales
- Willingness to travel across the region on a daily basis
- Can-do attitude and a desire for success
- A full UK driving licence