You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
DESIGN ENGINEER - Mechanical
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a fast growing organisation who specialise in the design and development of electromechanical devices.
The company have seen fantastic growth of not only its own staff and revenue, but also its product range in the last few years and currently boasts a strong team of Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic Engineers within its R&D team.
The position will be daily involved in the mechanical design of devices and components that will house Smart Technology, Electronic and Electrical applications. The role will involve using 3D CAD SolidWorks to achieve the mechanical aspects of the projects - machine parts, fabrications, enclosures and moving parts.
The right candidate for the Design Engineer position will have a strong background in 3D CAD design and development of electromechanical or mechatronic devices or similar.
- Be formally qualified in either Mechanical or Design Engineering in (HND/Degree).
- Be fully conversant with a modern 3D CAD package (SolidWorks, Creo or similar)
- Have 1st principle mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Have an appreciation of electrical and electronic applications.
- A knowledge of software and embedded software applications would be advantageous.
- Good project engineering and the ability to create supporting documentation and presentations in relation to project management duties.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work well within a team and understand and learn new technology and procedures.
- A strong work ethic.
- This role for a Design Engineer would be a great opportunity for either a mid-level or experienced Designer, who is looking for a new challenge to work full product life cycle and see projects through to completion and final delivery to an end customer.
- The company will offer a suitable applicant, good opportunities to progress their career and develop new skills.
- 25 days holiday plus bank Holidays
- A good pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Career development.
If you believe you are a Design Engineer who could be suited to this position, with 3 years plus experience. Please forward your latest CV with a brief cover letter.
This position is commutable from Manchester, Preston, Blackpool, Rochdale, Oldham and Bolton.
1999 - 2020, Celebrating 21 Years of Specialist Research, Development & Design Recruitment Excellence